Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 158  Next
 Good News - Bad News Thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
Good: Great flight home, and t-shirt weather.
Bad: Get home, and my key doesn't work, managers key didn't work either. Maintenance guys key works fine, wtf? Litter box was overflowing. Cat messed up the blinds, and one ran out while bringing my bags in. In the process of catching the little furball I may have lost a little blood. Everything started out so well, and then it went to crap in 5 mins.
Good: Found a way around the checked bag fee.

Attachment:
Types of Cat.jpg

Already looking forward to seeing you next year Chuck! :wagwoot:

So you have met one of my cats?
:wink05:
Oh I will be there, and Dan better have a new t-shirt for me! :Admin:
Oh, let's not forget Mashman. :045:

Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cats?

I say "Pull" and you open the Cat Carrier door and hit the Air Horn......I'm just kidding cat lovers, don't get your Panties in a bunch. :wink05:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice meeting u Chuck

Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good news: My wife went back to work last Wednesday...not quite full time, but almost. She makes good money and gets paid weekly, so even after paying for childcare 3 days a week (we're getting a great deal on that now, too, BTW), I'm already noticing the positive impact on our bank account. Between her working again and my raise last year, this year should be a real game-changer for us, financially.

Bad news: She already wants to know when she can quit working. I told her to give it time - she's only been back a week, and the stress of getting back into the swing of things will subside. She feels bad leaving the kids on the days that she's working, and she feels overwhelmed (the person who covered for her during maternity leave didn't do a great job, so she came back to a mess).

Good news: I think I talked her off the ledge.

Bad news: She's still one step from the ledge. So that suppressed PS90 SBR I have my sights on is not as close as I thought it was going to be.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Good news: My wife went back to work last Wednesday...not quite full time, but almost. She makes good money and gets paid weekly, so even after paying for childcare 3 days a week (we're getting a great deal on that now, too, BTW), I'm already noticing the positive impact on our bank account. Between her working again and my raise last year, this year should be a real game-changer for us, financially.

Bad news: She already wants to know when she can quit working. I told her to give it time - she's only been back a week, and the stress of getting back into the swing of things will subside. She feels bad leaving the kids on the days that she's working, and she feels overwhelmed (the person who covered for her during maternity leave didn't do a great job, so she came back to a mess).

Bad news: She's still one step from the ledge. So that suppressed PS90 SBR I have my sights on is not as close as I thought it was going to be.

19 years ago, my wife and I made the decision to let her stop working to raise our only son. We were very lucky to conceive.
Good news: We raised a wonderful person who we are very very proud of.
Bad news: We had to give up a little income to do so.
Result: We found the decision was sound and it paid dividends far beyond any monetary gains. We would make the same decision again, should the opportunity present itself.

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cdoniguian wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

19 years ago, my wife and I made the decision to let her stop working to raise our only son. We were very lucky to conceive.
Result: We found the decision was sound and it paid dividends far beyond any monetary gains. We would make the same decision again, should the opportunity present itself.

+1 and even toward the end of HS and in particular college for said offspring, my wife was itching to get back in her career field. Win win.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cdoniguian wrote:

We were on that path too after our 2nd child was born in '98, wife was down to working part time. Then we met this woman who had extremely reasonable rates for child care and lived just 10 miles from us. So she came to our home and was here when we were working.

Wife decided she wanted to be an RN manager so she went back to college for her 4 year (paid by the state) and went onto getting her Masters at UW. She's now a director and will retire at age 54 in April.

Last edited by sportsdad60 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good news: My oldest son (22) passed his Boeing HVAC test and interviews with Boeing next week!
Bad news: He might get a job at Boeing.... icon_eek

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Close up of my license plate and another from the car it was on.
Different year, different color.\

But, they're manually reviewed for accuracy, by an officer..... Not just rubber stamped and sent out to generate revenue....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
AR15L wrote:

But, they're manually reviewed for accuracy, by an officer..... Not just rubber stamped and sent out to generate revenue....

:ROFLMAO:

Got the news this evening that it's been dismissed by the judge. :wagwoot:

Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
AR15L wrote:

:ROFLMAO:

Got the news this evening that it's been dismissed by the judge. :wagwoot:

:thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:15 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Pablo wrote:
cdoniguian wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

+1 and even toward the end of HS and in particular college for said offspring, my wife was itching to get back in her career field. Win win.

+1.
Only you and her can decide your path, but I can say with surety that I'm glad that we're homeschooling, and tough to do that with both parents earning a salary/wage. Life is short.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I ordered some Dewalt recib saw blades from Amazon.

Good News: They sent me 2X order.

Bad News: I feel a little guilty. Ok done. :bigsmile:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
I ordered some Dewalt recib saw blades from Amazon.

Good News: They sent me 2X order.

Bad News: I feel a little guilty. Ok done. :bigsmile:

I'll take the extras from you so you won't feel so bad.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 158  Next