Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:45 pm


Vote NO 1639
NO on 1639 Fundraiser - $16,631
 
$0 YOU RAISED $16,631!!!
Vote NO 1639
Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar





Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Routine DUI stop results in shootout - madness 
Author Message
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Index
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012
Posts: 8028
Real Name: Jeff
deadshot2 wrote:
All those bleeding heart, anti-cop libs, who raise a stink over how a video caught officers fighting with a subject, and administered a few blows with fists during the process, should be locked in a room and forced to watch this video for several hours on end.

It may start as a simple DUI stop but there are some bat-shit crazy people out there that you never know what will set them off. How many times was he lit up with the taser? Yet he still could break free and go retrieve his firearm.

This happened back in 2017 and I'm sure details of this incident made their way through the nation's PD's. Might account for some of the incidents we've seen officers involved in since then where subjects are treated less than kind when they don't follow lawful orders. Might even be the reason a few got shot.

It is a logical fallacy to argue who screwed the pooch first. Screwing the pooch is wrong.

This is your argument above. *Because one party screws up, it's ok for the other party to screw up.*

It is not right, for either party to screw up. Regardless of who did so, first. Or how badly.

And I am no bleeding heart anti-cop lib.

Also, by your logic, every cop should be locked in a room for hours on end, watching citizens being brutalized, and/or killed, and their family members mourning them. Neither scenario is going to be anything more than cruelty against the viewer, until both sides start to get a clue and use some common sense, and common courtesy.

_________________
-Jeff

Image

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

They can have my gun, when they have given up all of theirs.

Personally, I'd like to see cops kill fewer people, and the courts kill more of them.~snozzberries
The big takeaway is that PETA now has more mass shooters than the NRA. ~RocketScott


Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:23 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Montesano, WA
Joined: Thu Sep 6, 2012
Posts: 5700
Real Name: Dan
deadshot2 wrote:
All those bleeding heart, anti-cop libs, who raise a stink over how a video caught officers fighting with a subject, and administered a few blows with fists during the process, should be locked in a room and forced to watch this video for several hours on end.

It may start as a simple DUI stop but there are some bat-shit crazy people out there that you never know what will set them off. How many times was he lit up with the taser? Yet he still could break free and go retrieve his firearm.

This happened back in 2017 and I'm sure details of this incident made their way through the nation's PD's. Might account for some of the incidents we've seen officers involved in since then where subjects are treated less than kind when they don't follow lawful orders. Might even be the reason a few got shot.



So you're saying they really do operate on guilty until proven innocent? Sweet. Murica.

_________________
No matter how hard you try to do the right thing, someone is going to hate you.
public apology to rocko77 for ghosting on our meetup---thanks Harvey & Maria


Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:27 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015
Posts: 2932
DS2 was pointing out that videos get posted without preface, so some people assume there was nothing to provoke the officer's reactions

The running trend in these types of threads: Who did what wrong, who is to blame. Then people huddle in their respective camps

We could look at things like this in a academic sort of way and learn from them or keep throwing stones

So much happens outside of our purview

_________________
You may be right, I may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for


Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:20 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Index
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012
Posts: 8028
Real Name: Jeff
RocketScott wrote:
DS2 was pointing out that videos get posted without preface, so some people assume there was nothing to provoke the officer's reactions

The running trend in these types of threads: Who did what wrong, who is to blame. Then people huddle in their respective camps

We could look at things like this in a academic sort of way and learn from them or keep throwing stones

So much happens outside of our purview

:thumbsup2:

_________________
-Jeff

Image

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

They can have my gun, when they have given up all of theirs.

Personally, I'd like to see cops kill fewer people, and the courts kill more of them.~snozzberries
The big takeaway is that PETA now has more mass shooters than the NRA. ~RocketScott


Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:32 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Montesano, WA
Joined: Thu Sep 6, 2012
Posts: 5700
Real Name: Dan
RocketScott wrote:
DS2 was pointing out that videos get posted without preface, so some people assume there was nothing to provoke the officer's reactions

The running trend in these types of threads: Who did what wrong, who is to blame. Then people huddle in their respective camps

We could look at things like this in a academic sort of way and learn from them or keep throwing stones

So much happens outside of our purview


He lost me when he condoned the actions based on "what if".......

I'm not throwing stones. I'm discussing judgement.


Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:55 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015
Posts: 2932
dan360 wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
DS2 was pointing out that videos get posted without preface, so some people assume there was nothing to provoke the officer's reactions

The running trend in these types of threads: Who did what wrong, who is to blame. Then people huddle in their respective camps

We could look at things like this in a academic sort of way and learn from them or keep throwing stones

So much happens outside of our purview


He lost me when he condoned the actions based on "what if".......

I'm not throwing stones. I'm discussing judgement.


You're condemning actions based on "what if"

See how that works?

_________________
You may be right, I may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for


Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:18 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Montesano, WA
Joined: Thu Sep 6, 2012
Posts: 5700
Real Name: Dan
RocketScott wrote:
dan360 wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
DS2 was pointing out that videos get posted without preface, so some people assume there was nothing to provoke the officer's reactions

The running trend in these types of threads: Who did what wrong, who is to blame. Then people huddle in their respective camps

We could look at things like this in a academic sort of way and learn from them or keep throwing stones

So much happens outside of our purview


He lost me when he condoned the actions based on "what if".......

I'm not throwing stones. I'm discussing judgement.


You're condemning actions based on "what if"

See how that works?


When they are inappropriate, yes. Otherwise, no. I see how things work quite well no need to talk down, sir.

_________________
No matter how hard you try to do the right thing, someone is going to hate you.
public apology to rocko77 for ghosting on our meetup---thanks Harvey & Maria


Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Location: WA State
Joined: Fri Feb 8, 2013
Posts: 371
Quote:
We don't know. We must assume the worst....


No, sir. I work with reality--indeed, preparing for the POTENTIAL reality.

Here is one potential reality...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSu1GKRklEw

Here is another...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6HvvPC2hL0

And yet another potential reality...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IK7YADL_Fk

And the worst possible reality...this one is hard to watch folks. I warn you now, it's not for the faint of heart...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsrC5QV_Yrc

Each and every one of these (well, with the exception of the first one) is possible on ANY stop, ANY contact...

...the problem is, we don't know until it happens.

_________________
I hunt the things that go bump in the night....


Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:02 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015
Posts: 2932
"what if" refers to the unknown, a hypothetical

If you're OK passing judgement based on that then I don't think we can really have an open discussion about what happened

I'm not talking down to you, I'm pointing out the flaws in your logic

You beat up DS2 for something he actually wasn't doing and then did the exact same thing that you denounced

I read his post at face value, He wasn't condoning the actions based on "what if", there were actual events that took place, it's in the video.

_________________
You may be right, I may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for


Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:09 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 34897
Real Name: Steve
Powderman wrote:


Who watched that one? And who said, "OMG just taze his ass already" or "Holy crap why are they wasting so much time with this dude?"

Flashing back to our conversation about the guy on the tractor at Walmart, and the suggestions that cops just need to take more time to discuss and negotiation with people who are non-compliant, this video illustrates them doing exactly that . . . and not only do they waste a lot of time, they spend WAY more time than necessary exposed next to high-speed traffic, and dealing with a guy who could have been very dangerous if he chose to resist.

I get it, they were trying to treat a fellow cop gently, but they spent way, WAY too much time talking to that dude.

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:04 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Parkland
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013
Posts: 876
Real Name: Jeremy
MadPick wrote:
Powderman wrote:


Who watched that one? And who said, "OMG just taze his ass already" or "Holy crap why are they wasting so much time with this dude?"

Flashing back to our conversation about the guy on the tractor at Walmart, and the suggestions that cops just need to take more time to discuss and negotiation with people who are non-compliant, this video illustrates them doing exactly that . . . and not only do they waste a lot of time, they spend WAY more time than necessary exposed next to high-speed traffic, and dealing with a guy who could have been very dangerous if he chose to resist.

I get it, they were trying to treat a fellow cop gently, but they spent way, WAY too much time talking to that dude.


Agreed. This is the opposite end of the spectrum though. Considering it’s another officer, I just don’t think it’s a good example.

_________________
.
Women scare me - all soft and playful on the outside, all berserker Ragnarok killing machines upstairs in the control room.
Rencorp .


Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:18 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BadKarma, Guns4Liberty, Massivedesign and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.576s | 16 Queries | GZIP : On ]