Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Bug Out Vehicles 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hilariously I suggested a Chevy Volt as being a pretty good bug out vehicle. Given it is a long range EV plug in hybrid that charges off 110v, you have a lot of flexibility between energy sources. You might run into situations where there is electricity but no gas, and unlike a pure EV if you can find gas you can run off it for about 350 odd some miles efficiently. In addition mine has a 110 1000w inverter that allows me to power whatever off of it for about 14 hours straight on constant draw.

I wish Chevy took that technology to other platforms, I think the ideal might be some kind of compact pickup truck like a Ranger or Colorado with about 30 miles of range + diesel flex fuel.

Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Volt iz only good as a BOV if the roads are clear and it's sunny outside :ROFLMAO:
it won't even be able to hop a curb

Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:45 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

bubblewhip wrote:
Hilariously I suggested a Chevy Volt as being a pretty good bug out vehicle. Given it is a long range EV plug in hybrid that charges off 110v, you have a lot of flexibility between energy sources. You might run into situations where there is electricity but no gas, and unlike a pure EV if you can find gas you can run off it for about 350 odd some miles efficiently. In addition mine has a 110 1000w inverter that allows me to power whatever off of it for about 14 hours straight on constant draw.

I wish Chevy took that technology to other platforms, I think the ideal might be some kind of compact pickup truck like a Ranger or Colorado with about 30 miles of range + diesel flex fuel.

Interesting suggestion! Definitely not what first comes to mind when thinking about bug out vehicles but as far as range and fuel versatility it certainly has some advantages!

Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:50 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

movingviolation wrote:
Volt iz only good as a BOV if the roads are clear and it's sunny outside :ROFLMAO:
it won't even be able to hop a curb

Sure, but like he mentioned if the same hybrid with EV only technology were applied to something with 4wd and some ground clearance it could be pretty advantageous. I have a buddy with a Volt who commutes in it and tries to hypermile by running EV only all the time. He said in his first year he only went through 2 tanks of gas, and that was because the car has a feature that makes you use the gas engine after a long period of EV only so the gas doesn't go bad in the tank.

EV could also be an advantage if you want to run as quietly as possible through an area.

Get a quad cab 4wd pickup like he mentioned (ranger/colorado) with hybrid and EV only option you could carry people and cargo through most environments. Put a canopy on the back and you have a sleeping area. Increased range and decreased fuel reliance. IMO interesting option.

Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Armored 2015 Ford Excursion limo
$84,000
4022 miles
PRICE REDUCED! King of Jordan's personal Limo from the Embassy! 360 degree Armour, reinforced floor, 3inch bullet proof glass just to start! Luxury interior with multiple cameras for in and outside of the vehicle, DVD players with 15 inch drop down screens, messaging chairs with heat, navigation, and so much more! Original build was over $620,000 new! If you're client is looking for comfort, luxury, and full protection then this bullet proof excursion is exactly what you need! If it was good enough for Royalty it should be better for you! See the King arrive at the White House here.

https://youtu.be/8TPtLmZWQsc

More details:
https://www.prestigeautocredit.com
VIN:1FMNU43SX5ED44536Stock: C2098

Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
I always thought a garbage truck would be a good base for a BOV.

That’s actually not a bad idea. Up armor it, access between sections....

Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:58 pm

Attachment:
IMG_20150113_093542.jpg

While you are paying attention to the cute dog, your bov disappears.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.americanpartisan.org/2020/1 ... execution/

I have been asked numerous times what I consider to be the necessary attributes in a “Survival” vehicle. My first question is “What are you ‘surviving’?” Usually, the response is “Well, the SHTF of course.” Considering that everything in survival is about compromising and prioritizing to one degree or another, the conversation usually heads into:

1) What they can afford? If you can’t get it, it’s mental masturbation.
2) Where they plan on having to go? You have a plan, right?
3) Who/What they need to carry? They know what the plan is, right?
4) What do they see as the possible threats they will encounter ? Realistically, not Mad Max, or The Walking Dead.
5) What upgrades to the vehicle do they need to accomplish the task? Within a budget, right?

Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
https://www.americanpartisan.org/2020/12/survival-vehicles-concepts-and-execution/

I have been asked numerous times what I consider to be the necessary attributes in a “Survival” vehicle. My first question is “What are you ‘surviving’?” Usually, the response is “Well, the SHTF of course.” Considering that everything in survival is about compromising and prioritizing to one degree or another, the conversation usually heads into:

1) What they can afford? If you can’t get it, it’s mental masturbation.
2) Where they plan on having to go? You have a plan, right?
3) Who/What they need to carry? They know what the plan is, right?
4) What do they see as the possible threats they will encounter ? Realistically, not Mad Max, or The Walking Dead.
5) What upgrades to the vehicle do they need to accomplish the task? Within a budget, right?

Bug out vehicles are a fun topic and perhaps a better-than-useless way to spend your disposable income, but you have to be realistic.

I explored this as much as I could without getting repetitive in my first book.

The only intellectually honest "bugout vehicle" is either a) anything that gets you, your loved ones, and your gear to your bug out location or, much worse, b) a trailer you can live out of in the wilderness while things 'blow over' or you can 'figure things out'.

Everything else is either delaying the inevitable or forces you to kill others and/or steal their stuff. If there is a great place to go, it's either heavily defended or hundreds of other people are already there trying to do the same thing as you.

Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hummer woth thermal vision enhancements:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/202 ... o-drs-dve/

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Honestly? The BOV thing isn't realistic.

Where are you going to "Bug out" too, The Mountains? :ROFLMAO: Yeah, you and a Million other People all trying to do it at the same time.

In a true Catastrophe situation, or if Missiles are incoming, (Yeah, like .Gov would tell you) you aren't going anywhere unless you have a serious tracked vehicle, the fuel and range to get to the Mountains, and a heavily armed Platoon (at least) for security.

That is unless you have a Helicopter standing by in your yard and a well stocked and secure location to go to. Good luck if you think you could just drive to an Airport and "Get to the Chopper".

The roads and Freeway's would be gridlocked, people would be losing their minds and Katrina would look a Kindergarten lunch room in comparison.

In a truly SHTF situation, there won't be time to "Bug out", or a safe place you could get to in a short time frame. Unless you are Bill Gates or Jay Inslee and the like, then you would be good.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Honestly? The BOV thing isn't realistic.

Where are you going to "Bug out" too, The Mountains? :ROFLMAO: Yeah, you and a Million other People all trying to do it at the same time.

In a true Catastrophe situation, or if Missiles are incoming, (Yeah, like .Gov would tell you) you aren't going anywhere unless you have a serious tracked vehicle, the fuel and range to get to the Mountains, and a heavily armed Platoon (at least) for security.

That is unless you have a Helicopter standing by in your yard and a well stocked and secure location to go to. Good luck if you think you could just drive to an Airport and "Get to the Chopper".

The roads and Freeway's would be gridlocked, people would be losing their minds and Katrina would look a Kindergarten lunch room in comparison.

In a truly SHTF situation, there won't be time to "Bug out", or a safe place you could get to in a short time frame. Unless you are Bill Gates or Jay Inslee and the like, then you would be good.

I bet you're real fun at a party...

just like the tin foil hat thread... you gotta relax... let loose a bit. Have some fun.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

...you gotta relax... let loose a bit. Have some fun.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Coming from you, that’s hilarious!

Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

...you gotta relax... let loose a bit. Have some fun.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Coming from you, that’s hilarious!

:rofl9:

I almost spit Beer on the Computer screen! :bigsmile:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next