Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Latest email on 1639 
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Received this email from WA DOL a few minutes ago...

"We hear you
We are committed to delivering on our agency purpose statement Helping Washington Resident Live, Work, Drive and Thrive and living our values of Respect, Trust, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Thank you for providing valuable feedback on how we can better communicate about the changes that impact your business and customers. You have reached out to us through email, phone calls and the recent public hearing for rulemaking. You asked us to provide more communication and better clarification on the changes resulting from I-1639. We will continue to do this over the coming days and weeks. We will send updates and information in email and post to our website. Please continue to let us know what is and isn’t working for you.
Semiautomatic Assault Rifle Processing Fee
On June 4, 2019 we held a rules hearing about the fee for semiautomatic assault rifle transfers. Included is the concise explanatory statement responding to all the comments. There were also a number of questions not related to the fee we want to share with you. For questions we do not have jurisdiction we are providing the applicable laws and rules.
Q. Clarify sending in a check for Semiautomatic Assault Rifle (SAR) Sales and Transfers?

A. Firearm dealers must collect the $18 processing fee upon completion of the sale or transfer of a semiautomatic assault rifle. The fee must be mailed to DOL with the firearm transfer application within 7 days after delivery of the firearm. The checks can come from you or customer. You may issue one check that covers multiple SAR transfers.
Questions regarding the poster or handout?
By now, you should have received the mailing from us containing the warning sign required by RCW 9.41.365 along with posting instructions. Here is a breakdown of the section which includes additional clarification from us:
RCW 9.41.365 (2) Firearm security and storage—Requirements for dealers. (Effective July 1, 2019.)
Requires Washington firearm dealers to display a poster supplied by us, the Department of Licensing (DOL). We mailed the signs and guidance for posting to each firearm dealer in the State the first week of June. If you have not received yours or you need additional signs please contact the DOL Firearms Program at firearms@dol.wa.gov or (360) 664-661 and we will get it out to you right away.
RCW 9.41.365 (3) requires Washington firearms dealers to provide a handout to customers purchasing or transferring a firearm. We included a handout in the sign mailing that meets this requirement for your convenience. By July 1, 2019 the template for this handout will be available on our website for download. You are not required to use this specific handout and may choose another option that better meets the needs of your business and is compliant with section RCW 9.41.365(3).
Q. What is DOL’s role regarding the training requirements for the SAR purchase?
A. DOL does not have authority or role in the training requirements laid out in the Initiative. As a courtesy, DOL included a buyer/transferee attestation on the updated firearm transfer application. Details on who can conduct the training along with the minimum training requirements can be found in RCW 9.41.090(2).

When will you hear more?
Between now and July 1st we will continue to send weekly updates with clarifying information. Continue to send your questions to firearms@dol.wa.gov.

JR & Bruce
DOL FIREARMS UNIT
Business and Professions Division
Public Protection Services Section
Washington State Department of Licensing
Phone: 360.664.6611
Firearms@dol.wa.gov | dol.wa.gov

Helping every Washington resident live, work, drive, and thrive.

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the DOL Blog!"

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:46 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for posting that, Randy.

So for the training, as expected, the answer is: "Stop asking us, read the law and follow it." thumbsup

So really, it's up to the FFL to decide if a particular certificate and class meets the requirements.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ah yes, the obligatory Orwellian double-speak:
Quote:
We are committed to delivering on our agency purpose statement Helping Washington Resident Live, Work, Drive and Thrive and living our values of Respect, Trust, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.

Contrasted with:
Article 1, Section 24, WA Constitution: "[t]he right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.”

And Amendment 2, Bill of Rights, US Constitution: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Gotta say, as a gun owner continually having my 2nd Amendment and Washington Constitutional Rights to own guns infringed upon and impaired, I find these agency promises quite hollow...

We have now got exhaustive and/or punitive excessive restrictions, taxation, licensing, permission requirements, waiting periods, and hassles to own guns, store guns, carry guns, etc...

Not feeling the values of "respect, trust, diversity, equity, or inclusion...". More like total disrespect for the federal and state law and centuries of tradition of freedom, attacks on liberty and views of freedoms, exclusion of my views of liberty and freedom, and a lack of any true diversity of thought when gun owners are effectively punished and driven out...

Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:30 pm

I for one welcome our liberal fascist overlords...............

Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:16 pm

Indeed, "diversity", except for gun owners are not included.....yep.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

these fuckstain democraps and law makers need to get "THEIR" head checked out

fuck this bullshit, my hunters ed is enough

Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ace wrote:

To Serve Man

Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:33 pm

Quote:
DOL FIREARMS UNIT
Business and Professions Division
Public Protection Services Section
Washington State Department of Licensing

wtf is that

I feel better knowing that the DOL bureaucracy is protecting the public.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Ace wrote:

To Serve Man

Was that from Twilight Zone or Outer Limits??

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jeezus christ on a crutch. Now the FFL's are arguing between themselves on whether or not online certificates will be accepted or not.
What a clusterfuck. :bitchfight:

Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You can get assault rifles in WA?

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
You can get assault rifles in WA?

According to the assholes in Oly. I had a whole safe full. You know, before that horrible boating accident(s).

Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pay that $18.00 fee in pennies. If they refuse to accept a legal tender, be sure to have a letter ready for them to sign stating they refused to accept payment. Make sure pennies are loose in a container.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

vic_b wrote:
Pay that $18.00 fee in pennies. If they refuse to accept a legal tender, be sure to have a letter ready for them to sign stating they refused to accept payment. Make sure pennies are loose in a container.

Once again the FFL is the being punished here.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
vic_b wrote:

Once again the FFL is the being punished here.

Not really. They will be complying with law. Bring pennies in neatly rolled up from the bank, customer unwraps them and puts them in bag. FFL drops them off or ships to dol. I would pay the shipping just to be able to do that to them.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next