Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:45 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The outrageously biased news article thread 

I was going to post this in the Rittenhouse thread, but a dedicated thread for dangerously biased articles, articles that outright lie, there should be a thread for them. Here are some doozies, excerpts from this article below:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fallout-from ... 10200.html

"....during intense protests in the city in response to the police shooting of Jacob Blake."

NO, they weren't "intense protests", they were acts of arson, burning buildings to the ground, burning life saving fire engines and other vehicles, attempted murder against elderly business owners trying to put out the fire set by arsonists, the very WAR IN OUR STREETS that are the reason we own "weapons of war". War was being waged against the town of Kenosha.

"...he became involved in a series of confrontations..."

NO, he was violently confronted by arsonists and vigilantes for Jacob Blake because he was being a good samaritan and putting out fires.

"...will see Rittenhouse’s acquittal as license to “take the law into their own hands,”

NO, Rittenhouse didn't take the law into his own hands. He was violently attacked by a vigilante mob of arsonists and he did the only thing possible, he defended himself.

"...saw how the right has embraced and celebrated a murderer..."

NO, he wasn't a murderer, that was proven by countless videos documenting the event and finally by a jury that DESPITE being intimidated (documented) to render a "guilty" verdict, they saw the facts and agreed that he was NOT GUILTY of murder.

"Guns will be increasingly used as a means of suppressing political speech"

NO, guns were not used to suppress free speech. In this case a gun was used to stop a violent attack upon a good samaritan by a mob of arsonist vigilantes. Guns were carried because a town was under siege by a mob of crazed, violent, arsonists and vigilantes that made anything the Hell's Angels motorcycle gang ever did look like child's games, all while the police stood by on orders of the leftist governor and allowed this to happen, and people watched as their town was being burned to the ground, their businesses destroyed, and their citizens attacked with potentially deadly violence.

"“Gun advocates used to say that ‘An armed society is a polite society,’ by which they meant that we can all be forced into good behavior if we live in a state of constant terror, knowing that even the most minor disagreement could result in murder."

NO, it means that if a violent unjust individual thinks he can assault, rape, or murder a human being, they will be shot and killed. Everyone else has nothing to fear, I lived in a state where most likely everybody had guns, guns were carried on people's hips, a common sight in Arizona, and I NEVER felt any fear, why should I.

"The expansion of self-defense as a legal rationale for killing is dangerous for everyone"

HUNH???????

"Faith in the judicial system will erode even further"

NO, faith in the integrity of the news media is FUCKING TOAST for anyone with even a few functioning brain cells.

And in case anyone needs a reminder of just how bad it was in Kenosha Wisconsin, here is the youtube link of one of the most comprehensive and accurate videos out there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgKYwhBFr_Y&t=4s

Last edited by Tod on Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Comments suspended.
I'd guess it wasn't going their way.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:50 pm

Here's another one:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/opinion-ritt ... p_deeplink

This is a excerpt from that article:

"Rittenhouse obtained an AR-15-style assault rifle illegally and then had his mother drive him across state lines, where he killed racial justice protesters in Minnesota. This unjust verdict gives those white persons on the lunatic fringe justification to kill Black Lives Matters protesters or any protesters they don’t like. Like Rittenhouse, they too will randomly shoot innocent people down in the streets and receive no jail time or punishment, because white people who are violent and commit crimes should never be charged or sentenced to prison because they have blonde hair, blue eyes or white skin and only Black and brown people should be locked up. Without shame or guilt, a white, privileged person can now view themselves as the “victim” and subconsciously believe that they are somehow being discriminated against and victimized."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/opinion-gun- ... 48597.html

"Whether or not you were surprised by the acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse in Kenosha, Wisconsin, on Nov. 19, you might nevertheless have been deeply shocked — that a 17-year-old could carry his AR-15 style rifle (that he thought was “cool”) into a volatile situation to take on the job of law enforcement, kill people, and be found not guilty of all charges.

Perhaps you even feel you are losing the ability to be shocked. There were a record number of gun deaths in 2020, many likely linked to the COVID-19 pandemic."

Yes I am shocked, shocked that this journalist never noticed that Kenosha was being burned to the ground and that not even law enforcement took on "the job of law enforcement" and that residents, and KR's father lived in Kenosha, that makes him resident enough, that residents were left with no option but to protect their community. KR never brought the weapon because it was "cool" but because it was all we are allowed and it is the bare minimum an American is allowed to own, and it was obvious that it barely kept him alive, because it was "not enough gun". So yes, I'm shocked that this journalist is that much of a dingbat that they don't see the truth, or that they are so egregious a liar that they could print such drivel, but that's why we all know the left wing news media is "fake news", lies, just damned lies.

Last edited by Tod on Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This should be checked regularly - just for sanity: https://www.newsbusters.org/

Not articles, but radio "news" - top of the hour specifically. Just listen to a news radio station for a bit. CBS and ABC (not sure about NBC and other liberal tabloids) have radio top news. They say even more leftist bilge than you might imagine - more than they PRINT. ALMOST funny, people believe it. The picture painted of Kyle had almost NOTHING to do with reality - facts and truth were 180°!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:52 am

Tod wrote:
Here's another one:

"Rittenhouse obtained an AR-15-style assault rifle illegally and then had his mother drive him across state lines, where he killed racial justice protesters in Minnesota. This unjust verdict gives those white persons on the lunatic fringe justification to kill Black Lives Matters protesters or any protesters they don’t like. Like Rittenhouse, they too will randomly shoot innocent people down in the streets and receive no jail time or punishment, because white people who are violent and commit crimes should never be charged or sentenced to prison because they have blonde hair, blue eyes or white skin and only Black and brown people should be locked up. Without shame or guilt, a white, privileged person can now view themselves as the “victim” and subconsciously believe that they are somehow being discriminated against and victimized."

Its YAHOO where Trump is still lives in their heads rent free. It’s a biased rag that still can’t find a buyer with opinion pieces from the far out of touch with reality left. I gave up reading it years ago. Click bait.

This is pretty much one of their BS opinion pieces to persuade people to believe this crap (propaganda) written by some emotional lunatic who would be calling someone with a gun to help their ass out of trouble if it was the same situation (guaranteed).

I get it that the media posts emotionally driven articles to persuade the sheep to keep fighting so they can post more BS like this, even more $lick bait. It’s all tuned for the emotionally weak to trigger hot buttons while cameras roll (rinse & repeat) and there’s no shortage of emotionally driven sheep for the media to feed on.

“Those that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
-Benjamin Franklin

Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Greenecho wrote:
Tod wrote:
Here's another one:

Its YAHOO where Trump is still lives in their heads rent free. It’s a biased rag that still can’t find a buyer with opinion pieces from the far out of touch with reality left. I gave up reading it years ago. Click bait.

This is pretty much one of their BS opinion pieces to persuade people to believe this crap (propaganda) written by some emotional lunatic who would be calling someone with a gun to help their ass out of trouble if it was the same situation (guaranteed).

I get it that the media posts emotionally driven articles to persuade the sheep to keep fighting so they can post more BS like this, even more $lick bait. It’s all tuned for the emotionally weak to trigger hot buttons while cameras roll (rinse & repeat) and there’s no shortage of emotionally driven sheep for the media to feed on.

True.

The "right" does it with fake sites and shit. Garbage. The left does their fake news on three and four and five letter news sites that have often existed for many years - people need to wake up to this false legitimacy.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
This should be checked regularly - just for sanity: https://www.newsbusters.org/

Not articles, but radio "news" - top of the hour specifically. Just listen to a news radio station for a bit. CBS and ABC (not sure about NBC and other liberal tabloids) have radio top news. They say even more leftist bilge than you might imagine - more than they PRINT. ALMOST funny, people believe it. The picture painted of Kyle had almost NOTHING to do with reality - facts and truth were 180°!

I have almost completely stopped listening to 97.3 KIRO because their top of the hour reporting has started to creep to the insane left. Since that started so has their programming.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:19 am

stompah wrote:
Pablo wrote:

I have almost completely stopped listening to 97.3 KIRO because their top of the hour reporting has started to creep to the insane left. Since that started so has their programming.

True enough. Used to have quality reporting years ago. Shame but such are the times in Seattle.

Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:37 am

And another article inciting the already delusional angry masses among us:

2 TRIALS, 1 THEME: WHITE MEN TAKING THE LAW INTO THEIR OWN HANDS

https://apnews.com/article/ahmaud-arber ... e8b9079bb2

The only problem is, KR did not take the law into his own hands, a violent mob of vigilante arsonists who took the law into their own hands to mete out their brand of justice for the police shooting of Jacob Blake decided to threaten the life of good samaritan and then attacked him, he defended his life with lethal force. End of story.

Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:59 pm

Excerpt:

"Suppose a Black teenager gets an assault-style rifle, drives to another state, waves it around in the middle of a Proud Boys rally and then shoots to death a couple of them when they confront him, claiming self-defense."

https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/opi ... 704547002/

The only problem is that this is a lie, here is what actually happened:

"A teenagers drives twenty minutes to where his father and friends live because the town is being burned to the ground, current reports are that over 50 million dollars in damages have been done, family business are still in ashes a year later, and business owners are struggling financially and struggling to live... the teenagers drives to that town to act as a good samaritan, helping clean up debris and protect a town tht his being destroyed, literally destroyed. One night he's running with a fire extinguisher to put out a fire set by vigilante arsonists who crossed state lines to commit arson and felonies, this angers the violent mob which retaliates and tries to gravely injure and possibly kill the teenager, and the teenager shoots them in self defense and survives the gravely dangerous vigilante arsonist mob attack upon him."

And while we're on this subject, a Black teenager actually did show up in Kenosha WI and walked among the crowds who waited for the verdict on the court case, and nobody attacked her, and thus nobody got shot because nobody was violently crazed enough to attack her, as was the case for KR. The first attacker KR shot was a violent and mentally deranged child molester who was released that very day from a mental institution after being treated because he was a deadly threat to himself.

Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:53 am

While I only began documenting articles like these a week or so ago, this "repeating of a lie often enough that it becomes truth" has gone on for over a year now, and half of America seems to believe the lie that Kyle Rittenhouse was a blood thirsty vigilante. I truly believe the Waukesha parade massacre was a result of this year of incitement. Bear in mind that the media is also painting you, me, all gun owners as self styled "blood thirsty vigilantes".

The headline: "Cartoonistry: Avenging heroes are fitting only for the comics, not for real life"

An excerpt:

"Rittenhouse and the three males tried in Georgia for Ahmaud Arbery’s homicide clearly noticed themselves as righteous. But they had been textbook vigilantes. And when you check out the precise historical past of vigilantism in America, it rapidly turns into clear that it has overwhelmingly been used for ethnic oppression throughout segregation and numerous waves of immigration. There’s nothing righteous in that."

https://www.pehalnews.in/cartoonistry-a ... e/1340226/

"Wisconsin organizers saw up close what it means to be targeted by groups who oppose their message — last year, the battleground state swarmed with political operators before the November presidential election and armed vigilantes responding to the racial justice protests in August after footage of Blake’s police shooting went viral."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/black-activi ... 41576.html

Last edited by Tod on Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:39 pm

"Vigilantes are not patriots"

"That he was chased, threatened, hit by a skateboard, had a gun pointed at him, and feared for his life, defense attorneys claimed, justified his plea of self-defense."

Let me fix that sentence for "The Hill": "That he was threatened, chased, attacked, brutally kicked in the head while down, his head repeatedly bludgeoned with a skateboard, a gun pulled on him, and having only split seconds to react while his life was in danger, he was justified in his use of lethal force to defend his life."

https://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-ju ... t-patriots

And others:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/serious-grow ... 08072.html

YOUR TURN: Playing vigilante without consequences

Having spent my entire professional life as a county and state criminal prosecutor and now retired federal judge, I claim a certain level of expertise in commenting on the Kyle Rittenhouse criminal case.

It is difficult to understand how a 17-year-old male resident of Illinois can cross state lines into Wisconsin carrying an assault-type weapon purchased for him by an older friend and kill two men and grievously injure a third and escape any responsibly. This is, of course, what followed from an acquittal by a jury of all charges after trial earlier this month....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/turn-playing ... 06950.html

Last edited by Tod on Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have to admit I’m confused by the point of this thread.

There are countless threads about individual issues that are in the news, where you can vent, and other threads, like, what has pissed you off today, or mildly irritated you.

I guess if you just want your own thread about every little thing you read that pisses you off, knock yourself out...

Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:04 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

If you want delusional, go to https://www.democraticunderground.com/
Like an alternative universe.
I usually can't last 5 minutes.

Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:15 pm

NWGunner wrote:
I have to admit I’m confused by the point of this thread.

There are countless threads about individual issues that are in the news, where you can vent, and other threads, like, what has pissed you off today, or mildly irritated you.

I guess if you just want your own thread about every little thing you read that pisses you off, knock yourself out...

"...every little thing you read that pisses you off," You mean like the lies that portray Rittenhouse as a vigilante murdering racist that just may have incited the massacre at the parade in Waukesha WI? Such a little thing eh? And that gaslighting about calling defenders "vigilantes" won't just apply to Rittenhouse but you, me, all gun owners.

The point of this thread is evolving but it began with my contempt for the outrageous lie that a good Samaritan who traveled 20 minutes to his father's town to help ease some of the wholesale destruction, violence, and arson that destroyed 50 Million dollars in property, not including lost revenues for these family businesses, that this good Samaritan is a "murderous vigilante".

My contempt was increased because this lie, told often during the past year, very possibly resulted in, incited the massacre at Waukesha Wisconsin when that goblin mowed down some 70 people, killing 6.

So I want to collect the articles by these bald faced liars, these lying journalists who are inciting fantastic anger with their lies that a good Samaritan is a "vigilante", meanwhile, ACTUAL VIGILANTES who crossed state lines took the law into their own hands to mete out their own brand of vigilante justice by burning down family businesses and waging war against the town of Kenosha. Yes there were vigilantes, a vigilante mob of arsonists who attacked people and destroyed businesses that put food on the tables of local families.

These left wing lying journalists who deceive Americans about who were the actual vigilantes endlessly spout their lie about Rittenhouse while ignoring the depth of the devastation caused by the ACTUAL vigilantes to the town of Kenosha Wisconsin, this article is painfully eye opening:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/14/us/k ... LSrssplQOs

Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next