Big time auction! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://murphyauction.com/Auction/Details/8501

What a collection!

Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, usrifle has been getting rid of stuff…

Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:50 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Damn. About 740 guns, then some other stuff at the end.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WOW! The Who's Who of revolver collections. :bow:

Divided we fall.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:16 am

Yeah, I'm speechless. At first I thought maybe the estate of Paul Allen? Perhaps Jeff Bezos or Bill Gates selling off some duplicates from their collection? But what's the deal with all of the binoculars, rifle scopes, tennis racquets, and golf clubs? And the rather pedestrian selection of ammunition?

Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You guys are easily wowed. This looks like the collection of a guy with a good eye and some disposable income who hit gun shows for 30-40 years. I'm pretty savvy on the S&Ws and Colts, and other than about 5, the rest are pretty pedestrian. It would NOT impress a serious S&W or Colt collector.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:14 am

I don't think the guy was a hardcore Smith & Wesson and Colt collector, per se; rather, a collector/hoarder/accumulator of EVERYTHING. Note the Marlin and Savage rifles alongside the Al Biesen rifles. What IS rather puzzling tho, is why instead of using an auction house with a nationwide footprint and that specializes in firearms, like Rock Island Auction (or even gunbroker), they went with a local outfit that usually auctions off bulldozers and backhoes.

Last edited by esbshaw on Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hoping a couple may slip through the cracks with that big of an auction and maybe get 1 or 2 for a good price.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:38 am

You and me both, brother! Along with everybody else on this forum! Although, with that sheer amount of auction items, there's a good chance it could happen.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Man, here I am wanting just one .32acp Walther, and this fellow had like 10 of them.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

esbshaw wrote:
I don't think the guy was a hardcore Smith & Wesson and Colt collector, per se; rather, a collector/hoarder/accumulator of EVERYTHING. Note the Marlin and Savage rifles alongside the Al Biesen rifles. What IS rather puzzling tho, is why instead of using an auction house with a nationwide footprint and that specializes in firearms, like Rock Island Auction (or even gunbroker), they went with a local outfit that usually auctions off bulldozers and backhoes.

Rock Island deals in high value stuff. Again, I don't see a ton of high four and five figure guns in there, but I'm not up on the rifles and fowling pieces all that much.

It's telling when the auction house, out of all of those guns, highlights the Taurus Judge in their brochure :rofl9:

Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Decent one in Rochester coming up too. https://www.proxibid.com/Johnny-s-Estat ... log/224244

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

esbshaw wrote:

I bet it has a simple explanation, someone probably died. Local auction house was easiest choice for the executor of the estate.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:53 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Hoping a couple may slip through the cracks with that big of an auction and maybe get 1 or 2 for a good price.

I am currently bidding on 40 items.
I am fairly certain I know the origin of this auction.

Good luck to all bidding and don't get lured in by the frenzy and end up paying way too much.

Look at all of the details, including the Buyer premium that is on top of the final bid.

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:05 pm

KeystoneCowboy wrote:

I didn't see any Coonans.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next