Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 HELP ME SAVE XMAS! A Place To Shoot Near Greenwater Closure! 

Hi everyone, first let me introduce myself. Im Phil, I live in Seattle, and I am not a actual gun enthusiast, as dont own a gun myself, but have no problems with them, just problems with stupid people with guns lol.. Personally I think that how they are stripping people of their gun rights and firearms is complete BS!

On the otherhand i have a son who is turning 18 this March and is really into it and I am getting him set up for his hunting safty course and hoping to get him his own rifle for his bday so he can go hunting with the rest of my family whom are all gun owners and hunters and enjoy the sport of shooting and hunting. I am just the odd apple and thats probably because I grew up in the city seperated fromt he rest of the heard lol.

Anyhow I really need some help ASAP or xmas is gonna be ruined! My family used to all get together for xmas at my grandmothers every year, about 5 years ago she passed away. We went two years without our family getting together. I finally spoke up and came up with a idea where we could get together as my kids rarely get together witht he rest of the family since we live way up in north seattle and dont travel south much.

So because my son was into shooting but had not ever really been out with our family doing so I came up with the Shotgun Xmas Christmas gather. Every year for the past three years we go to my sisters in bonney lake, we then head out at about 11 am up to GREENWATER Gravel Pit and do some shooting and bust out the grill and have dogs and burgers for lunch and then about 2:30 3 oclock we get garbage bags and clean up after ourselves and try to collect as much trash as we can before heading back to my sisters for a big dinner, drinks and a night of family BSn...

Well today I found out Greenwater is closed!!!! I jsut did a bunch of reading and it freaking sucks and is kin of BS!! So I really need some help here, I know the shooting community is tight nit and people dont like to share locations, I completely understand this. But I promise you, my family is safe, environmentally conscious and not a bunch of yahoos who will be out there being irresponsible or acting like bubblegums.

So if anyone can help me find a place that is safe, and within about a hour of bonney lake that we can get to and carry on this new family tradition that would be really really appreciated. WE liked greenwater because it was not a super long drive and we could get the truck in there nice and easily and set up camp and have a good time, it really does suck they shut it down.

Anyhoe sorry for writing a book, and thank you to anyone in advance that can help me out, I am the guy who plans this ordeal and I have not broke the news to my family about greenwater, id be surprised if some of them dont already know but I need to come up with something quick to make sure thngs go smooth. I will be monitoring this site the rest of the day in hopes to get some help. THANKS!!!!

Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:22 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Scroll up and click on MAPS Shooting Areas.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Clearcut at Greenwater is closed....why would the pit be closed? :popcorn:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:56 pm

dreadi wrote:
Scroll up and click on MAPS Shooting Areas.

Doh' Thanks, it kind of bends into the page so I didnt even see that!

Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:19 pm

Don't think the greenwater pit is closed. The clear cut that's a couple miles down the road is closed.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This time of year it’s a snopark not sure when exactly

Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]