Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:29 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 ("eastside" May 6th) Sultan Basin RD Shooting and Cleanup 

Depending on the amount of vehicles, it may difficult to park if we all leave the sultan park and ride at the same time. Please bring a map or save the route on your smartphone to the location in case we need to leave in a staggered fashion. Also the name tags are probably a good idea to make it easier to ask someone for help. I believe I get service with Verizon at the spot, so I will check the thread regularly in case there is stragglers.

I'm sure it goes without saying, but alcohol or recreational horticulture will not be welcome at this group shoot. Please don't forget eye protection, ear protection and your toys to show off to the group! :thumbsup2: :bigsmile:

Things I and my non WA-gunners are bringing

Two flats of water
Magnetic sweeper
rakes and shovels
leaf blower
tarps

Sat May 05, 2018 8:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am going to bring my bug out medical kit....pretty much everything that would be needed.

Table.
Folding Chair...I only have 1-sorry
Tarp
Couple pair of gloves...will try and get more.
Does anyone have any trash cans to bring...easier to use the bags with.
I could only scrounge up 5 contractor bags, I will see if I can get more.
Going to try and pick up a leaf rack, for shotgun shells.

I picked up a discover pass yesterday.
I will have 2 open spots (back seat) in the Bronco Bronco...if it doesn't filled up with stuff.

-dimwit-

I hope to meet a few morning people, that would like to do weekend shoot out there.
I am getting tired of shooting paper, by myself-haha

Sun May 06, 2018 4:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll be in a maroon F-250 with room for a couple people. I got a Discover pass yesterday. I'll have a wheelbarrow, rakes and shovels, I'll also throw in a tarp.

I'm planning on stopping at the Sultan Bakery for breakfast if anyone is interested around 9am-ish.

Sun May 06, 2018 4:57 am
Profile WWW

Looking forward to meeting all of you! I'd take you up on the bakery offer but I have to herd my own cats this morning.

Sun May 06, 2018 7:34 am

I'll be a little late. Probably there around 10:30. Had to go buy ammo lol!

Sun May 06, 2018 8:39 am

We are headed to the spot. Message me if you need the coordinates

Sun May 06, 2018 9:19 am

Just got back from the clean up, it was a huge success and a pleasure working with such a GREAT bunch of people!! :wagwoot: Everybody involved put forth a tremendous amount of effort in getting this place cleaned up. :thumbsup2: A HUGE and SINCERE THANK YOU :bow: to all who attended!! Here are some after pics to go along with Matt's before pics posted in the "Other Events" section of the forum.

Attachment:
pic_1_after_s1.jpg

Attachment:
pic_2_after_s1.jpg

Attachment:
pic_3_after1_s1.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 06, 2018 2:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yahooee! Nice job folks!

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun May 06, 2018 3:01 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well done guys! Looks like it was great weather too!

Sun May 06, 2018 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Awesome! Great job to all who helped out. :bow:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun May 06, 2018 3:21 pm

Everyone was so awesome and made this event so much fun! I'm not home yet but I will post the pics I took tonight.

Sun May 06, 2018 4:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's a bunch of photos I took. The day started off a bit rainy, but that passed pretty quickly. There were actually a fair number of people who basically just showed up at the wrong time to go shooting at the pit, but they decided to stay and help, and I'm hoping we get a bunch of newly signed up members out of it. The clean up took about three hours, but there were lots of hands to make the work go quickly. We could have easily used 2-3 more wheelbarrows to move all the bags of trash, but the young bucks got them moved out to the main road where the county will pick them up during the week.

Congratulations to Matt for putting this together, this kind of stewardship of our shooting spots is what's necessary to keep them open. He brought together a very diverse group of folks, recruited others on the fly, and shepherded folks who showed up later on into doing the right thing. It was a very inclusive affair, at least from my point of view and I'm glad (if tired), that I was able to take part.

We really need to put a "cleaned by WaGuns" sign, although to be fair easily more than half the people there were not from WaGuns (hopefully they sign up).

This guy worked his ass off moving trash from the site to the road, but he had several others as company to keep the bags moving in the right direction.

Out at about the 130 yard mark or so, these guys did a really nice job getting lots of trash out of the bushes as well as the clean ground.

Here's the view looking back toward the road, there were still plenty of bags to be moved.

Notice the drone. Hopefully we'll get the video as the drone pilot was one of the guys we Shanghaied into helping.

Looking pretty clean, huh?

This is the shotgun-only area that's to the left of the main pit.

This is the pile we packed out (or I should say, mostly the young bucks packed out). That's Matt on the right with the gloves, and his dad, Greg in the foreground. You raised a good kid Greg, well done.

The DNR guy taking down names and handing out receipts for hours worked. His first sign up sheet got completely smeared in the rain even though he tried to keep it under a plastic bag.

The Belle of the Ball I think, my custom Mosin Nagant was a big hit. Most everyone took a round at shooting it, and gong at the 130yard mark took a beating (thanks Shanghaied group for bring all the nice targets!).

She didn't want to shoot it at first because she was afraid of the recoil, but I convinced her to try one shot. Then she asked to shoot more...

The Uzi was nearly as popular as the Mosin, maybe more so.

After shooting the Mosin, he was fairly convinced that there might be one in his future, and he's never owned a firearm...yet.

Sun May 06, 2018 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WOW, You guys did a GREAT JOB!!!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun May 06, 2018 5:49 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Thank you all.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Sun May 06, 2018 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That was a fun day. It's too bad we have to do that at all, but it was nice to meet some of you.

I'm now 100% convinced the 12 gauge is the weapon of choice for lazy slobs who won't pick up after themselves. That or anything that shoots 7.62x39.

Sun May 06, 2018 6:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next