General Chit-Chat, comments etc
Post a reply

Election 2024?

Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:54 am

EDIT: rather than muddle the forum with another election 2024 thread, and to preserve the opinions already voiced in this one, I've retitled it to broaden the scope into a fuller discussion of the soon to be expanded roster of candidates.

My buddy and I bandied this idea about, wondering the advantages of a Trump and Trump-lite ticket.

Given Trump's experience in office (and a Trump sized ego) he would be the obvious headliner. This would get him to get his vindication, and make him amenable to the next strategic move.

Said pal offered that a good play might be - presuming a winning bid - Trump occupies the WH and somewhat into his term, steps down allowing DeSantis to move up while retaining the ability to run for two full terms after the interim service expires.

Apparently, pal and I aren't alone in such musings:

"Suppose all the Trump vs DeSantis sparring is nothing but theater? What if the two Florida residents have discussed plans and strategy already?"

"My theory is that Trump and DeSantis formed a secret alliance, allowing the Trump-hating RINOs to pour hundreds of millions into DeSantis’s potential campaign. The two can feud publicly, sucking the air out of the political room for the next year, then join forces. Not only will they have a huge campaign war chest, but the NeverTrumpers who loved DeSantis one minute will have no idea what to do when they get their wish, except that their guy is running for the White House with another guy they loathe."

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... _2024.html
Last edited by jukk0u on Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Trump/DeSantis 2024?

Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:00 am

That would be the dream ticket. Trump is old and it would be his second term so it would set DeSantis up for 2028.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:27 am

Nope....

Trump has to go.

Clearly obvious from the mid terms.

If he runs the Dems win the W.H.,,,,, again.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:30 am

Yup, by all means let the foxes tell the hens who to run for elections after the foxes finish cooking the ballot boxes...

Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:06 am

WaJim wrote:Nope....

Trump has to go.

Clearly obvious from the mid terms.

If he runs the Dems win the W.H.,,,,, again.
This. Anyone that thinks Trump can win with all his baggage is dreaming. He did a lot of good and thankful for that. Abortion and Trump blew the election

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:29 am

Thought it was pretty obvious after the midterms that Trump is dead weight to the GOP now.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:19 am

Base disagrees. So when Trump wins the primary will you guys get behind him or not vote?

We don't need the never-Trumper shit from 2016. If he wins the primary you guys have a choice between him and Brandon or even worse, Kamel Toe or Butt-gag.
Last edited by Alpine on Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:39 am

Alpine wrote:Base disagrees. So when Trump wins the primary will you guys get behind him or not vote?

They'll vote for Biden again, like we all did.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:46 am

If the primary is Trump vs. DeSantis, I'm voting DeSantis.

If Trump is the nomination, I'm voting "Anyone but Biden"...

Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:55 am

Wonder how the Lobotomized-tarians will vote. Gary Johnson was a new low and Spike Cohen and his running mate were even kookier and worse if that was possible and they still voted for Brandon to win.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:00 pm

AR15L wrote:
Alpine wrote:Base disagrees. So when Trump wins the primary will you guys get behind him or not vote?

They'll vote for Biden again, like we all did.

You spelled Fetterman wrong.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:01 pm

Alpine wrote:Wonder how the Lobotomized-tarians will vote. Gary Johnson was a new low and Spike Cohen and his running mate were even kookier and worse if that was possible and they still voted for Brandon to win.

Who is they?
Oh, you mean the phony ballots of dead people and forgeries along with the machines owned by Soros?

Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:03 pm

Alpine wrote:Wonder how the Lobotomized-tarians will vote. Gary Johnson was a new low and Spike Cohen and his running mate were even kookier and worse if that was possible and they still voted for Brandon to win.

Do you ever get tired of being superior to everyone around you?

Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:05 pm

Sparky D wrote:If the primary is Trump vs. DeSantis, I'm voting DeSantis.

If Trump is the nomination, I'm voting "Anyone but Biden"...

:plusone: :yes:

Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:29 pm

KeystoneCowboy wrote:

Do you ever get tired of being superior to everyone around you?

What is Aleppo? Some form of WMDs?
Post a reply