Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 WaGuns goes to SHOT - 2020 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Ok, here is the official SHOT SHOW Thread from your servants here on WaGuns.

3 of us will be attending, representing WaGuns this year; MadPick, Sinus211, and PMB. This is a smaller group than usual due to some lacking vacation time availability (Dan would rather take family vacations :thumbsdown:) and other restraints so we'll have to take a more focused approach to gear reviews this year. Are any other members headed there?

We will be updating this thread with photos and summaries from what we saw, did, got etc.
We will also be using our social media:
Image - Instagram
Image - Facebook
Image - YouTube
Image - Twitter
Image - WaGuns.org Blog
We will also be dumping photos into an iCloud photo album: LINK TO COME LATER

Here is what you can expect:
Sunday - We all arrive in Vegas. Expect food pics, drink pics and general debauchery.
Monday - This is Range Day where we get to shoot and fondle all the new shit. Cell range out there is spotty, so don't expect anything from us until late afternoon. After that, it'll be more food, drinks, maybe some light nudity.
Tuesday - Day #1 of the Show. 630,000sf to cover, so little time. Photos on the fly, recaps at night. Side missions of procuring free schwag for PIF's. Evening events.. NSFW.
Wednesday - Day #2 of the Show. Similar to Day #1, but with more nudity.
Thursday - Day #3 of the Show. This will be our final day. Running to see the stuff we missed, and re-doing our favorite booths.

We will try and post updates on this thread with photos and summaries of the day.

IMPORTANT:

I'm attaching a list of this year's exhibitors with their booth numbers. As I'm sure you can see there are a lot of them. If you'd like us to focus on a particular exhibitor or product please post:

-The exhibitor name and booth number
-The item you'd like us to focus on
-Any other pertinent info about the exhibitor or product

REQUEST LIST:

Jukk0u- bitch at Zastava about canted sights while admiring quality of new USA made AK's
Arisaka- gratuitous booth girl pics
Rocketscott- Global ordinance/Grand Power (L219, 3017) 1. Ask about A3 approval progress. Ask about mag fix for Grand Power progress.
Angstadt Arms (20156) fondle MDP-9 and try to shoot it at range day. Comparison to other 9mm subguns. Worth the high asking price?
Guns4Liberty- Gibbz Arms (4359) new releases or enhancements for side charging uppers? Parts (uppers/lowers/handguards)
Surevaliance- Swallow pride. Get laughed at by Glock reps for suggesting that they make something based on customer input. Report back on how badly they shamed us for suggesting that they improve upon Glock "perfection."
Recover Tactical (1709) Ask if Glock stabilizer brace is compatible with 80% G26. Also ask what is the length of the brace arm from pistol back plate to end.
db-elwood- Hoplite Arms (61901) fondle new bolt action rifles. Take above the waist pictures only to exclude potential erections. Report back.
Rottenryan- Look for Vantage Arms or any info on the six 12 bullpup
mmalleck- Ruger (11940) Fondle the Ruger 57, report back
CommTillItHtz- Sig Sauer (12240, 12532) Examine Sig Cross for fit/finish/handling. Give overall impression
NotAMerc- SiOnyx (3548, L208) Night vision. Look for other night vision offerings also
Jukk0u- Magpul (10263, 10362) Inspect new pistol braces and report back. Attempt to snag beard hairs in "top holes" then file pain and suffering lawsuit against multi-billion dollar corp.
cmica- Precision rifle suppressors etc.

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

*constraints; unless he's being tied down?

Was hoping to see Meridian Defense there so you could tell us about the $2650 AK they offer. but no booth.

Maybe you'll get to shoot and tell us about Zastava USA's products? Do they come with canted sights or is that an addt'l fee? (really, I am curious how the US product measures up in genr'l)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:13 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jukk0u wrote:
*constraints; unless he's being tied down?

Was hoping to see Meridian Defense there so you could tell us about the $2650 AK they offer. but no booth.

Maybe you'll get to shoot and tell us about Zastava USA's products? Do they come with canted sights or is that an addt'l fee? (really, I am curious how the US product measures up in genr'l)

Although a range day map has not yet been released it doesn't appear Zastava USA will be there. I'll make a note of it just in case though.

We'd generally prefer not to approach a manufacturer with "hey, what's with all those canted sights? Did you put those on the US rifles too?" What questions or specific details would you like about the Zastava USA product?

**Booth 1050** (note for us, cuz can follow derekshuns)

Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fair question. But I really am curious if they have paid more attention to detail and refined the product up to and including the sight placement. While the MPAPs run well their bolt carriers look like they were milled with a hammer and chisel.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They still have booth girls in this chickenshit pussy PC world?

Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:12 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Arisaka wrote:

Mmhmmm. But I'll tell ya . . . there are some seriously hot, smart, and legitimate women in the world of guns, so sometimes you can't tell if you're walking up to a booth babe or the owner of the company.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:40 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MadPick wrote:
Arisaka wrote:

Mmhmmm. But I'll tell ya . . . there are some seriously hot, smart, and legitimate women in the world of guns, so sometimes you can't tell if you're walking up to a booth babe or the owner of the company.

To be fair those energy drink booth girls last year were pretty obvious. They might own some stock in botox but they for damn sure weren’t company owners! :ROFLMAO:

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:27 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Like I said . . . SOMETIMES you can't tell. Sometimes it's pretty clear. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:41 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MadPick wrote:
Like I said . . . SOMETIMES you can't tell. Sometimes it's pretty clear. :bigsmile:

Company owners in Lycra Camo?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Global Ordinance/Grand Power L219, 3017

Check for any news about how the A3 approval process is going

Also ask if they have a fix in the works for the mag issues they've been having

Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:59 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

RocketScott wrote:
Global Ordinance/Grand Power L219, 3017

Check for any news about how the A3 approval process is going

Also ask if they have a fix in the works for the mag issues they've been having

I’ll put it on the list. Thanks for your attention to detail Scott!

Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gibbz Arms (#4359) - I'm curious if they're going to have any new releases and/or enhancements of existing products (side-charging uppers, lowers, and handguards). BTW, if you haven't seen any of their stuff, check it out...I'm particularly fond of their G4 PDQ receiver sets.

Last edited by Guns4Liberty on Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Please tell Glock and others, that millions of 7.62x25 milsurp rounds in crates, as well as hundreds of thousands of non-corrosive 7.62x25 rounds made by S&B, Winchester, PPU, Wolf, Fiocci, Red Army and others, are still waiting for modern striker-firing double-stack red dot ready pistol!

Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pleeeeeeaaaase check out and report back, booth 61901 Hoplite Arms. I am (obviously) super interested to hear a hands on opinion of their new bolt action rifles.

Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Angstadt Arms 20156

MDP-9

Roller delayed 9mm on an AR receiver. Looks promising, but expensive. See if you can shoot it on range day and compare to the other 9mm sub guns

Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 175 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next