Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:53 pm


Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar




Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 The Ham Radio Thread 
Author Message
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: South Seattle
Joined: Thu May 2, 2013
Posts: 7401
Real Name: Steve
DblTapp wrote:
...And when a member want's to bring that difference up, he get's shouted down...




He wasn’t just bringing up a difference, he challenged someone’s integrity.

He could have made his point without doing that,....and I wouldn’t have said a thing...


Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:36 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Bonney Lake WA
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013
Posts: 219
Saw a mobile radio mentioned earlier, and it got me thinking.
I've got a few UV5R radios. Just have them programmed to a few channels that come preprogrammed on the mobile radios popular with the SxS crowd. FMRS maybe, honestly I don't remember. I use these in the Jeep, they are easy to hand out to friends, being that not many have CB's these days.
I'd really like to know if there is a recommended mobile equivalent to the Baofeng handheld? Saw KT-8900 mentioned. Is this the one? Others I should look at?
I want something hard mounted into the Jeep, real microphone, somewhat durable (dust and moisture resistant) fully HAM capable, compact, etc. Ooh yeah, needs to be cheap too haha



Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk


Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:07 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Nova Laboratories
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011
Posts: 13644
Real Name: Johnny 5
todd1803 wrote:
Saw a mobile radio mentioned earlier, and it got me thinking.
I've got a few UV5R radios. Just have them programmed to a few channels that come preprogrammed on the mobile radios popular with the SxS crowd. FMRS maybe, honestly I don't remember. I use these in the Jeep, they are easy to hand out to friends, being that not many have CB's these days.
I'd really like to know if there is a recommended mobile equivalent to the Baofeng handheld? Saw KT-8900 mentioned. Is this the one? Others I should look at?
I want something hard mounted into the Jeep, real microphone, somewhat durable (dust and moisture resistant) fully HAM capable, compact, etc. Ooh yeah, needs to be cheap too haha



Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk


There is a mobile version of the 878uv.....

Anytone AT-D578UV

http://www.anytone.net/pro_info95.html


But it's not cheap...


If you want inexpensive with no AES or DMR... Then there's this..

https://www.amazon.com/AnyTone-AT-778UV-400-490-136-174MHz-Transceiver/dp/B08DF91R3S/

_________________
NO DISASSEMBLE!

Image

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."


If you feel like I've helped you out, feel free to 'buy me a cup of coffee'... https://paypal.me/XTS5000 or Venmo: @XTS5000


Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:02 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: puyallup
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018
Posts: 92
Real Name: Mange
All I said was you should not use the word encryption in the context of ham radio. what you do outside of the ham bands, I could careless. You do you.

And I will ask again.
with out integrity, what do you have.


Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:03 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Nova Laboratories
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011
Posts: 13644
Real Name: Johnny 5
Mange wrote:
All I said was you should not use the word encryption in the context of ham radio. what you do outside of the ham bands, I could careless. You do you.

And I will ask again.
with out integrity, what do you have.


By asking that, you're implying that I don't have any.

Much like if I asked 'So, what's a Marine if he doesn't have balls'?

The implication is there... It's a loaded question meant to be a statement, not an actual question. A rhetorical question.

One, which I will summarily ignore, as it's not only irrelevant, but has already been answered.

_________________
NO DISASSEMBLE!

Image

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."


If you feel like I've helped you out, feel free to 'buy me a cup of coffee'... https://paypal.me/XTS5000 or Venmo: @XTS5000


Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:11 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: South Seattle
Joined: Thu May 2, 2013
Posts: 7401
Real Name: Steve
Mange wrote:
All I said was you should not use the word encryption in the context of ham radio. what you do outside of the ham bands, I could careless. You do you.

And I will ask again.
with out integrity, what do you have.



That’s the point...that’s not “all you said”.

That’s why you were able to “ask again”, because you did say more, and implied even more.

How many more times are you going to ask, while pretending it’s not insulting?

You’re playing word games, even you said, it’s okay if you say it ‘this way’, but not ‘that way”.

Give it a rest...


Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:32 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Bonney Lake WA
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013
Posts: 219
TechnoWeenie wrote:

There is a mobile version of the 878uv.....

Anytone AT-D578UV

http://www.anytone.net/pro_info95.html


But it's not cheap...


If you want inexpensive with no AES or DMR... Then there's this..

https://www.amazon.com/AnyTone-AT-778UV-400-490-136-174MHz-Transceiver/dp/B08DF91R3S/


Thank you for the links!
Time to do my research on AES and DMR and see what I need.


Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk


Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Nova Laboratories
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011
Posts: 13644
Real Name: Johnny 5
todd1803 wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

There is a mobile version of the 878uv.....

Anytone AT-D578UV

http://www.anytone.net/pro_info95.html


But it's not cheap...


If you want inexpensive with no AES or DMR... Then there's this..

https://www.amazon.com/AnyTone-AT-778UV-400-490-136-174MHz-Transceiver/dp/B08DF91R3S/


Thank you for the links!
Time to do my research on AES and DMR and see what I need.


Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk


DMR = digital radio
AES = encryption

_________________
NO DISASSEMBLE!

Image

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."


If you feel like I've helped you out, feel free to 'buy me a cup of coffee'... https://paypal.me/XTS5000 or Venmo: @XTS5000


Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:56 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.742s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]