Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Lets keep it clean... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, with WeenieWagun v3 well under way....I've come to a point where I've hit a fun topic.

Showers.

Seriously. The only reason I'd really need a hot water heater, is for a shower....even a navy shower...

But, quite a few people have suggested something I was never aware of....

Rinse-free body wash...

Some come in the form of towelettes that you moisten and wash off with, while others are a fluid concentrate that dilute and wash up with, with no need to rinse off..

Does anyone have any direct experience with them?

Sounds like it might be a decent short term solution, but how does it get off all the dead skin and whatnot if it's not washed away with water?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have used these on people that were bedridden, or just got out of the hospital.

They worked well, and weren’t too expensive, especially in bulk.

It says you can use it as a shampoo, presumably for hair, but we used a ‘shower cap-style’ thing for the hair; you wet the hair, put the cap on, sort of rub your head like you’re shampooing your hair, then take it off & either let dry, or rub with a towel. THAT worked really well, it was the same one they used at Harborview.

As far as the exfoliation you mentioned, I think the motion sloughs off some, and then the emollients/lotion sort of dissolve the rest.

There are some where you buy just solution, but many of those can smell funny, leave you sticky, etc.

These worked well for what we needed, though you would probably want a real shower/bath after 4-5 days, perhaps sooner in the summer.

https://www.amazon.com/Scrubzz-Disposab ... 06301&th=1

I could probably send you some to try, if you didn’t want to buy them to try.

After all, a stinky Weenie is no bueno... :wink05:

(Edited: To clarify, the shower cap wash is a different product)

Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:21 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

The best thing for removing dead skin is Santyl. Works like magic. Eats up all the dead tissue.
When I had my cast taken off the last time my feet were dry and scaly. Santyl made them look like new in a couple hours.
Downside is it goes for almost $300 for a small tube. I have the better part of a tube left from when I broke my foot and had a bone trying to poke out.
I should see if I can get my doctor to prescribe me another tube before years end while I'm still flying for free (met max out of pocket).
Shit costs so much that most wound care nurses can't get it. With Kaiser WA, only Capitol Hill and Bellevue have it.
https://santyl.com/
"SANTYL Ointment is an FDA-approved prescription medicine that removes dead tissue from wounds so they can start to heal. Proper wound care management is important to help remove non-living tissue from your wound. Healthcare professionals have prescribed SANTYL Ointment for more than 50 years to help clean many types of wounds."

Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've used this stuff when I was in the army in the field.

https://www.exmed.net/no-rinse-laborato ... nal%20Care

Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, just an update...

I ended up with these...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074DYPZYK?ps ... ct_details

They work great, and are large enough to hit the major areas, even for a guy my size...

They don't really have a scent per se, but it's present, albeit dissipates quickly.. A pleasant one.

It's ball safe... no issues there, and leaves you feeling refreshed and not smelling bad.

I'll probably try some other brands to find the best, but these work pretty good.

I have to find out what to do about shampoo though.... Guess I just need to try something.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
So, just an update...

I ended up with these...

They work great, and are large enough to hit the major areas, even for a guy my size...

They don't really have a scent per se, but it's present, albeit dissipates quickly.. A pleasant one.

It's ball safe... no issues there, and leaves you feeling refreshed and not smelling bad.

I'll probably try some other brands to find the best, but these work pretty good.

I have to find out what to do about shampoo though.... Guess I just need to try something.

Did we not try the link in my above post? I've been using that stuff for years.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
So, just an update...

I ended up with these...

Did we not try the link in my above post? I've been using that stuff for years.

I must have missed it.

I ordered 2 different shampoos, including that one, and one more body wash.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]