Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1012, 1013, 1014, 1015, 1016, 1017, 1018 ... 1549  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OldsRocket442 wrote:
Went to late lunch at the Red Robin my daughter works at and had this when my food arrived.

:thumbsup2:

Wed May 15, 2019 3:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Wed May 15, 2019 6:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have been bugging my neighbor to let me buy this late 30s Yates W-20 wood lathe. Sunday he finally caved. 200 bucks and I brought it home. It has a variable speed drive that ranges from 800 to 4000 RPMs using a Reeves Drive variable speed mechanism. Basically two pulleys, one gets larger as one gets small and vice versa. My plan is to restore it and use it. This was a Cadillac of lathes in the 30s. Cost 70 bucks, which is about 1300 bucks today. A comparable Grizzly is 550. I may start a thread once I start the restoration. The bottom pic is one with a stand that was a factory option. I hope to find one but it will be tough, there were pretty uncommon.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Wed May 15, 2019 6:37 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Everyone has to make a living, I get that.
BUT there is a point where it amounts to ripping people off.

Drivers window in my 2002 Silverado wouldn't go down. Needs a regulator.
Shop quoted me $200 for the regulator, and an hour and a half labor, so just under $400 after tax.
So I looked at a couple Youtube videos, printed off instructions, and bought one on Ebay with free shipping.
Me and my son replaced the regulator ourselves in less than an hour, and we had never done one before. Cost: $27, saved about $350

Figured I would also upgrade the stereo and speakers while I had the door apart.
Best buy charges $100/pair for speaker installation, then charges for adapters and such.
Best buy does free stereo installation, but nickle and dimes you on the adapters, cables, $24.95 for an antenna adapter, $200 for panel adapter, $75 for wiring.....so for 2 pairs of speakers and stereo installation that's over $550 in gravy without the cost of the stereo and speakers! Fuck that shit!

Went to Crutchfield, ordered a JVC CD/Blutooth/AUX/ deck and 2 pair of 6.5" JVC speakers.
Came with all of the adapters and wires for FREE, as well as an 800 tech support line (I didn't need) and detailed instructions.
Total cost was under $200 as the deck was on sale, and so were the speakers, plus if you bought JVC speakers with the deck, you got them for half price. Equipment cost about half what it would have at Best Buy.

So by doing this shit myself in a Home Depot parking lot, in 2 hours I saved about $1,000. :thumbsup2:

Thu May 16, 2019 10:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

4WD functionality restored and truck unstuck!

Turns out there is a little "balloon" type actuator that locks the front driveshaft to the differential - fails often if internet lore is to be believed. Easy fix - 10 minutes and done.

Mind you I was on my back in a swampy bog so got super muddy and chilled to the bone - quick dip in the hot tub got me right.

Fri May 17, 2019 12:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:

Turns out there is a little "balloon" type actuator that locks the front driveshaft to the differential - fails often if internet lore is to be believed. Easy fix - 10 minutes and done.

Mind you I was on my back in a swampy bog so got super muddy and chilled to the bone - quick dip in the hot tub got me right.

Gonna leave the mud in the hot tub for the wife to clean up? :wink05: :ROFLMAO:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri May 17, 2019 12:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Everyone has to make a living, I get that.
BUT there is a point where it amounts to ripping people off.

SNIP

So by doing this shit myself in a Home Depot parking lot, in 2 hours I saved about $1,000. :thumbsup2:

Right, my hot tub acting up - even though under warranty they want a $290 "travel charge" to come from Renton and a $200 diagnostic charge and $90/hr labor. Pretty sure it's a $40 pressure switch.

Fri May 17, 2019 12:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
SporkBoy wrote:

Things got filters - they got their job.

Fri May 17, 2019 12:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:
Selador wrote:
SporkBoy wrote:

Things got filters - they got their job.

I expected something more along the lines of telling her the dog must have diarrhea. :ROFLMAO:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri May 17, 2019 1:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got the Model TT nearly ready to start up! Couple things here and there, and we will see if she fires!

Fri May 17, 2019 1:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thurston County Sheriff’s deputies say a man who forced his way into a home near Tumwater Friday afternoon and was shot by the homeowner is expected to survive.

The shooting happened about 12:30 p.m. Friday on Tennis Court Southwest off Fairview Road Southwest at the south end of Black Lake.

The homeowner discovered the man taking food out of a refrigerator on the home’s back porch, said Lt. Tim Rudloff. The homeowner told the man to leave but he refused and forced his way into the house.

That is when the homeowner took out a gun and shot him once in the chest. The man was taken to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia.

https://www.theolympian.com/news/local/ ... 40499.html?

Fri May 17, 2019 3:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Thurston County Sheriff’s deputies say a man who forced his way into a home near Tumwater Friday afternoon and was shot by the homeowner is expected to survive.

The shooting happened about 12:30 p.m. Friday on Tennis Court Southwest off Fairview Road Southwest at the south end of Black Lake.

The homeowner discovered the man taking food out of a refrigerator on the home’s back porch, said Lt. Tim Rudloff. The homeowner told the man to leave but he refused and forced his way into the house.

That is when the homeowner took out a gun and shot him once in the chest. The man was taken to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia.

Caliber too small?

Fri May 17, 2019 6:37 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

AR15L wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

Caliber too small?

In addition to the small caliber, perhaps the Tool of Freedom malfunctioned as well?

Fri May 17, 2019 6:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
AR15L wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

Caliber too small?

In addition to the small caliber, perhaps the Tool of Freedom malfunctioned as well?

Mozambique every time.

Fri May 17, 2019 6:42 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Picked up a 1919 or 1920 Commercial Luger, cheap....its broken.

did the "my new luggie" googlie....

Hoping it was a $12K Kreighoff but.

Nope

Its way keewel tho :thumbsup2:

Fits my spare P08 holster fan freakin tastic.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri May 17, 2019 8:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1012, 1013, 1014, 1015, 1016, 1017, 1018 ... 1549  Next