Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Mountain Loop Highway 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Was planning to take the wife and kiddo on a drive around the Mt Loop Hwy today. Wife, unfortunately, is feeling ill, so we're staying home. Decided I'd like to do it by my lonesome on Tuesday (my one real day off). Going solo means I'll be able to do more exploring of the forest roads, rather than just sticking to the main road.

Looking at the satellite view on Google Maps shows me a handful of spots that look like they'd be suitable for shooting, does anyone know if there are good spots? This is more of a reconnaissance mission than anything, I'll have some rifles, but more looking to find the spots than to actually use them.

Also interested in non-shooting points of interest in the area, great views, ect. ect.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:38 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lost River Winery in Winthrop. Shameless plug :bigsmile:

Divided we fall.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mountain Loop, not Cascade Loop. Mountain Loop Highway goes out from Granite Falls and winds back up in Darrington. Cascade Loop is Hwy 2 over the mountains to Leavenworth, up 153 through Winthrop and Mazama, then Hwy 20 back through Marblemount, Concrete and Sedro-Woolley.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Careful, its now late Blacktail hunting season.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
Mountain Loop, not Cascade Loop. Mountain Loop Highway goes out from Granite Falls and winds back up in Darrington. Cascade Loop is Hwy 2 over the mountains to Leavenworth, up 153 through Winthrop and Mazama, then Hwy 20 back through Marblemount, Concrete and Sedro-Woolley.

oops. You're right. Wrong loop.

Divided we fall.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
Careful, its now late Blacktail hunting season.

One of the reasons that this trip does not have shooting as its primary goal.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Had a great venture along the Mt. View Highway today. Didn't do any shooting, but did come across a couple of decent spots. One shortly before the Sauk river, very close to the main road, and one waaaaay up a forest road that doesn't appear on my atlas, but seems decently maintained. Both spots were remarkably clean, some brass and leftover targets, but nothing serious and no outright trash that I could see. Someone was up there shooting pumpkins haha, and relatively recently.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:21 pm
Profile WWW

Do you have an approximate location you could put on google maps?

Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not off the top of my head. I'll do some searching tomorrow on Maps and see if I can find it.

Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's a great pit nit too far from the Heather lake trail head. I think nf 4220. it's a ways passed the trail head.

It will be the first bridge after you pass the stores, take the first right turn just after the bridge. Starts as Mt pilshuck road.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like FS41 up there needs a major cleanup. If we don't pack stuff out we will get banned.

https://www.king5.com/article/tech/scie ... -b_0_PS_AY

Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:42 am

Not to pile on, but Pilchuck is in desperate need of a clean up also, beautiful pit, but full of trash. I am willing and able to participate in clean up efforts.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:16 am

I would also be willing/interested in helping with either of those clean up efforts. I have not done one before so I would not be comfortable organising but more then willing to help.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:37 am

FSR 4020 heading to Boardman Lk. is a good place.

Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:56 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

BP12 wrote:
FSR 4020 heading to Boardman Lk. is a good place.

Welcome! :wavey:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next