Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Gas masks? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like a good mask option. Make sure to get it with a drinking tube. Hydration is important. Takes a common filter thread so that makes finding canisters easier.

Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

An SGE400/3 with accessories is pretty cheap, new, and is very comfortable. 3 filter locations are nice as well. IMHO.
http://approvedgasmasks.com/package-deal801.htm
Decon is a pain as stated above.

Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Make sure you have the 40mm NATO screw in standard (which the one specified does).

Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NotAMerc wrote:

Looks like a good mask option. Make sure to get it with a drinking tube. Hydration is important. Takes a common filter thread so that makes finding canisters easier.

So I one of these for each member of my family (with drinking system and filters). However, I’m concerned about my youngest and fit. All the child sizes are either out of stock or are far smaller kids.

Any suggestions?

Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

new daddy wrote:
NotAMerc wrote:

So I one of these for each member of my family (with drinking system and filters). However, I’m concerned about my youngest and fit. All the child sizes are either out of stock or are far smaller kids.

Any suggestions?
You’d have to call or email, but I’m pretty certain that Don at Private Sector Arms in Olympia had some child sized gas masks. They’re not going to be the high quality ones like what you’re looking at though

Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Filtered air respirators must be used with a clean shaven face. Moustaches are usually okay, but anything which interferes with a tight seal, including stubble, will allow contaminants into your eyes and lungs. Bad times. (infographic here)

To be useful, a respirator/mask should be fitted and tested. I'm respirator certified at work. I have to take annual training and a fit check using a test respirator hooked to a computer which analyzes the air entering an exiting to insure an adequate seal. They also do a medical screening to make sure you don't have heart or lung issues which could make using a mask dangerous.

A filtered air respirator will add resistance to your breathing. This will make your body work harder to get the same amount of oxygen. This is important to remember if you're using it in a stressful environment.

It's very important to don the mask before you're exposed to the irritant. Otherwise, you have a rubber bucket of snot and tears strapped to your face.

Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think I’m ready

Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:52 pm

if you have respiratory problems like me you are done for. I can not even use automotive paint respirators. I had to go to a hooka tied into my aircompressor line SO before you spend the bucks find out if you can even use one. There is a testing tool called a spirometer and you can get one good enough for under ten bucks from Amazon to know wher you stand before you dump big bucks into a gas mask that you can not use.

Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Am considering some gas masks post COVID for the next round of bullshit, whether it be a nasty volcanic explosion or something biological.
I've gotten some mass emails that have some mil surplus masks available. Anyone have any personal knowledge with them?
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... ?a=2224552

https://www.keepshooting.com/polish-mp5-gas-mask.html

Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just came into a pile of the C2A1 canisters in the plastic sealed US green cups. They are marked 2014 date and "M44".

Some light research sounds like these are nato standard 40mm thread on. Is this correct?

If so, they should fit any nato 40mm masks from a variety of countries right?

Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2