Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mange wrote:
new daddy wrote:
Mange wrote:
Just build your own.
this one is for up to 1000 watts + solar panels just under $1000
ran that heater for 2h 15 mins at 500 watts
not what I will use this for, this is mostly for lights and coffee pot and maybe recharging AA\AAA batteries

Don't happen to have an instruction manual/components list on how to build that? I've got the panels, so I'd just need to get the other stuff.

My 880 ran my 1500 watt space heater for 43 minutes at medium heat. I was just running it as a test to see how the battery would do.

While the solar is good when it works, I'll probably end up plugging in the batteries whenever I run my gas generator just to get the boost. For the batteries I have it takes about 6 hours to charge on 110 and 15 hours to charge on the solar panels.

I don't have any instructions, this one is just three parts. Lipo4 battery, solar charger, and a inverter. My inverter is 1500 watts, but will mostly keep under 1000 watts. One 100ah lipo4 is 1200watts-ish.

Is this the battery? https://www.amazon.com/LiFePO4-Volt-Dee ... 01223&th=1

Also, what inverter do you have? Seriously, on this stuff, you have to ELI5! Once I get the basics down, I'll be ok.

For example - will this work? https://www.amazon.com/Inverter-Convert ... RydWU&th=1

Also I can see your solar charger controller - but what model is it? I guess ultimately, I'd need one that would fit cords on my existing panels.

Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

New Daddy that Battle born will do well. The inverter you chose, in my opinion, is no good. The inverter needs to be more consumer grade. The solar controller is the one thing I will be changing, because it is not programmable for custom use with out a computer. Witch is not really a problem with the unit just not what I want for this application. Don't take what I am doing as any gospel. Just think of me as Gov't feasibility study. Not very useful but full of shit.....;-P

Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mange wrote:
New Daddy that Battle born will do well. The inverter you chose, in my opinion, is no good. The inverter needs to be more consumer grade. The solar controller is the one thing I will be changing, because it is not programmable for custom use with out a computer. Witch is not really a problem with the unit just not what I want for this application. Don't take what I am doing as any gospel. Just think of me as Gov't feasibility study. Not very useful but full of shit.....;-P

Thanks! But lets be honest - you've got a working system, so you're the expert in this conversation.........

Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2