Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:32 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Green water FS-70 

Went up last night, the pit was for the most part clean. Someone had bagged/boxed up some trash and it was stacked off to the side. If we had been in my truck I would have packed it out. Hopefully someone will.
Someone spray painted across the concrete barrier do not shoot at campsite. Not sure if they are talking about the sites back down the hill or not but that would be a pretty dumb individual to shoot in that direction.
We could also hear shooting not far away sounded like it was coming from our right as you gave the pit. Did not seem to come from the pit up on 72.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Clanmccoy wrote:
Went up last night, the pit was for the most part clean. Someone had bagged/boxed up some trash and it was stacked off to the side. If we had been in my truck I would have packed it out. Hopefully someone will.
Someone spray painted across the concrete barrier do not shoot at campsite. Not sure if they are talking about the sites back down the hill or not but that would be a pretty dumb individual to shoot in that direction.
We could also hear shooting not far away sounded like it was coming from our right as you gave the pit. Did not seem to come from the pit up on 72.

Well that is good to hear. I'm not sure if we're going to have another clean and shoot before the weather turns sour. I usually set it up but i just changed jobs so i don't have the time to put in the work. We've herd shots in that direction as well. Not sure of exactly where that area is though.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:00 pm

Anyone know if Green water is open?

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Was up there last Thursday it's open.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:30 pm

AWESOME! Thank you

Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is the pit stil open?
Tnx!

Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:11 pm

Last I heard the area was closed. Is that still true? I have a 10yrold boy who has been out a couple times there. I refuse to deal with the richard craniums at the sportsman's s in Puyallup. I'd also like to work on transition from rifle to pistol..... they don't like that there....

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Look 3 posts above your Polardaddy. :wink05:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:57 pm

Crap, if it was a snake..... lmao. Thnx

Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:14 pm

We were at the gravel pit today. It being a Saturday there were a lot of people up there it was good to see dads and their kids shooting. I took out more trash than I brought it, but I can see that there was a lot of other peoples junk left behind. Perhaps another clean up should be scheduled? Anyway it seemed open but there were more shooters than room at the pit and that led to people tooling off to other locations shooting wherever they feel like it.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ace wrote:
We were at the gravel pit today. It being a Saturday there were a lot of people up there it was good to see dads and their kids shooting. I took out more trash than I brought it, but I can see that there was a lot of other peoples junk left behind. Perhaps another clean up should be scheduled? Anyway it seemed open but there were more shooters than room at the pit and that led to people tooling off to other locations shooting wherever they feel like it.
Thanks for the update and info. Me and Steve usually setup the cleanups in that area but i've been behind. I've contacted the forest service the other day about setting up a cleanup. Currently waiting for a response. Me and Steve mentioned to them that shutting down 7013 would over crowd the other pit. Would you happen to have pictures of your shoot and what was your estimate headcount when you were there ?

Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:31 pm

Directions to Greenwater shooting site/sites?

Thanks!

Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:29 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rudedogreadiness wrote:
Directions to Greenwater shooting site/sites?

Thanks!

rangemap.html

Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:25 am
Profile WWW

MADrtcw wrote:
Ace wrote:
Thanks for the update and info. Me and Steve usually setup the cleanups in that area but i've been behind. I've contacted the forest service the other day about setting up a cleanup. Currently waiting for a response. Me and Steve mentioned to them that shutting down 7013 would over crowd the other pit. Would you happen to have pictures of your shoot and what was your estimate headcount when you were there ?

No pictures, but I’d say there were six vehicles parked in there with about 20 people. I saw a chrome bumper dumped out on the edge of the pit and a bunch of electrical waste all shot up. Couldn’t fit the bumper in the truck but I got a lot of the circuit boards guys should just bring a huge magnet on the next cleanup, must be a centry’s worth of steel cases on the ground. People weren’t just at the pit shooting though. We had a bunch of people on the side roads pulled over and shooting into any old hillside they could find.

Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:40 pm

Haven't been out to this pit yet, does anybody know the longest distance at which you can shoot there?

On the overheads, it looks like about 100mtrs from the "line" to the rocks, maybe 150 to the very edge of the clearing, but I can't tell what the useable backstop is.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next