Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Any difference in transfer of complete handgun or frame only 

Is there any difference in the background check/waiting period between a private party sale of a complete handgun and the sale of just a handgun frame? I heard a guy tell a story of being told to remove the slide before entering the FFL and the transfer of the frame alone went really fast. Wouldn’t they be the same? Maybe the guy was full of crap or the FFL had a strange understanding of the law.

Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Frames and receivers go through NICS. Pistols go through the state background check system, which takes much longer.

Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't know the issues of legality, but the last sale I did recently of a 1911 we did exactly that, complete frame only transfer at the FFL & the buyer only had to wait for the NICs check and took the frame with him that day.
FFL transferred the frame as an "Multi", since a 1911 frame could be multi-caliber...

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:26 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

See the details of the background check process for different types here:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=111370.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isildur wrote:
Don't know the issues of legality, but the last sale I did recently of a 1911 we did exactly that, complete frame only transfer at the FFL & the buyer only had to wait for the NICs check and took the frame with him that day.
FFL transferred the frame as an "Multi", since a 1911 frame could be multi-caliber...

That is 100% incorrect sir... 1911's should ONLY be 45ACP anything else is a crime against John Browning and America.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:
That is 100% incorrect sir... 1911's should ONLY be 45ACP anything else is a crime against John Browning and America.

OK, fine. How's your Model T commuter car running, since anything else is a crime against Henry Ford and America? :rofl9:

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:
Isildur wrote:

10mm would like to have a word with you.

Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:

What about .357 magnum, like koonan did?

Isildur wrote:

OK, fine. How's your Model T commuter car running, since anything else is a crime against Henry Ford and America? :rofl9:

I'm actually really tempted to put my model a back on the road as my daily driver....

Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isildur wrote:
mash man wrote:

nothing about any ford ever has been anywhere close to being perfect. but good try lol

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

scrid2000 wrote:
mash man wrote:
Isildur wrote:

10MM can stick with the Sig 220 platform and do just fine.

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:
Isildur wrote:
mash man wrote:

nothing about any ford ever has been anywhere close to being perfect. but good try lol

Its times like this is the reason I come here! :thumbsup2:

Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:48 pm

scrid2000 wrote:
mash man wrote:
Isildur wrote:

*.45 Super and .450 SMC tap everyone on shoulder*

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:trainwreck:

Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So I spoke with a FFL today and they told me that I can't transfer a frame only if I bought the gun as whole pistol. They told me that if I sold it as a frame only after buying new as a pistol they have a record of that sale in Olympia and if the buyer ever gets checked and they find that frame with a slide on it they would come after me? Any truth to this seems so stupid but I don't pretend to know the laws and my understanding was Washington did not or could not keep a record of what guns I bought?

Wed May 10, 2023 9:52 am

Hunter757 wrote:
So I spoke with a FFL today and they told me that I can't transfer a frame only if I bought the gun as whole pistol. They told me that if I sold it as a frame only after buying new as a pistol they have a record of that sale in Olympia and if the buyer ever gets checked and they find that frame with a slide on it they would come after me? Any truth to this seems so stupid but I don't pretend to know the laws and my understanding was Washington did not or could not keep a record of what guns I bought?

WA's had backdoor registration of handguns for decades. This is why after private sales were banned I switched to only buying frames...

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Wed May 10, 2023 10:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next