Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:12 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 31  Next
 The OK Thread! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sprouts did not let me enter without a mask, so I left. Two places so far. Well three, including Wal Mart.

My favorite health food store, Natural Grocers never has hassled me. The other day I went in, MOST of the people were not wearing masks. GREAT PLACE. I can do most of my shopping here. There is a NG in Vancouver in Washington, that's it.

When I do my liver cleanse, which requires zero animal products, I go to Natural Grocers for me extra needs: Olive Oil, Walnuts, fruits, non-meat replacements. But they have a whole lot of meat though!

Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Highway signs in WA say: WEAR YOUR MASK

Highway signs in OK say: WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT

Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/hunt ... /lexington
You need a hunting license to use them. Cheapest one for a nonresident is $142 for one year.

I can use all the shooting ranges here:
https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/hunt ... ing-ranges

I'm thinking this is a good deal since $142 will get you good range time in a quality range anyway, but I can choose multiple here. Handgun or rifle.

Added: This place (Lexington) actually has three ranges and more varied places for shooting short and long distance.
Rangers *may* show up and check for your hunting license.
And you can hunt too.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

#19. Oklahoma
For every 1,000 residents in Oklahoma, there are 12.3 guns. That's 47,419 registered firearms among 3,850,568 people.

#37. Washington
For every 1,000 residents in Washington, there are 8.6 guns. That's 60,009 registered firearms dispersed among 6,971,406 people.
:thumbsup2:

"Methodology
Here is a look at per capita weapons data, based on the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record, and 2013 data from the U.S. Census.

While the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record is the only accessible list of its kind, it is not all-inclusive. NFA firearms only include the categories regulated by The National Firearms Act of 1934: machine guns, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, suppressors, destructive devices like bombs and grenades, concealable devices with the ability to discharge a shot through the energy of an explosive, and any firearm with a bore over half an inch that has not been determined to have a legitimate sporting use.

But some guns fall outside of this scope, and many aren't registered, meaning surveys on gun ownership come to different conclusions."

Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You can bet your asp that the averages are WAY higher than that. Aside from the difference that you pointed out, the time lag on sources, and the recent explosion of firearm sales....It's a safe bet that even many hardcore anti-gunners actually own firearms. The whole "rules for thee, but not four me" attitude of the left...

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that an average of 1/3 households in America have a gun. The really ugly part of that, is that although those types will secretly own them, they know next to nothing about safety or secure storage.
Those are the kinds of people who will put Uncle Jim's old pistol in the back of a closet, and not realize for YEARS, that junior sold it to some A-hole down at the mall for weed money.

Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I purchased a hunting license for the state shooting ranges around the state. Had some nice talks with others who were shooting to include a caretaker. A close one in Lexington had some additions a few years back, part from an NRA grant. Upgraded from wooded benches to cement and steel benches and overhead cover. But quite a few yahoos shoot the overhead cover that has insulation for sound. But the caretaker said traffic was way down due to lack of ammo.

Caretaker said he got a free ride for hunting and fishing due to his status but he said in OK over age 65, you can pay for a combined hunting and fishing license for $25 for a resident.

There's one private range that is $200/yr plus $100 initiation, for one location.

Local Wal Mart in Purcell has 10% state sales tax.

https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/hunt ... ing-ranges
https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/hunt ... /lexington

Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://smartasset.com/taxes/oklahoma-tax-calculator

Yup, state sales portion is 4.5% but county/city make it closer to 10%.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

The state sales tax rate in Oklahoma is 4.50%. Alone, that would be the 14th-lowest rate in the country. However, in addition to that rate, Oklahoma has some of the highest local sales taxes in the country, with combined city and county rates as high as 7%.

Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We were hit with the cold front that went thru the country. It appears the region was not ready for much of what happened. I don't expect the local government to have snow plows ready for snow storm that rarely happen but it is disconcerting about the dismantling of the power generating capability that has occurred in recent years, much like the tearing down of the dams in the Pacific Northwest that has lessened their power generating capability.

Don't know why windmills stop working in TX but work in IA. I don't like them though.

I am living in a shared house and people are really out of touch it seems. People getting hot water to splash on their windshields which is not good (watch Scotty Kilmer videos on youtube). First hot water went out and people could not shower (hint: use wipes). But we had water. Heaters broke because of the strain. Had to run water at night to keep water pipes from bursting, people were not used to that. Also opening the cabinets so the pipes could be warm. But after a few days of cold weather, the pipes started bursting. People did not know where to shut off the water main or have a tool to do this (hint: have serviceable tools ready). In addition, people did not have water stored up for when the water stops. Also important is to have a water filter (https://mypatriotsupply.com/products/al ... ion-system) to get clean water. Finally, people did not have a clue on the rules for using toilets with no water (only flush meaning put a gallon and a half in after doing #2, no flush for #1).

When the power went out, people did not know what to do. Have a solar backup flashlight and light at the very least.

People could not get out of the snow since they had no snow shovels or traction pads. Propane ran out in local stores. Stores closed early.

Does not apply for people who live in Northerner climates, this is a fall storm.

I can't say I was totally prepared, I did not pack my small snow shovel, traction pads in the back of my car or my Costco windshield cover.

A neighbor was irate that my legally parked car was getting in his way of his monster truck in the opposite driveway so I relocated my car to the nearby friendly church I first went to. The pastor said ok, but said the church's pipes all burst early in the storm and the entire church was flooded. Carpet, ceiling and stuff in between damaged. And not to recommend to park in the overhang since ice was falling down the eaves.

Since I have to road march to church to use my vehicle, I need good boots. I had some comfortable winter Rapid Fielding Initiative Belleville boots I got for deployment in 2005 but they were mismatched. Same size, both comfortable, but one boot is more rougher texture than the other. Well the rougher texture is cracking and I will need a new pair of boots. I did not bring my deluxe desert Matterhorns I used in Iowa since I assumed the climate was not so bad. So thoroughly check your boots.

I did learn one lesson from Iowa (that I learned decades ago but forgot) was that any rip or tear in your sock (use wool or wool blend or similar only, no cotton) will give you a blister, so check your socks!

Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Never lost power or water. The windows are so drafty that we had small snowdrifts on the windowsills.....on the inside of the house! Fortunately, I topped off the propane tanks a few days before this hit. My wife is somewhat amused that I have a ton of prepps, and never needed them. Generators, solar panels, water, stoves, and etc. The only issue so far is that the hot water heater for the showers is only producing semi-hot water and the access plate to adjust the temperature is blocked by my safe. Roads are all clear, and I go back to work Monday. I got regular pay for this whole week that I missed. Temps should be almost 60/70 degrees by the end of next week.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WTF!
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. (TNN) - 18 people have been charged in connection to a massive drug trafficking ring operating in Oklahoma.

The announcement was made earlier in the week that more than 100 federal, state, and local law enforcement officers executed 15 search warrants and multiple arrest warrants throughout the Oklahoma City metro area targeting a drug trafficking organization distributing methamphetamine.

The operation was the result of a two-year joint state-wide investigation. Several of the people charged were inmates at various Oklahoma prisons, including Charles Mansfield, who is serving time at the Lawton Correctional Facility.

Between March 3 and March 4, 2021 investigators seized nearly 200 gallons of liquid meth, more than 300 pounds of crystal meth, 25 firearms, and more than $100,000 in U.S. currency.

Over the entire two-year course of the investigation law enforcement seized a combined total of nearly 300 gallons of liquid meth, more than 750 pounds of crystal meth, 40 firearms, and more than $1,000,000 in cash.

Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:23 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

It’s not illegal to possess 750 pounds of crystal meth.

Oh wait ... this is the OK thread, not the WA thread. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
It’s not illegal to possess 750 pounds of crystal meth.

Oh wait ... this is the OK thread, not the WA thread. :bigsmile:

:ROFLMAO:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/senat ... plocalnews

"OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) - The Oklahoma Senate has approved the Second Amendment Sanctuary State Act.
“This measure builds a wall of protection around our Constitutionally-protected, God-given, blood-bought rights to keep and bear arms,” said Sen. Warren Hamilton. “Declaring Oklahoma as a Second Amendment Sanctuary State is an important 'win’ in our battle to reclaim and protect our individual liberties." :thumbsup2:

Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 31  Next