Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Gun shop Wait Times 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So if 10 days actually equals 14 days then does 20 days equal 28?

Member:
2nd Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Firearms Policy Coalition
Silent Majority Foundation
NRA

Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

EmbraceTheEdge wrote:
So if 10 days actually equals 14 days then does 20 days equal 28?

It's the new common core math at work. :ffight:

Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:16 pm
FFL / Dealer

chunkyhenry wrote:
Alright before this thread completely de-rails here's my list of shops I KNOW will transfer after 10 days and NOT wait until they get a proceed:

Fall City Firearms (Fall City) 10 days for all customers

Brad's Guns (Lake Tapps) 10 for returning customers

Precise Shooter (Lynnwood) 10 days for all customers

West Coast Armory (Bellevue) 10 days for all customers

Cardinal Northwest LLC (Algona) 10 days for all customers

This data is actually useful and I'd love to get it up to date on the current FFL list stickies. Can anyone chime in with more confirmed FFLs? I'll be reaching out to mine (Waffenfabrik) today.

Manhattan Project Armory (Richland) 10 days for all customers

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:11 am

After 10 days have ***elapsed*** so that means on the 11th day.
I'm going to say 15 days at the high end because Sat and Sun aren't business days in which state offices are open, and we're closed on Sunday and Monday.

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:06 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

RadioactiveSourdough wrote:
chunkyhenry wrote:
Alright before this thread completely de-rails here's my list of shops I KNOW will transfer after 10 days and NOT wait until they get a proceed:

Cardinal Northwest LLC (Algona) 10 business days for all customers, per the law.

This data is actually useful and I'd love to get it up to date on the current FFL list stickies. Can anyone chime in with more confirmed FFLs? I'll be reaching out to mine (Waffenfabrik) today.

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The purpose of I-1639 is to make firearm transfers so bothersome as to restrict the purchase of said firearms by law abiding owners. Therefore fewer companies will remain in the market and someday we will only be able to buy from a few big box stores like Cabelas or Bass Pro and have to deal with them.

Support small owners like Brad while you can.

I used to visit a small town while visiting my Dad while he was alive. There was a small shop that really catered to people, but people like myself wanted to save a few bucks and shop at Wal Mart. Boy I am sorry I ever did. I should have supported that small business all I could because Wal Mart is pretty much that small town (and area) has now.

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

chunkyhenry wrote:

Cardinal Northwest LLC (Algona) 10 business days for all customers, per the law.

2nd Amendment Industries (Bellevue) 10 business days for all customers

Adding 2A Industries, per their email blast this morning.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With the caveat that these were not conversations with the owners of the stores:

Big Js in Orting: Will transfer after 10 days.
MD Firearms in Tacoma (under Bullseye): Will wait until receiving a proceed. They also said the form for requesting a background check doesn't list receivers, so they won't be able to sell receivers (I have no clue if that's the case or not).
Surplus Ammo and Arms in Tacoma: Will wait until receiving a proceed.

Will post more when/if I have more.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Saa is still there? Thought they were moving to MT.

That place jerked me around when I was going to drop 4k on suppressors a few years back. Wound up canceling the whole order and haven't been back. Doesn't surprise me they'd go even dumber now.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

scrid2000 wrote:
With the caveat that these were not conversations with the owners of the stores:

Big Js in Orting: Will transfer after 10 days.
MD Firearms in Tacoma (under Bullseye): Will wait until receiving a proceed. They also said the form for requesting a background check doesn't list receivers, so they won't be able to sell receivers (I have no clue if that's the case or not).
Surplus Ammo and Arms in Tacoma: Will wait until receiving a proceed.

Will post more when/if I have more.

Another good time to remind folks that receivers aren't firearms according to state law. If you can't fire a round with it, it isn't a firearm of any sorts under WA state RCW's. It may be the reason why they aren't listed on the form. Which means 594 does not apply to receivers, and, according to my 3 months of community college in an entirely unrelated field, neither does 1639. Pass em around like bottle of jack. Who cares?

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:
Another good time to remind folks that receivers aren't firearms according to state law. If you can't fire a round with it, it isn't a firearm of any sorts under WA state RCW's. It may be the reason why they aren't listed on the form. Which means 594 does not apply to receivers, and, according to my 3 months of community college in an entirely unrelated field, neither does 1639. Pass em around like bottle of jack. Who cares?

I approve of this message.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:02 pm

Pvanderzee wrote:

Every stripped lower I’ve purchased from every FFL here has been processed like a pistol. NICS plus CPL check. 1639 obviously doesn’t apply because a stripped lower isn’t a semi auto (nothing cycling rounds) rifle (no stock and rifled barrel), but every other restriction does, or at least all of the half dozen or so FFLs from which I’ve purchased stripped lowers think they do.

If you have some legal gymnastics that would allow stripped lowers to circumvent anything, I would love to hear about it. Do you mean private party transfers only?

Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dunno wrote:
Do you mean private party transfers only?

Correct. That is what is being discussed.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dunno wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:

Every stripped lower I’ve purchased from every FFL here has been processed like a pistol. NICS plus CPL check. 1639 obviously doesn’t apply because a stripped lower isn’t a semi auto (nothing cycling rounds) rifle (no stock and rifled barrel), but every other restriction does, or at least all of the half dozen or so FFLs from which I’ve purchased stripped lowers think they do.

If you have some legal gymnastics that would allow stripped lowers to circumvent anything, I would love to hear about it. Do you mean private party transfers only?

If your FFL is running lowers as pistols, they are doing it wrong. If there is no bore, it can't be anything except "other" on a 4473, regardless of furniture. Even a Glock receiver is an "other" until it gets a slide and barrel. A "chamber" and "bore" are integral parts of the federal definition of a pistol. No barrel means no bore or chamber. They still get a check because all firearms sold by dealers get a 4473. That's federal law, and a lower is still a firearm under federal definitions. Federal definitions have receivers specifically mentioned because otherwise they wouldn't fit. State definitions have no such wording and, as such, state laws referencing firearms don't include receivers, as they reference state definitions, not federal definitions. So yes, private party transfers of receivers are not subject to 594, and the new form that came with 1639 likely doesn't include receivers because of the reason stated above.

ex:
WA state definition of 'firearm', R.C.W. 9.41.010: "Firearm" means a weapon or device from which a projectile or projectiles may be fired by an explosive such as gunpowder. "Firearm" does not include a flare gun or other pyrotechnic visual distress signaling device, or a powder-actuated tool or other device designed solely to be used for construction purposes.

GCA (federal) definition of 'firearm':
1. Any weapon (including a starter gun) which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive;
2. The frame or receiver of any such weapon;
3. Any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or
4. Any destructive device.

Part in bold is what I'm referring to. Nothing of the sort exists in the above state RCW, which contains definitions for the different kinds of firearms.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:06 pm

Pvanderzee wrote:
If your FFL is running lowers as pistols, they are doing it wrong. If there is no bore, it can't be anything except "other" on a 4473, regardless of furniture. Even a Glock receiver is an "other" until it gets a slide and barrel. A "chamber" and "bore" are integral parts of the federal definition of a pistol. No barrel means no bore or chamber. They still get a check because all firearms sold by dealers get a 4473. That's federal law, and a lower is still a firearm under federal definitions. Federal definitions have receivers specifically mentioned because otherwise they wouldn't fit. State definitions have no such wording and, as such, state laws referencing firearms don't include receivers, as they reference state definitions, not federal definitions. So yes, private party transfers of receivers are not subject to 594, and the new form that came with 1639 likely doesn't include receivers because of the reason stated above.

ex:
WA state definition of 'firearm', R.C.W. 9.41.010: "Firearm" means a weapon or device from which a projectile or projectiles may be fired by an explosive such as gunpowder. "Firearm" does not include a flare gun or other pyrotechnic visual distress signaling device, or a powder-actuated tool or other device designed solely to be used for construction purposes.

GCA (federal) definition of 'firearm':
1. Any weapon (including a starter gun) which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive;
2. The frame or receiver of any such weapon;
3. Any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or
4. Any destructive device.

Part in bold is what I'm referring to. Nothing of the sort exists in the above state RCW, which contains definitions for the different kinds of firearms.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. By “like a pistol,” I meant that they’ve checked CPL and NICS rather than the state/local checks with the 10 day wait like is done for pistols, not that they marked “pistol” on the 4473.

Are you saying that stripped lowers should not be subject to pistol restrictions, and thus the 10 day wait on local PD checks, as is the subject of this thread?

Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next