Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:55 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Plate carriers 

If that's the primary criteria, Hesco U210 would be the way.

Me, I go with what I KNOW works.

It's all academic until.....you know....

Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How fast is the shipping for the Ukrainian plates?? If you want to order a set I’d be willing to pitch in a few bucks towards a third test plate. Hopefully we could get a few more people to pitch in just to see what happens

Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:48 pm

ViniVidivici wrote:
If that's the primary criteria, Hesco U210 would be the way.

Me, I go with what I KNOW works.

It's all academic until.....you know....

Hear, hear! One issue though - U210 is $900 for a single Large SAPI plate :) My wife doesn't value my lightweight bulletproofing THAT much :) But I can get approved at $300 a plate... That's what made me scratch my head with these... :)

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:58 pm

NotAMerc wrote:
How fast is the shipping for the Ukrainian plates?? If you want to order a set I’d be willing to pitch in a few bucks towards a third test plate. Hopefully we could get a few more people to pitch in just to see what happens

I got myself intrigued to the point that I did order them (and their PC) yesterday. :) I got tracking UPS number today. Should be here in a week. Looks like they maintain stock at their US subsidiary. I'll update on actual date and my first impressions.

Having one small plate shot up for $260 + shipping would be great idea! I'd pitch in for sure!.. Anybody else interested? :)

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Aww yeah
ImageImage

Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:06 pm

Alright! That's the good stuff!

Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice!

Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:46 pm

Thought I'd post an update on UARM lightweight plates in case anybody curious.

They turned out to be pretty responsive on e-mail. I've asked them for NIJ approved test lab ballistic report and they sent a copy (with a proprietary info notice) Independent NIJ testing appears to be done by NTS-Chesapeake ballistic test lab. I don't think the lab test alone constitutes an NIJ "certification"/compliance per se - which is more involved than that. The test report seems custom, preliminary and interim (AK rounds only). But it's good to know that somebody other than director in this video was testing them :) They say they plan to publish ballistic reports on their site in 2021. They ship from Ontario, CA. I think I'll have them tomorrow. (Still not quite sure what for... :) )

Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SurfPerch wrote:
Thought I'd post an update on UARM lightweight plates in case anybody curious.

They turned out to be pretty responsive on e-mail. I've asked them for NIJ approved test lab ballistic report and they sent a copy (with a proprietary info notice) Independent NIJ testing appears to be done by NTS-Chesapeake ballistic test lab. I don't think the lab test alone constitutes an NIJ "certification"/compliance per se - which is more involved than that. The test report seems custom, preliminary and interim (AK rounds only). But it's good to know that somebody other than director in this video was testing them :) They say they plan to publish ballistic reports on their site in 2021. They ship from Ontario, CA. I think I'll have them tomorrow. (Still not quite sure what for... :) )

Interesting. Would you be willing to shoot one for science?

Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:59 am

SurfPerch, you work for them, don't you.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:39 am

:) I do not think my wife would approve shooting $300 for science... She already thinks I'm nuts getting into this. :) I'll just stick them into my PC and will hope that I never will find out how good or bad are they... Or shoot them at the end of warranty period - in 5 years. :)

However, if we had more people interested to chip in, I think your idea to order a small $260 sapi to shoot for wagunners knowledge is perfect. I have a feeling that if somebody here has an experience to set up more or less decent range test with proper backup etc., a quality video production shoot (although we cannot beat director's one :) and a youtube publication they might consider sending us one for free... :) They seem very enthused about US market.... :) Me - I wouldn't know even *where* such shoot can be setup.... :) Anybody with photogenic face and great voice to be in a video? :)

Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:58 am

ViniVidivici wrote:
SurfPerch, you work for them, don't you.

:bigsmile:
Absolutely not! Found them on internet, ordered their sh*t with my own money. The deal for these lightweight plates was imho too good (although iffy) not to bring to the board attention. But once this accusation is made - there's no way to to disprove it. There're no constructive proofs of negative existential statements. :) I will shut up about them if you'd like though...

Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SurfPerch wrote:
:) I do not think my wife would approve shooting $300 for science... She already thinks I'm nuts getting into this. :) I'll just stick them into my PC and will hope that I never will find out how good or bad are they... Or shoot them at the end of warranty period - in 5 years. :)

However, if we had more people interested to chip in, I think your idea to order a small $260 sapi to shoot for wagunners knowledge is perfect. I have a feeling that if somebody here has an experience to set up more or less decent range test with proper backup etc., a quality video production shoot (although we cannot beat director's one :) and a youtube publication they might consider sending us one for free... :) They seem very enthused about US market.... :) Me - I wouldn't know even *where* such shoot can be setup.... :) Anybody with photogenic face and great voice to be in a video? :)

I am by no means a fountain of cash, but I'd be willing to chip in $50. The main question would be how well it stops 5.56, either 55 or 62 grain.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got...inebriated... the other night and ordered 5 of the Battle Steel level III+ special threat plates that claim to stop M855. I plan on shooting the 5th one...and probably selling two of the remaining ones since I may have gone overboard, lol. Will do a detailed report.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

beckdw wrote:
I got...inebriated... the other night and ordered 5 of the Battle Steel level III+ special threat plates that claim to stop M855. I plan on shooting the 5th one...and probably selling two of the remaining ones since I may have gone overboard, lol. Will do a detailed report.

Wasn't there someone on here that was selling m855A1 a while back? I'd be curious if they could stop that.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next