Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Shoot meetup 

Sup WaGuns! My wife and I are new to the area. I am a member of a local club here in Federal Way but am dieing to take my guns outside. Do you guys meet up, are there areas reasonably close to go shooting? Any help is appreciated!

Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SDGunGuy wrote:
Sup WaGuns! My wife and I are new to the area. I am a member of a local club here in Federal Way but am dieing to take my guns outside. Do you guys meet up, are there areas reasonably close to go shooting? Any help is appreciated!

Welcome to the Forum! :thumbsup2:

Where are you from, & what do you like to shoot?

Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome! Are you looking for an outdoor range, or somewhere in the Woods?

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well you just missed the Biggest one - WaGuns New Year Jan 1st.

As for routine scheduled shoot and meets.
Not so much anymore. Just the New Years Shoot. Shoots/meets does pop up once in a while but nothing set out right now.

Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Organize your own event - even if that means "Hey guys, we're heading up to such-and-such shooting hole. Come join us."

'course if you had a gigantic BBQ'r like Kyle, you might get a bigger draw!

anywayz.... Howdy! :wagwoot:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:43 am

Bummer! Ok thank you, I'll keep an eye out.

Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:20 pm

usrifle wrote:
Welcome! Are you looking for an outdoor range, or somewhere in the Woods?

Woods where I can go legally, and safely. Not familiar with a whole lot, outside Fed Way, unfortunately.

Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:23 pm

NWGunner wrote:
SDGunGuy wrote:

Welcome to the Forum! :thumbsup2:

Where are you from, & what do you like to shoot?

I am originally from the Bay Area (California) but spent the past 10 years in San Diego. Wife got a job opportunity we just couldn't pass up. Plus, I'd been looking to leave California for years.
Plinking is just fine with me, most of my firearms are long guns and the range...is a little confining

Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:27 pm

New lurker, first post. My wife and I are in the same boat, and I'm curious to see how this all turns out! Likewise, we just moved here, and after a couple months of regular range visits, would love a change of scenery!

Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alexjl wrote:
New lurker, first post. My wife and I are in the same boat, and I'm curious to see how this all turns out! Likewise, we just moved here, and after a couple months of regular range visits, would love a change of scenery!

Welcome aboard! Check out the links above to some local places to shoot.

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To be honest it's going to be a drive for the type of outdoor shooting you are looking for.

From Federal Way... you are going to spend a good 1-2+ hrs driving each way. There is nothing close to you.

If you like exploring the foothills and have the vehicle to do some off-roading... then that's okay but if you are just looking for a spot to shoot. No one is going to give you there "sweat spot."

Yes, there are some "shooting pits" but it's a role of the dice in regards how safe you want to feel behind a guy who thinks safety is okay as long as they are on the other end that doesn't go bang.

Really the best bet is to find the right outdoor range. Each has their own merits. The money spent on gas and time goes to the range for simplicity and ease of use.

Check out the MAPS - shooting ranges, gun stores on the very top of this website.

Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:29 am

~
Evergreen range is one of the few ranges where I feel safe, especially since they tightened up the safety rules recently

Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Once the weather breaks I go shooting up in the Darington area. I am in Arlington. I am about an hour & a half north of Federal Way and Darrington is half an hour from Arlington.
When I go shooting I take my grandson and go for the day if you guys want to go for a day when the snow is gone send me a Pm and we can plan something in a couple of months.

I reload if you guys want to load up ammo for your guns before hand.
I have a bunch of dies set up in a lot of calibers, if I don't have the caliber you shoot I will buy that size of die set.
I shoot at gravel pits, if they are already taken I have smaller places up thst way to shoot.
I always take my eight year old grandson shooting, some times we will leave to go shooting on Saturday morning and spend the night up in tje woods, go shooting all day Sunday and go home late Sunday afternoon.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:41 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

^ And little Mason can SHOOT, too! Lots of good teaching. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
^ And little Mason can SHOOT, too! Lots of good teaching. thumbsup

He gets better every year.
Looking forward for the snow to be gone so we can get back up to Darrington to go shooting.

We have a 80% lower completed, thinking about putting a 15 inch 300 BlackOut upper on it for a pistol.
We picked up a bunch of 300 BlackOut brass up in the pits. So might as well make good use of it.

Once the weather breaks we need to get together for some shooting time and you can give Mason some shooting tips.
I should have his 32acp pistol by then

Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]