Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 NRA 2021 Elections 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

a commentary, endorsements, and suggestions of whom one should avoid.

"We need you to be actively lobbying every current and potential future member of the Board, demanding that they stop the lies and corruption, and return the Association to the members. There are only about 15 Directors who are completely in the tank for LaPierre and company, and about an equal number who are very troubled by the current regime and the situation they’ve created. The rest just sort of follow the path of least resistance, so it’s critical that you pressure them to stop spending the NRA’s resources on protection of LaPierre, and start focusing on protection of the NRA."

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/06/nra-bo ... -vote-for/

Yeah, I know: It'll never work, Eeyore.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would hope that those who are disappointed with the NRA due to WL reign of selfishness would get involved. Do the homework needed to try and oust him!!!
Nothing is free, our dues sure aren’t so we must act for the accountability from all in these mega Orgs that we pay into.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Agreed. If you are a voting-eligible NRA member, please follow the Ammoland link above for voting recommendations and send your ballot in. Time is short - they must be in to the NRA by August 15 to be counted! Jeff Knox has only five recommendations; two on the ballot and three write-ins (to be entered on the back of the ballot). Don't vote for any other candidates; the five listed are the only ones with demonstrated motivation to rid the NRA of Wayne LaPierre once and for all; most if not all the others are just WLP toadies.

Frank Tait, one of the write-in candidates, with example of how to properly fill in the write-in section: https://taitnra.substack.com/p/nra-boar ... allots-are

Remember, 8/15/21 deadline!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mail-in ballots?
Let me guess…
:ROFLMAO:

Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

surevaliance wrote:
Mail-in ballots?
Let me guess…

Yeah, I know...

But this is what we're stuck with for now, so have to try to make the best of it. The most effective way to get rid of WLP is to NOT vote for his enablers.

Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dcss5055 wrote:
surevaliance wrote:
Mail-in ballots?
Let me guess…

Yeah, I know...

But this is what we're stuck with for now, so have to try to make the best of it. The most effective way to get rid of WLP is to NOT vote for his enablers.

This.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for posting jukk. I'll go through the article and send in my ballot shortly.

Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I do hope all of you that got a ballot filled it out and put it in the mail by now. If not you better get your ass moving this weekend.

Here is the dope on who to vote for and write in that you all asked for from the link above.

“I am endorsing only two candidates whose names appear on the ballot:

Owen Buz Mills of Paulden, Arizona, and James Tomes of Wadesville, Indiana. Buz Mills is the owner of Gun Site Academy, and has long been active in Arizona politics, including a run for governor.
Jim Tomes is the founder of a solid 2A group in Indiana, and served several years in the Indiana Senate. I’ve known him for many years and know him to be a man of humility and integrity.
Those are the only names on the ballot I can endorse. I encourage you to mark your ballot for only those two and no one else, then turn the ballot over and write in the following three names:

Frank C. Tait of Wayne, PA
R.B. Rocky Marshall of Boerne, TX
Duane Liptak, Jr. of Austin, TX”

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very disappointing results for the recent NRA BOD election. By and large the membership voted to keep the status quo and thus affirm and enable the corruption at the top. I have to wonder if the majority of the membership even knows what they're voting for.

https://taitnra.substack.com/p/nra-election-results

https://www.americanrifleman.org/conten ... n-results/

Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I also blame the convoluted voting process they employ.

Vote for a candidate. One member, one vote; the end.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you ask me it’s just the same as any election nowadays, meaning that people do not even take the time to research candidates they just go with what they’re told buy those loyal to Wayne Lapierre. It’s just about the same as they are the Democrats

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:10 pm

Caveman Jim wrote:
If you ask me it’s just the same as any election nowadays, meaning that people do not even take the time to research candidates they just go with what they’re told buy those loyal to Wayne Lapierre. It’s just about the same as they are the Democrats

So True, on both sides of the aisle. Can't tell you how many times I've heard someone say they just went down the ballot and checked off all "R's" or "D's".

Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]