Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:16 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Seattle City Attorney: no jail for 72x repeat perp 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://komonews.com/news/project-seatt ... y-attorney

This is the same guy who wants you disarmed and walking around with all the criminals he likes to let loose upon society.

Here's the judge arguing with Pete Holmes
Quote:
“As a judge, I have a duty and responsibility to protect the citizens of Seattle and impose a sentence that I think is going to provide protection,” McKenna said in court. “I don't think this court is willing to risk having someone else assaulted.”

“I respectfully disagree,” City Attorney Pete Holmes said after reviewing the case.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And this sentencing wasn't for a drug crime that some might argue should be viewed as a lesser infraction. The perp walked up to a complete stranger on the street and punched him in the mouth.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:31 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

This is a problem all over. There just aren't any consequences for poor decisions anymore - unless you have $$ because then there's something in it for the system. Homeless & drug users always get a pass.

Just wait til they catch someone with no record with a high capacity magazine if they succeed on a ban. They'll suddenly be interested in laying down the law :trainwreck:

Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

“In the name of public safety I question whether it’s really been served here,” Holmes said.

Well Peter, you don't mind if we call you Peter do you, this particular individual will not assault anyone for the next 354 days.

The only thing wrong with the sentence is the guidelines did not allow for a longer term.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Take 'em out back of the courthouse and give him the Mosambic. I'm not generally a disposed of such a nature, but when you run outta options for a habitual repeat offender, maybe it's time to just put him out of everybody's misery. Including his own.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As mentioned above his most recent offense was a violent assault, and 14 of his 72 convictions were violent crimes. do we really want to let someone with 14 violent convictions be walking around free in society? This shows the hypocrisy of the anti-gun liberals who are all so soft on crime. They want to try and Nerf society and remove guns just so that dangerous criminals can walk around freely. But what about truck rentals? What about fertilizer?

What about fists and feet which kill more people per year than all rifle types combined?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:39 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Its actually weirder than that.

This POS gets 364 days

The reason he gets 364 is because if he gets 365 then he falls into another level of offender. One that will label him as a threat to community.

Way to be tough on crime.

Also,

The 364 day sentencing was also to avoid ICE investigation. ICE investigates @ 365.

The swamp in King Co runs deep.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shit like this makes me wonder why we can't re-open McNeil Island.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

danoh wrote:
Shit like this makes me wonder why we can't re-open McNeil Island use the firing squad.

fixd

Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll probably get a ration of shit for this, but everyone in Seattle knows the score - they all continue to vote for guys like Peter. When one of them gets clocked by their own decision making, its karmic justice as far as I'm concerned.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:43 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Anyone have any real Idea on how much it cost the taxpayer for 72 arrests, jail and court time?

I bet its staggering.

Probably build 1000 ft of Wall.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Posterboy for the wrongness of liberalism.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I shot an email to the city attorneys office, basically telling them they weren’t doing their job at all well. Here is what I got back

Thank you for writing in after seeing last night's piece on KOMO tv. If I watched last night's piece without proper context, I'd be frustrated too, because the rationale for recommending our proposed sentence was never really explained there. Specifically, what never made it into the piece is that the defendant has never, in his lengthy criminal history, received mental health treatment. His previous failures to comply with probation related to drug treatment. The arresting officers, our office, defense counsel, and the Court's own probation department felt he should be given the opportunity to engage in mental health treatment. If he didn't comply with that treatment, he would have 10 months of jail hanging over his head (he had already served 50 days in jail by the time he was sentenced - so it's not as though he's receiving zero sanction). He'd have two years of probation department oversight, including drug treatment and urinary analysis tests - again, if he didn't comply, that remaining jail time would loom.

Our goal was to get at the root of his problems to minimize the risk of his reoffending after he's released. Based on this defendant's extensive record, it's pretty clear that simple incarceration isn't fixing his behavior. By contrast, when the Court rejected our jail+treatment recommendation and imposed the maximum jail sentence alone, this defendant will likely be released by summer (with good behavior), still untreated, with no probation oversight.

There's certainly different perspectives for the best way to go about addressing people who habitually reoffend. We sought mental health treatment in this specific circumstance because when he's back out on the streets later this year, whatever underlying issues he has will remain unaddressed. That hardly sounds like the best public safety outcome.

Thanks again for writing in with your perspective, but we continue to believe we made the correct recommendation.

Best regards,

Dan Nolte
Communications Director
Seattle City Attorney's Office
701 Fifth Avenue, Suite 2050
Seattle, WA 98104-7097
Desk: (206) 684-8602 // Cell: (206) 258-0973
Dan.Nolte@seattle.gov

Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

danoh wrote:
Shit like this makes me wonder why we can't re-open McNeil Island.

Or just build a wall around LA and NY, and hire Kirk russel if we ever need someone to go in there for any reason

Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

His underlying problem is not my problem. Him assaulting me is my problem.

After umpteen tries at rehabilitating this guy, perhaps look for a more effective solution. And by "effective" I mean him not assaulting people. At this point I really don't care whether his problem is fixed or not.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next