Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:55 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Woods creek road/ Monroe pit open? 

https://www.king5.com/article/news/loca ... -617878112 I know the headline is asinine as the pit closure is temporary because of logging. I'm wondering if it's reopen yet, or if there's a scheduled reopen date, or somewhere to check online if it's reopen.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd probably start by contacting DNR. The article makes it sound as though they're the ones who coordinated the closure to support the logging operations.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:43 am

Last time I drove by was about 1.5 months ago, the gate was closed and there was a closed to shooting sign posted.

Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:36 am

I have reached out to the DNR regarding this spot. I'll let you know what they say, if they ever respond.

Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:43 pm

Any update on this range? Last I visited earlier last month, it was closed still. Really disappointed about the news report that hit the media regarding this spot. It's my favorite spot, and unfortunately it was plagued with undesirables for a bit. (Erratic shooters, no lane coordination, heavy littering, etc.) I tried going a few times before the closure but ran into people like that every time I went, so I avoided it. Big bummer. This was my go to spot, and I had some good clean fun there. I'd always clean up, and the regulars I met there were responsible. I hope it opens up soon. If anyone could provide and update or maybe invite me and my fiance to a new spot, I'd be grateful. My fiance is pretty new so please, any wisdom I couldn't provide would be great. I'm also always looking for more knowledge to add to the books!

-AARON.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:40 pm

According to the DNR representative that I spoke to, they should be done with their logging / quarry / whatever project on the 15th of this month, BUT he did ask me to follow up at that time to ensure it is legally accessible.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:50 pm

Thanks for the update! I'll bring an extra box of ammo with your name on it

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:07 pm

I will try to remember to keep you updated. I did not do such a great job last time.

I'll fire off another email on the 15th.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd like to know where this place is, that road isnt too far from me

Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:48 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

PapaKhan wrote:
Any update on this range? Last I visited earlier last month, it was closed still. Really disappointed about the news report that hit the media regarding this spot. It's my favorite spot, and unfortunately it was plagued with undesirables for a bit. (Erratic shooters, no lane coordination, heavy littering, etc.) I tried going a few times before the closure but ran into people like that every time I went, so I avoided it. Big bummer. This was my go to spot, and I had some good clean fun there. I'd always clean up, and the regulars I met there were responsible. I hope it opens up soon. If anyone could provide and update or maybe invite me and my fiance to a new spot, I'd be grateful. My fiance is pretty new so please, any wisdom I couldn't provide would be great. I'm also always looking for more knowledge to add to the books!

-AARON.

Welcome, Aaron!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:30 pm

Still waiting for a reply back from the DNR.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:26 am

Not looking good gents.

The "Acting Cascade District Manager" replied to my e-mail inquiry:

"Thank you for reaching out to DNR regarding the status of the Woods Creek Pit, it is appreciated. Rock pit activities (crushing, stockpiling, hauling) are planned to continue for a while so the pit is still closed to shooting for the safety of the contractors and the preservation of their equipment. Your patience is appreciated.

Thank you again"

Doesn't sound like they are too keen on keeping that pit open for any reason. I replied thanking him and mentioning that I will probably be contacting him again in the near future.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:55 pm

I passed by here at ~2pm on Saturday with every intent to find a new place to shoot however I saw several cars parked there and NO posted "no shooting" signs. I took it upon myself to join in on the fun for about an hour and half when I packed up and left I was met by the sheriff who just arrived and informed me that shooting was still not allowed here and that apparently the No shooting signs he posted no more than 5 hours earlier were torn down and hidden in the brush by the gate. Obviously he wasn't pleased and couple this with the fact that somebody dumped a bag of trash at the gate he said at this rate the pit will likely become permanently closed.

So in closing, thanks to the a**holes who ruined this spot for everyone.

Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:39 am

Thanks for the updates guys. Yeah, those were the type of people that I was running in to every time I went. People like that will ruin it for everybody else. Unfortunately, I think it's safe to say that this spot is canned, even if it is reopened. On the off chance, if anyone has any spots they'd like to share, I'd appreciate it immensly. I haven't gotten to go shooting in months lmao.

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have been taking my grandson out shooting for two years now. We go to the Darrington pits. Just like any other pit thete is always garbage left by the slobs how use these pits. I bought two of the magnets with the 3 foot handlen you pull the wire under the handle and it pulls the magnet up and the stuff drops off the plastic base, $10 at Harbor Freight.
Every time we go shooting we bring home buckets of garbage shotgun hulls and steel rifle and pistol cases.
A three gallon bucket of steel rifle & pistol cases will weight an average of thirty pounds.
I take the steel cases over to the recycle dumpster at transfer station in Arlingron.
The shotgun hulls i put in safeway grocery bags and toss them in the trash can when i get gas.
We also pick up the aluminum cans left behind to add to our home use aluminum cans to take to the recycle yard in marysville by fred myers. My grand son gets the cash from the scrap to save for his gun fund.
Another plus is the brass we pick up that other people leave on the ground.
I just cleaned up about fifty pounds of brass we picled up.over this past summer.
The one pit up there is a split leval pit. They put two shooting signs there, one at each pit. With in acouple of days the slobs shot them all up. I can bet you that pissed off the person up installed these signs. Combine that with all the garbage these slobs leave you wonder why they want to cloce these pits to the public.
Some of these pits they mine to use the gravel to fix the roads up there in the mountains. Last thing they want in it is old shotgun hulls and steel rifle and pistol cases in it.

We do our part every time we go which is every weekend when we have good weather.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next