Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:26 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Darrington Honey whole access 

I tried to access the Darrington hole yesterday but the road leading to it says "Private road no access". Is there any other way to access it?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:30 am

This is unfortunate :crybaby: . The parcels (32090900100200 & 32091000200200) on either side of the gravel road leading to the pit on its Southern access point (530) have been sold or leased to what appears to be a Port Angeles based timber company, R D MERRILL COMPANY, 809 E 8TH STREET, PORT ANGELES, WA 98362, as of 05/08/2017 :angryfire: . This was by far the easiest way to get to the pit, I have accessed it from the North off of NF-18, but that is definitely the long way to go to get there.

This is happening all to often, loosing access to a beautiful, safe shooting pit residing on DNR or Federal land, because a timber company leases or buys the land that the access road is on. To me, a road is a road and should remain open to all traffic. If they want to mark their land as no shooting, that's all fine and good, it's their right they own it, but leave the road open for passage to the gravel pit that is on land they don't own.

Attachment:
Darrington.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:46 am

byrdman, thank for that. Looking at the road you enter from, I couldn't figure out the best way to get to that point. Hidden in the trees, apparently. I usually head into town through 530

Sun May 13, 2018 4:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]