Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Unpleasant exprience 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Correct. The FFL section isn't a paid section. It's a spot where FFLs can have a section to do with what they please, to act as a conduit between the store and the public.

Sounds lime you're not playin' yer cards right, Dan. Hell, you could be charging FFLs, sponsors... even members! Uh... er.... nevermind. That would bad. Very bad.

:ROFLMAO:

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:46 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hyiuheehee wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Correct. The FFL section isn't a paid section. It's a spot where FFLs can have a section to do with what they please, to act as a conduit between the store and the public.

Sounds lime you're not playin' yer cards right, Dan. Hell, you could be charging FFLs, sponsors... even members! Uh... er.... nevermind. That would bad. Very bad.

Winner! As you can tell, our business model is pretty much opposite.... The only people who "pay" are the people who voluntarily donate, and the site sponsors who feel like paying a very nominal amount for banner space.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:50 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Hyiuheehee wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

Winner! As you can tell, our business model is pretty much opposite.... The only people who "pay" are the people who voluntarily donate, and the site sponsors who feel like paying a very nominal amount for banner space.

reminds me i need to send cash your way to help this site. ill get to that next paycheck.

As to the original post, sucks you had a bad experience.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hyiuheehee wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

Uhh - there is another - Site Which Must Not Be Named - which does that sort of thing.

And, other stuff of a questionable nature.

Which is why we are all here.

Support your local people friendly forum.

Uber Platinum membership is free, but - Site Supporter - is priceless !

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beatlejuice.... Beatlejuice.... Voldimort.... Satan.... McGinn.....

"For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment."
-- John Steinbeck
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
-- Oscar Wilde
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
-- Marcus Aurelius
"Now I'm off to check out Drew's dick."
-- MadPick

Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:30 am

WAGuns does charge a very fair amount for the banner ads at the top, but nothing ridiculous. They aren't like one of the bigger sites around...barf. com... that will slam users and small advertisers, but if it's a big company... will let them get away with murder.

Many places charge before doing the NICS check. It's sort of like why should they work for free if you get a denial? Or a delay because you're name is the same as a car thief in Chicago, and you say screw it and walk out. That could have been anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour they took to deal with you that is now wasted if they don't get paid. Especially when combined with a paperwork fee for denials, it also makes some people not try to game the system. It does happen that people will try and see if they can get a proceed knowing full well that they shouldn't because of a conviction. Hoping that somehow the system won't catch them.

Sat May 04, 2013 11:29 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat May 04, 2013 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Come on Dan it was only 8 months dead :ROFLMAO: btw I love that pic.

Massivedesign wrote:

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Sun May 05, 2013 12:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:
Many places charge before doing the NICS check. It's sort of like why should they work for free if you get a denial? Or a delay because you're name is the same as a car thief in Chicago, and you say screw it and walk out. That could have been anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour they took to deal with you that is now wasted if they don't get paid. Especially when combined with a paperwork fee for denials, it also makes some people not try to game the system. It does happen that people will try and see if they can get a proceed knowing full well that they shouldn't because of a conviction. Hoping that somehow the system won't catch them.

Also quite possible they could get a "DELAY" response from NICS. If you hadn't paid you might not come back to pick it up once they get a "PROCEED", and in the meantime they could have sold the gun to someone else. Seems pretty fair to charge first.

Now, I hate places that are not very efficient with doing the background checks. Sportco with eCheck, and my local kitchen table FFL are super fast compared to say, WCA, where they frequently get distracted by other things. Just sayin'.

As to waiting 15 minutes for the box.... was it before or after you paid? I notice when you ask them to find that stuff beforehand, stores are a LOT quicker finding it.

Sun May 05, 2013 7:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2