Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:18 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Gun shop Wait Times 
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Old Growth wrote:

I am expected to follow the law, I expect the vendor to also. Thats not a complicated request.

I have those same expectations when I'm hunting on public land where dogs are required to be leashed. Yet, dog owners will come out to recreate and un-leash their dogs, allowing them to run anywhere they choose to. Also, pooping where ever they choose to.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Fri May 17, 2019 10:41 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
Old Growth wrote:

I am expected to follow the law, I expect the vendor to also. Thats not a complicated request.

I have those same expectations when I'm hunting on public land where dogs are required to be leashed. Yet, dog owners will come out to recreate and un-leash their dogs, allowing them to run anywhere they choose to. Also, pooping where ever they choose to.

A-a-and another thread goes to sh!t... (Just kidding, Dana, I agree.)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri May 17, 2019 10:56 am

jukk0u wrote:
dreadi wrote:
Old Growth wrote:

A-a-and another thread goes to sh!t... (Just kidding, Dana, I agree.)
:rofl9:

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Fri May 17, 2019 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
Im not looking to stir things up in a bad way but...

Oh, cool, we can have a discu...
Old Growth wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
He's found a decent policy in a flawed system.

Was Dicks 21 yo policy decent? :popcorn:

So now you're comparing Brad's to Dick's?
I've been to Dick's, I've seen Dick's, I used to buy Dick's. Brad's is not Dick's

Not comparing the two as BIZZs or people.

Im comparing the idea of a POLICY that is NOT state law. I was comparing the example of policy (not law) change and the hypocrisy that follows.

Dicks chose to enact a policy of raising the age to what THEY thought was a safer limit than the LAW did. Our group chose not only to NOT support them but to openly boycott them. Is that OK behavior?

Now when another bizz chooses to enact a policy of EXTENDING the waiting period to what THEY think is a safer time/term than the LAW, that is acceptable?

Would it have been different if Dicks was a supporting/active vendor here?

Its not acceptable to me. Im not singling out ANY one shop. Whether its in Bonney Lake or in federal way or Vancouver, I will not buy or transfer if they state they will hold until they get a proceed, not just the 10 days.

Im done defending my beliefs here. This is my last post in the thread.

I think a TON of remaining silent agree and feel the same as I do. I can only hope the remaining shops we have left can listen to the message being sent.

I completely agree with you and guns4liberty. I will not be purchasing anything from any Ffl who is going to hold my firearm more than the maximum 10 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri May 17, 2019 12:39 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Old Growth wrote:
Dicks chose to enact a policy of raising the age to what THEY thought was a safer limit than the LAW did. Our group chose not only to NOT support them but to openly boycott them. Is that OK behavior?

Well . . . Dick's biggest issue wasn't a policy that they set for themselves, it as when they hired a fucking lobbyist to advocate for gun control!

MyNameIs940 wrote:
I completely agree with you and guns4liberty. I will not be purchasing anything from any Ffl who is going to hold my firearm more than the maximum 10 days.

It's easy to make grand statements now, but once we hit July 1st we'll have to see what each FFL's policy is, and choose the best that we have available. Hopefully many of them WILL adhere to the 10-day window.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri May 17, 2019 4:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
It's easy to make grand statements now, but once we hit July 1st we'll have to see what each FFL's policy is, and choose the best that we have available. Hopefully many of them WILL adhere to the 10-day window.

This

That's why I said Brad's made a decent policy. Who knows how this is going to shake out, it's better to under promise and over deliver

I plan to go buy a lower or two come July 1, from Brad. If/when things go sideways I'm not going to be calling him to fix it

The normal phrase I would use is 'blowing up the phone' at my legislators office, but I don't want to be put on a/nother watch list

Fri May 17, 2019 8:06 pm

Lots of good input here. I really appreciate all of the support. I know a ton of people are angry, including myself. Guys, I am on your side and Brads Guns is definitely not some stupid fudd company like Dicks. I think I might even talk to an attorney and get their opinion on this. I agree that if I give someone a pistol that's waited 10 business days with no response, but then get a denial at day 15, it's local PD's fault not mine. And the good guys should never be punished with an even longer wait just because local PD is not doing their job. After reading all of the comments I'm definitely re-thinking things.

17008 Forest Canyon RD E
Lake Tapps, Wa. 98391

Mon May 20, 2019 6:03 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Brads Guns & Ammo wrote:
Guys, I am on your side and Brads Guns is definitely not some stupid fudd company like Dicks.

Absolutely. :thumbsup2:

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon May 20, 2019 7:50 pm

Couldn't agree more, Brad

Tue May 21, 2019 7:32 am
Profile WWW

Massivedesign wrote:
heymagic wrote:
Wa,gov is about 500,000 transfers behind I've heard. NICS doesn't ever have to answer a request. Delayed forever isn't much different in reality than denied. If gubmint makes a law we have to wait 10 days then the other 1/2 the story should be they must respond in that 10 day period also. This is stuff Olympia doesn't even consider or care about. They put all the burden and discomfort on LEO , FFL and purchasers.

Hang in there Brad , you have always seemed to be a great guy in my mind.

Here is what we need to do. In the first week of July, go to a gun store and buy a gun.. Flood the system. Also, take a buddy and sell him a gun, then an hour later, have him sell you a gun. Flood the system. Thousands of gun owners (which is a small percentage) doing this would break the whole system.

All it would do is slow the system down to a snails pace, it's broken already.

Fri May 24, 2019 6:20 am

Alright before this thread completely de-rails here's my list of shops I KNOW will transfer after 10 days and NOT wait until they get a proceed:

Fall City Firearms (Fall City) 10 days for all customers

Brad's Guns (Lake Tapps) 10 for returning customers

Precise Shooter (Lynnwood) 10 days for all customers

West Coast Armory (Bellevue) 10 days for all customers

Cardinal Northwest LLC (Algona) 10 days for all customers

This data is actually useful and I'd love to get it up to date on the current FFL list stickies. Can anyone chime in with more confirmed FFLs? I'll be reaching out to mine (Waffenfabrik) today.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:52 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Thinking its gonna force transactions further underground.

Buyer doesn't want to wait up to a month ...

neither does seller.

Hey, lets Write a law...one that may change things.

Prerequisite...

Make it mandatory if you want to be a politician you must have a B Grade or higher in one year of college level economics.

A REAL college ..not some evergreen state bullshit.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:47 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

chunkyhenry wrote:
Alright before this thread completely de-rails here's my list of shops I KNOW will transfer after 10 days and NOT wait until they get a proceed:

Fall City Firearms (Fall City) 10 days for all customers

Brad's Guns (Lake Tapps) 10 for returning customers

Precise Shooter (Lynnwood) 10 days for all customers

West Coast Armory (Bellevue) 10 days for all customers

Cardinal Northwest LLC (Algona) 10 days for all customers

This data is actually useful and I'd love to get it up to date on the current FFL list stickies. Can anyone chime in with more confirmed FFLs? I'll be reaching out to mine (Waffenfabrik) today.

:bow:

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Please do re-think things Brad. I am encouraged that you are re-thinking things now as you said above. I just stopped by yesterday and bought several guns from you. Not trying to be rude but if I had known about the 20 day policy for first-time customers I would not have done that. I have studiously avoided going to Low Price Guns in Bellevue after their silly media stunt despite having been a customer there for years. Now, I'm not directly comparing you to them because you didn't call up the news and make a jerk out of yourself the way Jason did but as you said, the law is the law and your policy is an add-on on top of what the bare law requires. If you wait 10 days and release then you are following the law. If there's a problem it's the government's fault, not yours. First-time gun buyers or people new to your business shouldn't be treated less equally under the law.

The moment anti-gun agencies find out that businesses will get nervous and stop releasing on time if the PDs/SOs delay a response is the moment those responses start getting pushed out to months with the agencies in question smugly crossing their arms and saying "go get a writ of mandamus" and laughing at FFLs and gun owners as the gun industry dies in certain areas like how it died in Seattle due to the tax (similar outcome, different cause).

I'm not a lawyer, however I have worked in national and state legislatures. From reading the law it seems clear:you have no apparently liability after 10 days. If you transfer to someone who was impermissible after 10 days, as you said, that isn't your fault. This is an obvious weakness baked in to the law that the antis are hoping will cause things exactly like this. As Guns4Liberty said earlier, 20 days is arbitrary and if all FFLs or even a majority start doing this then the agencies will keep stretching out their response times and this will get even worse.

You run a great shop Brad and I like you, please reconsider. We need to stand together and follow the laws to the bare minimum. These arbitrary add-ons may even inspire legislators to make your policy state-wide law the way they took LPG's crazy policy in Bellevue as local/state support for the 21 year age rule. You do not want to be the FFL quoted by Jamie Pedersen or Reueven Carlyle the next time they write an anti-gun bill to make waiting periods 20 days when they say "see, some FFLs are already voluntarily doing this, so it can't be that awful."

I am hoping for the best. You have always run a great shop Brad and I hope to continue to be a customer for years to come.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:49 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Alpine wrote:
Please do re-think things Brad. I am encouraged that you are re-thinking things now as you said above. I just stopped by yesterday and bought several guns from you. Not trying to be rude but if I had known about the 20 day policy for first-time customers I would not have done that. I have studiously avoided going to Low Price Guns in Bellevue after their silly media stunt despite having been a customer there for years. Now, I'm not directly comparing you to them because you didn't call up the news and make a jerk out of yourself the way Jason did but as you said, the law is the law and your policy is an add-on on top of what the bare law requires. If you wait 10 days and release then you are following the law. If there's a problem it's the government's fault, not yours. First-time gun buyers or people new to your business shouldn't be treated less equally under the law.

The moment anti-gun agencies find out that businesses will get nervous and stop releasing on time if the PDs/SOs delay a response is the moment those responses start getting pushed out to months with the agencies in question smugly crossing their arms and saying "go get a writ of mandamus" and laughing at FFLs and gun owners as the gun industry dies in certain areas like how it died in Seattle due to the tax (similar outcome, different cause).

I'm not a lawyer, however I have worked in national and state legislatures. From reading the law it seems clear:you have no apparently liability after 10 days. If you transfer to someone who was impermissible after 10 days, as you said, that isn't your fault. This is an obvious weakness baked in to the law that the antis are hoping will cause things exactly like this. As Guns4Liberty said earlier, 20 days is arbitrary and if all FFLs or even a majority start doing this then the agencies will keep stretching out their response times and this will get even worse.

You run a great shop Brad and I like you, please reconsider. We need to stand together and follow the laws to the bare minimum. These arbitrary add-ons may even inspire legislators to make your policy state-wide law the way they took LPG's crazy policy in Bellevue as local/state support for the 21 year age rule. You do not want to be the FFL quoted by Jamie Pedersen or Reueven Carlyle the next time they write an anti-gun bill to make waiting periods 20 days when they say "see, some FFLs are already voluntarily doing this, so it can't be that awful."

I am hoping for the best. You have always run a great shop Brad and I hope to continue to be a customer for years to come.

Good thoughts and very well said.
I haven't shopped at Brad's because of distance, but have always had a good impression based on reviews here, and also on the thoughtful posts that Brad himself makes.

Back in the good old days, we gun owners self-policed private sales. We openly discussed how we assessed a potential buyer, and if the buyer was sketchy we didn't go through with the sale.
I've been under the impression that gun store owners do the same... is that true? Obviously NO system is perfect, BGC or a seller going on intuition based on appearance, attitude, persona.

Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next