Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 How the 1% prep 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting article on how some elite are prepping:

The super-rich ‘preppers’ planning to save themselves from the apocalypse
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2022/sep/04/super-rich-prepper-bunkers-apocalypse-survival-richest-rushkoff

Quote:
Tech billionaires are buying up luxurious bunkers and hiring military security to survive a societal collapse they helped create, but like everything they do, it has unintended consequences

As a humanist who writes about the impact of digital technology on our lives, I am often mistaken for a futurist. The people most interested in hiring me for my opinions about technology are usually less concerned with building tools that help people live better lives in the present than they are in identifying the Next Big Thing through which to dominate them in the future. I don’t usually respond to their inquiries. Why help these guys ruin what’s left of the internet, much less civilisation?

Still, sometimes a combination of morbid curiosity and cold hard cash is enough to get me on a stage in front of the tech elite, where I try to talk some sense into them about how their businesses are affecting our lives out here in the real world. That’s how I found myself accepting an invitation to address a group mysteriously described as “ultra-wealthy stakeholders”, out in the middle of the desert.

Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Little tyrants. They live in fear of those upon whom they depend for their wealth and status. Yeah, shit goes down, they better have devised good collars for the wolves they hire to protect their fiefs.

This article I had originally intended to post in the Epidemic, Famine and War thread, but dovetails nicely with your post as it addresses the hyper-financialization and bubble aspect of the economy which buoys the wealth of these guys:

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... mpaign=902

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Last edited by jukk0u on Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Interesting article on how some elite are prepping:

The super-rich ‘preppers’ planning to save themselves from the apocalypse
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2022/sep/04/super-rich-prepper-bunkers-apocalypse-survival-richest-rushkoff

Great article. It is entertaining how these academics come to the same conclusions as "ordinary folk" re: preparedness and survival. A fabulously equipped bunker will be a juicy target, both from the inside and the outside. The only sure-fire way to survive is to have a location and strategy that is so difficult and bare-bones that no one wishes to bother trying to take it from you (i.e. there's nothing to take). Been doing a lot of reading about the remaining tribes in Papua New Guinea and the Amazon. No one came to take what they have because they don't have anything to take. Anything above this, even a small time subsistence farm in a remote valley, could be a target.

Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Little tyrants. They live in fear of those upon whom they depend for their wealth and status. Yeah, shit goes down, they better have devised good collars for the wolves they hire to protect their fiefs.

This article I had originally intended to post in the Epidemic, Famine and War thread, but dovetails nicely with your post as it addresses the hyper-financialization and bubble aspect of the economy which buoys the wealth of these guys:

Is this copy and pasted from antifa?

Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just fill all the exits with concrete.

Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bubblewhip wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Is this copy and pasted from antifa?

Yeah, the author is a "revolutionary" and anti-capitalist (?).

You can see all of his wokeness on his website.

https://charleshughsmith.blogspot.com/2 ... iable.html

Whether you go along with whatever philosophy he espouses, I thought the examination of a changing economy and how that affects urban centers (especially viz-a-viz the work from home trend) to be of interest.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

followed a link in the OP to the safe haven sustainable farms/bugout.

https://www.ahfarms.org/

J.C. Cole, who has some impressive credentials has written about "Grey Swan"events (predictable catastrophies).

Here's one; in it are references of and links to others:

https://phibetaiota.net/2020/05/j-c-col ... e-america/

Will Covid save America?

“...The truth is America is simply positioned for collapse and a famine. Whether it is done deliberately or by accident is moot at this point. A Gray Swan can be triggered by our enemies, by Mother Nature, or just by accident. Keep in mind that historically, the #1 reason for revolution in the world is famine. Just ask the Chinese who are buying up our prime farm land.”

FJB

Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]