Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:51 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 New York Deer Hunting 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got another nice older doe this morning a little after 8am.
We will be going here in a couple of hours.

Here is the larger doe with the hide on compared to the doe I got the other day that was a year & a half old.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We are doing good this hunting season.
We are up to ten deer tagged.
Here are the last two we harvested.
Plus we trapped a forty-five pound beaver raising havic on the pond at the Greene New York Rod and Gun Club .
I always have a member this gun club. Only $40 a year.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by DoveRelease on Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:03 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

45 pounds?? Holy crap!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Today was the last day for deer hunting. I could of shot a doe but let it slide for seed stock for next year. We had three deer hanging on the meat pole that needed to be cut up and I leave on Wednesday. This afternoon we cut on the deer. All we have left to do are the six hind quarters. We will work on them tomorrow after.
We will be taking the deer hides, the beaver hide, the skunk hide and a raccoon hide to Sivco tannery get them tanned.

It's beer thirty now. I'll be picking up a pepperoni sheet pizza, a dozen hot wings and a case of budwieser to take over to my son's house.
This year was fun having my friend from Anacortes and his other half out here for deer hunting.
They both harvested their own deer. Ed got two, Mel got one. My brother got two and I got five.
We could of got a whole lot more but let a lot of them walk.
There are deer every where out here.
If you know how and where to hunt you will get a deer out here.

Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well I got a start for next deer season. I've been checking out airline ticket for next deer season. They have been running from $550 to $999.
I bought a round trip airline ticket from Seattle to Syracuse New York for $258.
My friend Ed has to check with his work and see if he can get a week off to go deer hunting this fall.

Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This coming deer hunting in New York is shaping up pretty good.
Hunting licenses went in sale August 1st.
My brother picked up his buck tag, a archery tag (either sex)
A muzzle loader tag ( either sex)
And two do tags.
Ed picked up his airline ticket and got a buck tag and two doe tags.
My cousin from Southern Pennsylvania will be hunting with up up in New York this year, he got a buck tag and two doe tags.
I got a buck tag and got denied on my two doe tags in a hard to aquire management areas so I'm guaranteed doe Tage next year on the first draw.
November 1st we will all get two more doe tags apiece on the second round of doe tags.

So we will end up with twenty deer tags total and if Mel can manage to get back there to hunt she will probably get five deer tags.

Ed got his round trip airline ticket for $298.
Not a bad price.

Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I do wish I was able to do a hunt like that, I miss the days afield of yesteryears.
Dang, years ago we used to fly to Florida for$199 each, $258 is a heck of a deal to upstate NY.
Y’all have fun ya hear. :bigsmile:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's getting close to head back to Upstate New York, next Wednesdays.
I will get in later on the 15th. We will probably go sight the rifles in on Thursday. Ŵe have a new place to hunt on , close to 100 acres. It hasn't been hunted on for a long time.
Deer season opens on Saturday the 28th.
My friend from Anacortes will be flying in late on Thanksgiving day. He will be hunting with us for ten days.
His other half can not make it this year.
My younger cousin from Southern Pennsylvania will be coming up to hunt with us as week.
He is negotiating time extra time off of work to get more hunting in.
Between the four of us we have twenty deer tags.
My son had a nice buck on one of his trail cams right behind his house in New York. They bought another house in South Florida on 15 acres. You can see one of his tree stands behind the buck. He will be back in New York this Saturday for a week of bow hunting then a week of gun hunting.

Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was thinking about you the other day, wondering when you were going to take your pilgrimage back to the deer killing fields of New York.
Good luck to all of you. :thumbsup2:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:

Good luck to all of you. :thumbsup2:

:plusone: :thumbsup2:

Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It would be nice t o find some one that could use some deer eat. Last year we had twenty- eight deer tags and only used ten of them.
Ed brought back a hundred pounds,I brought back fifty pounds, my brother topped of his freezer, we gave a friend in New York City a whole deer quartered up, we gave some family and friendsa bunch. I called the butcher shop that does deer processing up to see if they needed any deer for the food program and they said they were totally full with deer they were cutting up for people so we quit hunting with eighteen tags left over.

Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you're ever looking for a freezer to donate some meat to....... My family would love some venison!
We raise rabbits, large breeds over 10 lbs. Kids do 4H and we put plenty in the freezer. Would be glad to do some trading if you're interested.
Good luck this season!

Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chris
I will contact you when I get back. I leave this coming Wednesday November 15th and return on December 15th.
You never know what you will get, but we generally do really good on harvesting deer. I would be interested in buying a couple of bred does this coming spring..
I had a few new Zealand does and a Rex buck.
I love rabbit with shake n back for chicken.
What cuts of venison do you like? I just had a couple of venison hamburgers last hight for diner.
We cut up all of the deer ourselves.
There is a butcher shop close by, they charge over $100 to cut a deer up, way to much for me. We have a commercial meat ginder & a large vacuum sealing machine.
We do take cubed up venison over to the butcher shop (Shaff,s Meats - Harpursville New York) and have them make venison sticks, summer sausage, pickled sausage and other stuff. These products get a little pricey.
Last year we paid $450 to get our stuff processed.
If we had them butcher the deer from last year it would it would of been an additional $1,000.
When you have them make stuff up for you. You get your meat back. Some places mix everyone's meat together and make the products and you get meat ftom other people's deer.
I see how some people skin and take care of the deer they shoot. I don't ever want any venison back from someone else.
I like to shoot deer that are a year and a half old.
A year and a half old doe will have one fawn in the spring.
A two and a half old doe will have two fawns come spring.
By shooting the younger does there will be one extra fawn back in the system.
Here is a deer from a couple of years ago. It went about twenty yards and was laying in tjos position when we got to it.

Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I appreciate all the info, I like the part about the butcher not mixing people's meats.
I'd be willing / interested to get the meat in whatever form is easiest for you and least expensive for me, if there's a good nexus point of those. I definitely wouldn't want this to be any kind of burden on you! Large unprocessed pieces would be fine, I'd like to learn more about doing my own cuts, and maybe experiment with slow / rotisserie cooking larger pieces. I would plan on trying a good long sous vide cook if there's a good candidate cut for that. Ground is great too. If none of your family likes the hearts, I'd love to get any of those available. My family eats beef heart about once a month.....
I'll PM you my cell # and we can coordinate more as things shape up during your trip.
Good luck again!

Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have some in the freezer at joke I will need to get rid on and oll replace it with new.
I just used up a half a pack of hamburger this morning before I came down to sea-tac. to catch my flight back to Syracuse
New York.
Tomorrow we will go to the Greene Gun Club to shoot the rifles and make sure they are still on. If you want some specialty stuff made up I can send you the price list.
My friend from Anacortes will be getting a bunch made up.
He comes out Thanksgiving day. So the first deer we wil hang it a couple of days ,then get it cut up and drop it off so it will be processed before he get there.

Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next