Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 06.20.15 Triangle Pit Clean-n-Shoot Thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
I pulled out right at 3:00.

man sometimes its worth it to quote someone

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm so glad I was able to make it down today, although I wish I could've gotten more cleaning done. But it was awesome...my first time going to an event like that. I didn't even know if I would shoot. From what I hear everyone did a fantastic job cleaning up. Special thanks to Steve, Chris, Dan, and Rick for the smiling faces and lots of instruction for this newbie, and nice meeting some other of you guys. And also for the Hornady hat! Now I just need to get some of their Critical Defense, lol. I had a blast!!!! Literally! Especially with the SKS. :mulletslayer:

Here's some pics I took right as the shooting began, plus poser pics with one of Steve's gun (please tell me what it was again?) I did shoot it...the laser sight was cool...like I was in a video game:

And my new Hornady hat (thanks Chris):

Deadpool: I need guns.

Weasel: Okay, which ones?

Deadpool: I need all the guns!

Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We should have a bunch of new wagunners. I got there a bout three, and the one person I talked to (Dave?) was impressed. The right message was sent by our group! Great job guys!

Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I do have a question, though...isn't shooting someone else's gun out there illegal due to that crap 594? I was about to post pics of me with the SKS on FB and went, um......whoa...............stupid f-ing I don't need to tell you guys pile of horse dung....

??

Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

samuraikitty7 wrote:
I do have a question, though...isn't shooting someone else's gun out there illegal due to that crap 594? I was about to post pics of me with the SKS on FB and went, um......whoa...............stupid f-ing I don't need to tell you guys pile of horse dung....

??

Thurston county, Sheriff Snaza doesn't care as long as you know the person isn't "prohibited".

Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:47 pm

Nick and Berry from WA DNR, thank you for allowing WAguns.org access to the pit for cleanup. Steve, Chris, Dan, and Rick from WAguns.org: thanks for setting this event up. I have been enjoying shooting at the pit since 2005, and I am glad to pitch in to keep it open for responsible shooters.

I wish I would have taken before and after pictures. The only thing down range was the impossible plethora of shotgun shell wads; there are more wads than rocks down there!

If your reading this thread and thinking of using the triangle pit, please take note of the hard work put in by about 50 people today. Don't throw your trash into the wood line, or shoot plastic/glass/appliances and leave it. These actions force the WA Department of Natural Resources to potentially close sites of to recreational shooting. Other locations in the Capitol State Forest have been closed to shooting because of irresponsible behaviors. You need a Discovery Pass to utilize Capital State Forest (available for purchase online). Leave your brass if you want....plenty of Waguns.org members will be happy to take it home, but pick up after yourself otherwise.

Great job to everyone that helped today, it was nice meeting all of you.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

samuraikitty7 wrote:

??

I thought they exempted the temporary transfer for shooting while at a range.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mike in Wa wrote:
samuraikitty7 wrote:

??

They do, but is that considered a "legal" range?

Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

samuraikitty7 wrote:
Mike in Wa wrote:
samuraikitty7 wrote:

??

The authority for that location says we can shoot there.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That has been one of the questions all along. What is a legal, certified range? There is no certification process for gun ranges is there?

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:43 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cat, that gun is an AR-15 pistol in 300 Blackout, with a Specwar 762 suppressor.

The sight is an Eotech red dot; it's not a laser sight. A laser sight will actually project a dot on the target, just like in the movies.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Cat, that gun is an AR-15 pistol in 300 Blackout, with a Specwar 762 suppressor.

The sight is an Eotech red dot; it's not a laser sight. A laser sight will actually project a dot on the target, just like in the movies.

Thanks, Steve. I had a feeling I was using incorrect nomenclature there!

Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:53 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mike in Wa wrote:
samuraikitty7 wrote:
Mike in Wa wrote:
samuraikitty7 wrote:

??

The authority for that location says we can shoot there.

Yes but, shooting someone else's weapon...that is the rub. A gray area perhaps? I would love to share my shooting that SKS with friends for sure, plus the AR.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:57 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cat, there's no clear answer about what type of sharing is permitted. That's the whole drama about 594 and what the definition of a "transfer" is. You will not get a definitive answer to your question until a court rules on it.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Cat, there's no clear answer about what type of sharing is permitted. That's the whole drama about 594 and what the definition of a "transfer" is. You will not get a definitive answer to your question until a court rules on it.

Ok, so let my 'Merkin flag fly and takes my chances? If so, I don't know ANY of you people! ;-) And I hope you don't know me....

Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next