Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:35 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Prepping - security for “non” firearm family 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mmalleck wrote:

As for people who don't want firearms and refuse to prepare for a SHTF situation - too bad, too sad.

Some folks are just a little too trusting and aren't prepared mentally to live among the wolves. I don't think handing them a gun at the last minute is going to help... them. They might soak up a few bullets that would otherwise have come YOUR way - so there's some value in that...

anyway... naivete can be fatal:

https://constitution.com/reality-check- ... -to-death/

"Evil doesn't exist" people stabbed by ISIS as they toured ISIS controlled territory on bikes.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
mmalleck wrote:

As for people who don't want firearms and refuse to prepare for a SHTF situation - too bad, too sad.

Some folks are just a little too trusting and aren't prepared mentally to live among the wolves. I don't think handing them a gun at the last minute is going to help... them. They might soak up a few bullets that would otherwise have come YOUR way - so there's some value in that...

anyway... naivete can be fatal:

https://constitution.com/reality-check- ... -to-death/

"Evil doesn't exist" people stabbed by ISIS as they toured ISIS controlled territory on bikes.

Eh. I really need to get my book out. It explores this naivety, among other things. Looks like late Sept/early Oct for electronic release.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm confused as hell by this thread, so I'll just say this:

If people don't want a gun in the house because their fear is an accident may happen, then what they are really saying is they don't trust themselves with a firearm. As stupid as that sounds to us, at least they're being responsible given what they believe about themselves (i.e. not keeping something around that they may hurt themselves or others with).

I'm all for trying to lead them to a more rational view of firearms, but if that is unsuccessful then I'm OK with their choice not to have a gun around. I think it's foolish and willfully ignorant, but I'm OK with it.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a drill, a dremel, and a generator. I don't think I would have the skill to do an 80%. Tell them for $100 they can get a used Hi-point. Here is the P80 I want:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Security is first a mindset - without the proper mindset and habits weapons are of limited use.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm also very confused by the idea espoused in the OP by these non-preppers who think they are going to make a gun from a block of aluminum and learn to shoot it in a SHTF scenario. That's totally nonsensical.

Best analogy would be to sew a parachute and learn to use it while your plane is crashing. Just silly, really.

If someone has the mindset that guns are too dangerous, or doesn't want them in the house or trust themselves with one now, I can't understand what changes later? Or how the heck they are realistically going to make one, or even assemble and use one later. So unrealistically impractical.

Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5