Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Reloading for compensated 9mm guns 

I’ve been trying to find a load that will run reliably in my 9mm pistols with compensators. I have 2 Glock 17s and a P320 w/ compensators. One 17 and the P320 have Parker Mountain Machine JTTC comps and one 17 has a Killer Innovations Velocity comp. Both Glocks have 12lb recoil springs and an OEM striker spring.

My usual target load is 4.0 grains of AA#2, 115 Berry’s FMJ copper plated. It cycles all my other guns, and will cycle my P320, but neither Glock likes it. I tested some different commercial ammo to get a feel for it. Norma 124 grain FMJ will cycle one Glock but not the other. Blazer 115 will cycle reliably with the one that won’t cycle with the Norma, but the one that cycles with the Norma won’t cycle with the Blazer.

So I’ve started working up a load that will cycle both. I’m using AA#7. According to the load data, with a 124 grain Berry’s FMJ, the max powder load is 7.6 grains of AA#7. I did a few rounds at 6.8-7.3 and one gun cycled, while the other ran about 50%. I did a few more rounds at 7.3 - 7.6. One gun ran reliably while the other ram about 80%. I think the undercharged (7.3 grains) were the rounds that wouldn’t cycle in the one glock.
First of all, why does my Lee auto disk powder measure have a variance of .3 grains? That seems like a lot. Other than measuring each load, how can I get more consistent powder pours? I need to make 2400 rounds for an upcoming training in October, and I don’t want to have to measure each pour. But I can’t spend the weekend I paid a lot of money for fiddling with my guns trying to get them to run.

Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]