Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:50 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Long Range Locations? 

Hello all,
New to WaGuns.org
New to Precision Shooting

I recently picked up a new Ruger Precision in 6.5 Creedmoor and am looking for a place to set up some steel between 500yds and 1500yds.
I'm in Seattle so I understand i'm going to have to drive a bit but day trip distance would be nice.

Can any of you recommend a location?

Thanks! :snipersmilie:
Scott

Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benton city
https://www.tcsa.info/faq

Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 pm

Thanks I'll check it out!

Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's a decent spot on State land over in Selah (just north of Yakima) that would be a bit closer than Benton City. You'd have to set up all your own targets, and during the dry season it has restrictions on the time of day that target shooting is permitted.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Olympia173 wrote:
There's a decent spot on State land over in Selah (just north of Yakima) that would be a bit closer than Benton City. You'd have to set up all your own targets, and during the dry season it has restrictions on the time of day that target shooting is permitted.

With a range like benton city, you get fewer yahoos, and many like-minded, experienced shooters you can learn from.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eatonville (upper Nisqually sportsmans club) has a 550 yd range, but you have to be a member.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Paul Bunyan has a 600 yard range they open up from time to time. Membership is $100 annually, and it's a lot closer than driving all day....

Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Govmint owned Coulee's in Eastern Washington. The one I sometimes shoot at, has over 1500 yards.

But bring your own Range Master.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

danoh wrote:
Govmint owned Coulee's in Eastern Washington. The one I sometimes shoot at, has over 1500 yards.

But bring your own Range Master.
That's what i'm taking about. Wouldn't mind sending a few rounds down that range.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:00 pm

Duke EB wrote:
Eatonville (upper Nisqually sportsmans club) has a 550 yd range, but you have to be a member.

This is true.. OP, shoot me an e-mail or PM if you end up going to UNSC. I live real close and I'm a member as well. I'd be happy to take you out for the day.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you don't mind a dusty drive loaded with pot holes and a few ruts, about 15-20 miles past where the pavement ends on FS70 at Greenwater.
Take your pick of places with good back stops and dead end clearing roads to shoot to hearts content, anywhere from 50+1500 yards. There's one spot that I've ranged as far as my finder will go, plus a couple hundred more, but no intention of shooting that far. 800-1000 is good enough practice for me with my eyes and scope limitations.
Clean up yet shit, and any steel plate targets you happen to find somewhat hidden, leave there! Seriously, there may be more than a few people that stash them so not listening to them making noise bouncing around the back of the truck on the drive there, just leave them be!

Years ago, nobody really shot up there as it takes effort to get there. Past couple of years, I'm seeing more people shoot up there, but they are keeping it clean an trying to not leave any evidence, let alone blatantly giving out exact locations of the good spots.
Drive up there, once you crest the Cascades and on downward side, you'll start seeing spots to pick, pick yours. Keep it clean!
I actually like playing up there. Bring all the guns, good load of firewood, table, cigars and a lunch makes for a relaxing full day.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]