Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:08 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Routine DUI stop results in shootout - madness 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
All those bleeding heart, anti-cop libs, who raise a stink over how a video caught officers fighting with a subject, and administered a few blows with fists during the process, should be locked in a room and forced to watch this video for several hours on end.

It may start as a simple DUI stop but there are some bat-shit crazy people out there that you never know what will set them off. How many times was he lit up with the taser? Yet he still could break free and go retrieve his firearm.

This happened back in 2017 and I'm sure details of this incident made their way through the nation's PD's. Might account for some of the incidents we've seen officers involved in since then where subjects are treated less than kind when they don't follow lawful orders. Might even be the reason a few got shot.

It is a logical fallacy to argue who screwed the pooch first. Screwing the pooch is wrong.

This is your argument above. *Because one party screws up, it's ok for the other party to screw up.*

It is not right, for either party to screw up. Regardless of who did so, first. Or how badly.

And I am no bleeding heart anti-cop lib.

Also, by your logic, every cop should be locked in a room for hours on end, watching citizens being brutalized, and/or killed, and their family members mourning them. Neither scenario is going to be anything more than cruelty against the viewer, until both sides start to get a clue and use some common sense, and common courtesy.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DS2 was pointing out that videos get posted without preface, so some people assume there was nothing to provoke the officer's reactions

The running trend in these types of threads: Who did what wrong, who is to blame. Then people huddle in their respective camps

We could look at things like this in a academic sort of way and learn from them or keep throwing stones

So much happens outside of our purview

Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
DS2 was pointing out that videos get posted without preface, so some people assume there was nothing to provoke the officer's reactions

The running trend in these types of threads: Who did what wrong, who is to blame. Then people huddle in their respective camps

We could look at things like this in a academic sort of way and learn from them or keep throwing stones

:thumbsup2:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

n

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

He lost me when he condoned the actions based on "what if".......

I'm not throwing stones. I'm discussing judgement.

You're condemning actions based on "what if"

See how that works?

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

g

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:28 pm

Quote:
We don't know. We must assume the worst....

No, sir. I work with reality--indeed, preparing for the POTENTIAL reality.

Here is one potential reality...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSu1GKRklEw

Here is another...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6HvvPC2hL0

And yet another potential reality...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IK7YADL_Fk

And the worst possible reality...this one is hard to watch folks. I warn you now, it's not for the faint of heart...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsrC5QV_Yrc

Each and every one of these (well, with the exception of the first one) is possible on ANY stop, ANY contact...

...the problem is, we don't know until it happens.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"what if" refers to the unknown, a hypothetical

If you're OK passing judgement based on that then I don't think we can really have an open discussion about what happened

I'm not talking down to you, I'm pointing out the flaws in your logic

You beat up DS2 for something he actually wasn't doing and then did the exact same thing that you denounced

I read his post at face value, He wasn't condoning the actions based on "what if", there were actual events that took place, it's in the video.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:09 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Powderman wrote:

Who watched that one? And who said, "OMG just taze his ass already" or "Holy crap why are they wasting so much time with this dude?"

Flashing back to our conversation about the guy on the tractor at Walmart, and the suggestions that cops just need to take more time to discuss and negotiation with people who are non-compliant, this video illustrates them doing exactly that . . . and not only do they waste a lot of time, they spend WAY more time than necessary exposed next to high-speed traffic, and dealing with a guy who could have been very dangerous if he chose to resist.

I get it, they were trying to treat a fellow cop gently, but they spent way, WAY too much time talking to that dude.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Powderman wrote:

Who watched that one? And who said, "OMG just taze his ass already" or "Holy crap why are they wasting so much time with this dude?"

Flashing back to our conversation about the guy on the tractor at Walmart, and the suggestions that cops just need to take more time to discuss and negotiation with people who are non-compliant, this video illustrates them doing exactly that . . . and not only do they waste a lot of time, they spend WAY more time than necessary exposed next to high-speed traffic, and dealing with a guy who could have been very dangerous if he chose to resist.

I get it, they were trying to treat a fellow cop gently, but they spent way, WAY too much time talking to that dude.

Agreed. This is the opposite end of the spectrum though. Considering it’s another officer, I just don’t think it’s a good example.

Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2