Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 darrington,wa pits 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I picked up a set of high def glasses for his birthday in June.

Fri May 17, 2019 4:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tomorrow i will be shooting up there with a friend from the Northwest Gun Forum.
I will get there first to get setup and pick up trash for a while until they get there.
They ate coming from Anacortes.

Fri May 31, 2019 5:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We went shooting up there until noon then had to cut out. My grandson has a birthday party to attend at 1pm.
We picked up three 5 gallon buckets of shotgun hulls .
Mason shot mostly 38 & 357. He did really good hitting clay pigeons on the bank. They were about 45 yards out.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:31 pm

Thanks for all you do up at the Darrington pits Dove Release. When I shoot up there I always pack out everything I brought and some of the other trash, but you definitely take it to the next level.

I've had a few safety issues up at the pits on my last visits, with people trying to set up behind me which I'm not a fan of. We've started setting up for 100 yards at the lower pit and taking the whole space to avoid accidentally catching a round from someone else. Always feels like we're hogging the space when we do though.

I avoid the second pit. Parking on the side of the road is rough and to be honest I'm too lazy to haul all of my gear in. If the lower pit is full we head up to a few FS spots 7 or 8 miles further in.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:25 am

For the record - Don't lock your keys in the truck, with the truck running, all of your guns inside and too much snow and ice on the ground to easily get help up to the pits.

Had to solve the problem with a rock ...

Attachment:
1234.jpg

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:29 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oooooh ... that sucks. icon_eek

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I very seldem go to them two pits that you are talking abot. Most of the time there is already people set up.
I had that smaller pit about cleaned up of the old shotgun hulls and steel rifle & pistol cases last fall and haven't been back there since. Everytime I went back it has been occupied.

I wired a extra key for the truck up under the box just in case I lose mine or if it gets locked in. I also have two complete seta of keeys at home for everything. One hidden outside and one in my gun room.
That sucks you had to break a window to get in.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took my grandson out shooting Saturday, we set up in the lower pit.

Around 7;30 we loaded up and collected some firewood for our camp fire. We stayed overnight by the bridge that crosses the river on the way to the pit. Some ass wipes left a shit load of garbage for us to cleas up. A whole feed bag full.

Sunday morning we went to Darrington to get something to eat and picked up some more coke & ice and went back to the pit and set up.in the upper pit.
Mid-afternoon some guy pulled in and wanted to set up next to us. After that ordeal with that tweeker i will not shoot next to people I don't know. I told him i didn't him to set up next to use and the bottom pit is empty. That's one thing I have never done, encroach upon people all ready set up .

We did pick up two feed bags full of garbage, a feed bag full of aluminum cans, a five gallen bucket of shotgun hulls, a five gallon bucket of steel rifle & pistol cases and 3/4 of a gallon paint can of brass.
We stayed up there until 7;30pm, got home about 8;12 and had to unload the truck.

Thin

Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4