Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:50 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Bad experience at shooting pits and other outdoor events 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have been here in the Arlington area for twenty years now and have done all kinds of outdoor adventures up in the Cascade Mountains over the last two decades.

Well this past Saturday I took my grandson to go shooting up to the darrington pit, I met a fellow forum member at the store at the Sweede Haven road at 9 am. He followed us in the pit the back way. We set up and was shooting a hour or so and some one pulled into.the upper pit to shoot. Then two guys in a pickup pulled in the lower pit where we were set up. They set up and started to shoot.
If there is some already set up in a pit I would never encroach upon them, but these two guys did.

So any way my shooting partner left around noon. A little while later the guys in the upper pit left so I went up.to.pick.up.the brass they left. When I came back to the lower pit there was a guy in a light colored car backed in between me and the two guys in the pick.up.that came earlier. Right where my shooting partner was backed in.
His back tire was about even to my truck door.
He sat in his car for a while. When he got out he make the hair stick up on the back.of my neck. Kind of a psycho looking.
We had our table and chairs behind my truck the other two guys had a table set up.behind their truck but off to the other side of the truck.

After ten maybe fifteen minutes this guy gets a gun the looked like a H/K out with thirty round magazines and started spraying bullets from our target stand to the others guys targets.
Mind you we were at the table behind our truck shooting and he started shooting between the trucks about where the back wheel is on the truck.
I had my grandson get in the truck and told him to stay down while I put all.of my stuff in the back.of my truck in between this fucking nut cake shooting and reloading his gun.
I tell you this guy was a fucking nut case. Before I got everything loaded he pulled out a SKS with a thirty round magazine and started spraying bullets again.

I left as soon as I had everything loaded. We went to the two pits over on the Saulk Road by the steel deck bridge.both pits had people there so.i took a ride in a way and took a left hand turn to look for a place to shoot. We went a out fifteen miles in and didnt see any good place to set up so we went to darrington for some lunch and took a ride back to the darrington figuring this guy might of left.

When we got there he was still there sitting in his car sucking on a meth pipe. The other two guys were still there shooting.
They have bigger balls then me.

We went back to the 17 road and went about four more miles deeper in the woods and set up there to shoot.

This is the first time ever being out in the woods and felt threatened.

--------------------------------------------'

So let's hear your stories of stuff that has happened to you out in the woods.

Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did you tell any law enforcement people about it?

Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is usually a sheriff deputy at the fire station in darringto, didnt see a car there when we drove through.

Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've heard of gun robberies at pits. Crazy.

I don't mind being alone at SVRC or MRC (before), but no way in hell would I go to a public pit alone.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:08 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Idiots. Lots of them.

Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Idiots. Lots of them.

Nice finger control. icon_eek

Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was at the waddell creek pit one time in 2010 or so and a group of guys showed up. The guy closest to me kept muzzle sweeping me with an AR15. I walked over to him and told him I assumed it wasnt on purpose but if he pointed his rifle at me again I was going to shoot him in self defense. His eyes got huge, he apologised and set the rifle down.
:thumbsup2:

Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is exactly why I bought my 40 acres. It started as a place to camp, shoot and later retire away from the idiots, but I couldn’t take living in Seattle anymore. I got a job offer and moved onto my property early. Too many people have no respect for others.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:47 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Had a couple of guys start shooting at the waddell creek put while I was downrange many years ago. My partner was at the firing line and drew his CCW and started walking across their line of fire and yelling at them. That was some scary shit.

They thought that since they were shooting along the edge they were OK. I was in the middle of the pit where any ricochets would conveniently land. You can't fix stupid.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My #1 rule for shooting at these pits: Always, always, always keep your head on a swivel, and a loaded gun on your hip.

My #2 rule: Leave at the first sign of bad things to come.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
My #1 rule for shooting at these pits: Always, always, always keep your head on a swivel, and a loaded gun on your hip.

Where does bring a swim buddy fit in?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

Where does bring a swim buddy fit in?

That's #3, although more of a suggestion than a rule. :wink05:

Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:45 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

This is why I belong to a range with common sense rules and a range officer. It tends to filter out the idiots and crazies, although not always. Best to stay aware at all times.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:51 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Idiots. Lots of them.

Is this in washington? I was just up at the north fork gravel pit today and those two were picking up brass. They asked if they could have mine so I let them pick it up after my friend and I were done shooting. They seemed pretty odd though and I definitely kept an eye on them.

Last edited by waskiro on Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

waskiro wrote:
Guntrader wrote:
Idiots. Lots of them.

Is this in washington? I was just up at the north fork gravel pit today and those two were picking up brass. They asked if they could have mine so I let them pick it up after my friend and I were done shooting. They seemed pretty odd though and I definitely kept an eye on them.

It looks like the top of the hill under the powerlines at Reiter. By Index.

Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next