Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 New to Washington - Kirkland 

I recently moved out to Washington. Hadn't been shooting much lately because the gun laws where I last lived freaking sucked way worse than here. Now that I'm out here I've been reunited with all my toys and am excited to get back and do some shooting.

I'm living around Kirkland. I work from home and have been getting pretty damn bored lately, so if anybody around the Seattle Eastside area ever gets together at lunch to shoot or eat and talk guns I'd be interested in meeting up.

Also looking for recommendations of places to shoot outside. I'd like to do a little more distance shooting 200 yards+, and shoot some steel, stuff like that. There seem to be a bunch of indoor ranges in like Bellevue and Woodinville but I know I'll get bored of that fast.

Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There a nice-ish range on the east side of Kirkland up near the vocational school. Member only. Don't know if they have a public shoot day like Marysville Rifle Club. But maybe you can strike up an acquaintance with a member and go as a guest and eventually(?) get an invite to join.

The Canadian kid (Shawn) who used to hang out here and another Waguns member named Ben were big-wigs in that organization and seemed to be doing some positive things with the club, but they've been absent from WaGuns for a while now.

I don't know where in Western Wa you'll find longer range shooting unless you drive a ways north or south.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:41 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns!

Jimbo is referring to Interlake Sporting Association (https://interlakesporting.com/), which is a nice club and definitely worth checking out. Their rifle range goes out to 200 yards, but they have a lot of other features there as well.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

welcomewgo

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:26 am

MadPick wrote:
Welcome to WaGuns!

Jimbo is referring to Interlake Sporting Association (https://interlakesporting.com/), which is a nice club and definitely worth checking out. Their rifle range goes out to 200 yards, but they have a lot of other features there as well.

You know what kind of work party/volunteer requirements they have? I am asking them what events are public to go check them out.

Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:12 pm

jukk0u wrote:
There a nice-ish range on the east side of Kirkland up near the vocational school. Member only. Don't know if they have a public shoot day like Marysville Rifle Club. But maybe you can strike up an acquaintance with a member and go as a guest and eventually(?) get an invite to join.

The Canadian kid (Shawn) who used to hang out here and another Waguns member named Ben were big-wigs in that organization and seemed to be doing some positive things with the club, but they've been absent from WaGuns for a while now.

I don't know where in Western Wa you'll find longer range shooting unless you drive a ways north or south.

Yeah I figured you'd have to get out a bit for long range. If I did want to drive a bit and do some long range, are there any good long distance ranges open to the public?

Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:13 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

MoreCowbell432 wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Welcome to WaGuns!

You know what kind of work party/volunteer requirements they have? I am asking them what events are public to go check them out.

I don't, sorry. I've visited the range a few times, but I'm not a member.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So I've been wracking my brain trying to remember which range has a fetch longer than 200 yards.
Robot's post about his pew-pewing reminded me that Paul Bunyon opens up for longer shots (600 yards?) a few times during the summer. Don't know if it's a members only thing or connected with Johnny Appleseed or CMP or another program.

Seems like Black Diamond has a longer range out to 600. IIRC it's a member only deal and since you end up shooting out over one of the shooting positions or the range house, they have a mandatory qualification for use.

That's all I got.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:29 pm

Kenmore Shooting Range has a rifle range that goes out to 300 yards but you must be a member to use it. The public range only goes out to 100 yards.

Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MoreCowbell432 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Yeah I figured you'd have to get out a bit for long range. If I did want to drive a bit and do some long range, are there any good long distance ranges open to the public?

Plantation Rifle Range in Bellingham. I've been up there a few times to sight in rifles. About an hour and 20 minute drive from the Kirkland area. It's a public range with various distances for target shooting. I suggest going when they open.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

20 minutes to Bellingham?! How fast do you drive?

Marysville rifle club has a public shoot on Thursdays. About $15.

Range goes to 200 yds with gongs at 220.

FJB

Last edited by jukk0u on Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:27 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

jukk0u wrote:

I think you missed the "hour" part. :bigsmile:

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:48 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jukk0u wrote:

Marysville rifle club has a public shoot on Thursdays. About $15.

Range goes to 200 yds with gongs at 220.

Met with this member for a deal and discussed MRC. Hopefully we’ll get a chance to meet up soon so I can show him the facilities.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]