Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 New dealer in town soon 
FFL / Dealer

We should be open in the next week or so, just waiting on the state now. We will doing transfers, special orders, consignments and stocking a few new Firearms in the beginning. We will be open pretty much all the time, if I'm home or have service I'll be open...haha. Our prices will be on par with the market and I'll do the best to get what you need.

I'll update when we officially open the doors, sooner the better :thumbsup2:

Fesselmen Firearms
19810 OLD HWY 99SW
Suite 6
Rochester, WA 98579
(360)858-7140
http://www.fesselmenfirearms.com

Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:12 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

:wagwoot:

Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Congratulations and good luck on your new business opening!

Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:03 am
Profile WWW
FFL / Dealer

Thank you :bigsmile:

Fesselmen Firearms
19810 OLD HWY 99SW
Suite 6
Rochester, WA 98579
(360)858-7140

Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats and good luck. My advice - if you want a lot of walk in customers and easy money that's just paperwork and no inventory, do $10 or $15 transfers and you'll be busy all day. Heck, do free transfers and you'll be flooded with customers. It's simple paperwork, and will get you non-stop traffic. That's FAR less expensive than any advertising in my book. I don't know why gun shops don't understand this simple marketing concept. You're already paying the overhead of an employee to stand around. Put him to work doing paperwork, and do free transfers. The cost is near zero and it would be better than spending $1000 per month on ads.

That right there is free marketing advice from a newly minted MBA graduate with honors! thumbsup

I refuse to even go into price gouging FFLs that charge more than $30. $25 is my absolute limit and I'll shop around for someone less expensive.

A local shop here just got an FFL and they do $15 transfers and stay quite busy, and they move other inventory while 2 people poke around in the store.

Have some high margin low cost stuff on display and you'll move it. Have plenty of mags and ammo in stock and have the sales person upsell them - "I see you're getting an 870. We have these accessories for it on sale... Magpul hardware, magazine tube extension, side saddle..." or "That's a nice Glock 17, we have nite sites, magazines, etc." Cleaning supplies, etc.

Also, have a professional looking website with your phone and address on every page. I don't know why this is so hard for folks to understand. I don't want to have to hunt for your address and phone number!

You can build on on wix.com easily and hosting it is about $150 a year.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:49 pm
FFL / Dealer

Thank you for the suggestions, I appreciate it.

Fesselmen Firearms
19810 OLD HWY 99SW
Suite 6
Rochester, WA 98579
(360)858-7140

Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Congrats and good luck. My advice - if you want a lot of walk in customers and easy money that's just paperwork and no inventory, do $10 or $15 transfers and you'll be busy all day. Heck, do free transfers and you'll be flooded with customers. It's simple paperwork, and will get you non-stop traffic. That's FAR less expensive than any advertising in my book. I don't know why gun shops don't understand this simple marketing concept. You're already paying the overhead of an employee to stand around. Put him to work doing paperwork, and do free transfers. The cost is near zero and it would be better than spending $1000 per month on ads.

That right there is free marketing advice from a newly minted MBA graduate with honors! thumbsup

I refuse to even go into price gouging FFLs that charge more than $30. $25 is my absolute limit and I'll shop around for someone less expensive.

A local shop here just got an FFL and they do $15 transfers and stay quite busy, and they move other inventory while 2 people poke around in the store.

Have some high margin low cost stuff on display and you'll move it. Have plenty of mags and ammo in stock and have the sales person upsell them - "I see you're getting an 870. We have these accessories for it on sale... Magpul hardware, magazine tube extension, side saddle..." or "That's a nice Glock 17, we have nite sites, magazines, etc." Cleaning supplies, etc.

Also, have a professional looking website with your phone and address on every page. I don't know why this is so hard for folks to understand. I don't want to have to hunt for your address and phone number!

You can build on on wix.com easily and hosting it is about $150 a year.

Good advice. I rarely go into any business that sells firearms and supplies that I don't make a large contribution from my wallet before leaving. Go into a Cabela's some day and see what people who are waiting for their snail paced approval process to be completed are doing. Free transfers will make a smart dealer more money than they'd ever see from collecting fees.

Another pet peeve---- the "No Checks" signs. Merchants claim that since they have that policy they never get "Bad Checks". Wake up! They never get "Good Checks" either. Install a check verification system and bank the bucks.

As for not taking Credit Cards without charging more, people need to take into consideration how many junk fees are charged to the merchant. Where do you think all those "free airline miles" or "cash back awards" come from. The 3% surcharge many charge barely covers the cost of processing the card in most cases.

Just my added $0.02

Congrat's Leadcounsel on your MBA. I paid for one of those once. Hope my ex-wife got some use out of it. :blackcloud1:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]