Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Powder Coating Quick and Easy 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Youndering,
The 255 gr worked well with heavy 20 lb spring. (Wolffe set comes with a firing pin spring too)

One odd thing, the last round won't chamber (stovepipe). I tried multiple mags and same issue. So I just use a standard 230 gr bullet in the bottom of the mag.

I pushing 850 fps. It goes BOOM really badass too. Similar to a 44 mag. :)

I won't be shooting these all the time. They just self defense bear loads for the time being until I can get a nice Ruger Alaskan in the future.

Thu May 24, 2018 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Weird about the last round issue. Just going off what you said, I'd guess it wants more magazine spring pressure, but you can try adjusting seating depth too. The exposed nose on that bullet is pretty short and may be contributing to the feed issue. You might try seating it out to the max OAL your barrel with handle (check with the barrel out of the gun, use it as your case gauge).
I never had feed issues with that bullet, my comments were more about how hard you can (or can't) push them with the reduced case capacity. But nothing wrong with it at 850 fps if you're happy with it. Accuracy should be decent. Just be careful with pressure.

Thu May 24, 2018 9:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some more Eco-Friendly 9mm cast and PC'd (one coat, they're range ammunition).
Why eco-friendly? They're green. :bigsmile:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stopped by premier powder coating today and talked with a nice lady at the front desk. After a brief discussion I left with some white powder coat. They have a ton of selection and will sell powder by the pound. They seem willing to deal on certain colors too.
May be a good local resource.

http://premierpowderco.com/

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When the photobucket thing lifted, and I could finally see the pictures, I went on a hunt for an oven, found a nice small one, for a good price. Due to its smallness, I was stumped by the issue of a tray small enough to fit on the wire rack. Then, I had a eureka moment; years ago I bought one of those beer can chicken cookers for the barbeque, and the tray, with handles, was perfect for doing 100-150 at a time. So, I've been cranking them out, water dropping the whole tray in to great effect. One question though, showing my non-metal working deficiencies: How do I go about finding, or making, split steel dowels? The Lee sizing dies as they are, can to tough on the slightly over sized bullets.

Mon May 13, 2019 2:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You should be able to find 1/4" steel rod in most hardware stores, or just buy a long (about 6") 1/4" bolt and cut the head off. Use a hacksaw to split one end deep enough to match the width of your emery cloth.

Mon May 13, 2019 6:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK, thanks, I'll try that.

Mon May 13, 2019 7:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4