Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:18 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1604, 1605, 1606, 1607, 1608, 1609, 1610 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All my favorite shows are getting 'woke' and pushing leftist bullshit.

Complete with fake statistics that someone will think is real, fake scenarios showing evil racist cop picking on innocent black man. They're turning decent characters and decent actors into walking jokes. One guy is an LAPD officer, and they made him the token black gay guy.. Who cares, no big deal, right? Well, who's his 'new' love interest? A gay black cowboy LAPD mounted officer, who just so happened to be in downtown LA to help him collar a suspect... Like.. REALLY?! I get it, part of TV shows is to suspend belief and all, but a fucking cowboy, mounted unit, riding in on a horse, in downtown LA, that happens to meet the 'other' black gay guy?

How the hell do you have a cop show, that has a direct anti-cop, SJW message pushed so hard in its narrative? It's mind boggling. They're hemorrhaging viewers because of it, too. It sucks even worse because it's got one of my favorite actors in it, and they're gonna tank a great actor and a great show for a BS leftist agenda.

Meanwhile, 2 of my other shows have 'white supremacist/domestic terrorists' as their bad guys.. another has a 'peaceful protests interrupted by violent cops' narrative, and the episode after that has 'Russian influence' as its narrative.

Is nothing sacred, anymore?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Complete with fake statistics that someone will think is real, fake scenarios showing evil racist cop picking on innocent black man. They're turning decent characters and decent actors into walking jokes. One guy is an LAPD officer, and they made him the token black gay guy.. Who cares, no big deal, right? Well, who's his 'new' love interest? A gay black cowboy LAPD mounted officer, who just so happened to be in downtown LA to help him collar a suspect... Like.. REALLY?! I get it, part of TV shows is to suspend belief and all, but a fucking cowboy, mounted unit, riding in on a horse, in downtown LA, that happens to meet the 'other' black gay guy?

How the hell do you have a cop show, that has a direct anti-cop, SJW message pushed so hard in its narrative? It's mind boggling. They're hemorrhaging viewers because of it, too. It sucks even worse because it's got one of my favorite actors in it, and they're gonna tank a great actor and a great show for a BS leftist agenda.

Meanwhile, 2 of my other shows have 'white supremacist/domestic terrorists' as their bad guys.. another has a 'peaceful protests interrupted by violent cops' narrative, and the episode after that has 'Russian influence' as its narrative.

Sacred?

"Resident Alien" on SciFy semi-funny

But they interject a good Muslim girl, who is not allowed to say "damn" but apologizes to Allah. "Christian" kid can say damn and not mention God. Of course Native Americans are the perfect people, etc, except when they aren't and they call the Canada-US border imaginary, etc. The alien and his interactions are OK, but damn does the average idiot even know they are being lectured?

Kill Your TV!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:31 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Cancel Culture takes out the CEO of the Mariners.

I heard his interview that got him in trouble.

Can somebody point out the racists/inappropriate parts?

Maybe I didnt hear the whole thing.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

https://komonews.com/sports/mariners/ma ... r-comments

Maybe if left the English language parts out and baseball as a business with players as employees never goes over well.

Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:54 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Pablo wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Maybe if left the English language parts out and baseball as a business with players as employees never goes over well.

So I didnt miss the bad parts.

Also if you take the Culture of Sensitivity completely out of the program the statements if true are just that.

Two players have English language issues. One that says he needs an interpreter that cost the franchise 75k a year. Why cant Mather say the players English is fine and we cancelled his interpreter.?

Also using a Player for an interpreter for Japanese translation is wrong in what way?

He uses words like Overpayed along with having a bigger personality than the folks hes talking to.

Hes showering these players with praise ...

I still dont get it...

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Pablo wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Also if you take the Culture of Sensitivity completely out of the program the statements if true are just that.

Two players have English language issues. One that says he needs an interpreter that cost the franchise 75k a year. Why cant Mather say the players English is fine and we cancelled his interpreter.?

Also using a Player for an interpreter for Japanese translation is wrong in what way?

He uses words like Overpayed along with having a bigger personality than the folks hes talking to.

I still dont get it...

You are too white to get it.

Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:18 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Pablo wrote:
WaJim wrote:
Pablo wrote:
WaJim wrote:

I still dont get it...

You are too white to get it.

Apparently.... icon_eek

....even if the words are true and in no way derogatory.

Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One of my soldiers from Korea made it up in the ranks all the way to 1ST SGT, just committed suicide.

Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

I've dabbled in screenwriting and might even use a screenplay for my Master's thesis (yeah, midlife crisis Master's of Fine Arts). So, with that I've joined a number of different screenwriting groups, mostly as a fly on the wall because I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground in their world. Many of them live in L.A. and are working, professional screenwriters. A lot of what I wrote below is gleaned from them.

The pendulum has swung too far in the other direction. No one wants to go back to the 70s and 80s where a black actor could only get roles as a slave or a criminal (parodied quite well in Hollywood Shuffle). But now, the only politically acceptable villains are either supernatural (aliens, evil wizards, whatever) or some group of white people. Nazis, KKK, Russians. The (real) Mafia has sort of evolved into a beloved anachronism, like Robin Hood that went straight and got a real job, so isn't really used unless it's a period piece. But hey, everyone knows there are real Nazis and KKK members in every group of conservative white folks, right? They're the real bad guys!

Viewers have definitely picked up on the condescension and preaching. No one wants to be preached at by a movie, unless it's explicit e.g. the Kirk Cameron movies, and then the audience self-selects. So they are spending their time and dollars elsewhere. The video game industry is now much larger than film and has far more creative freedom.

This dynamic is shaping film plots. More and more movies are about self-discovery (the good guy is his or her own worst enemy and must change) or don't have an actual 'bad guy.' There's also a tremendous push within the industry to make movies China-friendly since being approved there means huge $$$. A country of 1 billion people that gobbles up entertainment that, here in America, we consider passé or simplistic. The newer Red Dawn fell victim to this and had to be changed, this is the most famous example but there are many, many others that were changed in production to meet Chinese standards.

Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

KILL YOUR TV Bro.... they are all make believe people...

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
One of my soldiers from Korea made it up in the ranks all the way to 1ST SGT, just committed suicide.

So sad to hear that soldiers feel there is no reason to live. Prayers for the family and friends.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:09 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

hkcavalier wrote:
I've dabbled in screenwriting and might even use a screenplay for my Master's thesis (yeah, midlife crisis Master's of Fine Arts). So, with that I've joined a number of different screenwriting groups, mostly as a fly on the wall because I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground in their world. Many of them live in L.A. and are working, professional screenwriters. A lot of what I wrote below is gleaned from them.

The pendulum has swung too far in the other direction. No one wants to go back to the 70s and 80s where a black actor could only get roles as a slave or a criminal (parodied quite well in Hollywood Shuffle). But now, the only politically acceptable villains are either supernatural (aliens, evil wizards, whatever) or some group of white people. Nazis, KKK, Russians. The (real) Mafia has sort of evolved into a beloved anachronism, like Robin Hood that went straight and got a real job, so isn't really used unless it's a period piece. But hey, everyone knows there are real Nazis and KKK members in every group of conservative white folks, right? They're the real bad guys!

Viewers have definitely picked up on the condescension and preaching. No one wants to be preached at by a movie, unless it's explicit e.g. the Kirk Cameron movies, and then the audience self-selects. So they are spending their time and dollars elsewhere. The video game industry is now much larger than film and has far more creative freedom.

This dynamic is shaping film plots. More and more movies are about self-discovery (the good guy is his or her own worst enemy and must change) or don't have an actual 'bad guy.' There's also a tremendous push within the industry to make movies China-friendly since being approved there means huge $$$. A country of 1 billion people that gobbles up entertainment that, here in America, we consider passé or simplistic. The newer Red Dawn fell victim to this and had to be changed, this is the most famous example but there are many, many others that were changed in production to meet Chinese standards.

I suddenly feel much better-informed . . . but not any happier. icon_eek

Thanks for that, very well written.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ditto the above.

I love it when creative writers in Hollywood talk about freedom of expression.

It sounds so ironically hypocritical.

Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
fu K
Too sad too sorry.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:18 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

golddigger14s wrote:

Awwwe Fuk!

Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1604, 1605, 1606, 1607, 1608, 1609, 1610 ... 1908  Next