Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 MidwayUSA primers 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been getting notifications all day that MidwayUSA has discontinued a lot of primers. So far it has only been case quantities. Anyone know what's up?

Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:45 pm

I got all those too. It looks to me like they're cleaning house on stuff they don't expect to have any time soon. I imagine we're in for a long wait on domestic primers. I hope the importers are able to raise their game.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bilgetroll wrote:
I got all those too. It looks to me like they're cleaning house on stuff they don't expect to have any time soon. I imagine we're in for a long wait on domestic primers. I hope the importers are able to raise their game.
The bigger problem is getting shipping space to get them here. There is a lot of cargo piling up waiting for shipment due to the virus mickey mouse.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:33 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’ll bet you a dollar to a doughnut that they are going to raise prices and those that had email notifications for things to return in stock are going to pay more for those items.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, before they discontinued primers by the case, they had already raised the price to about $400 per case. Some a little more, some a little less.

My guess is that they aren't going to sell cases any more. Probably just 1k piece bricks for $80+ ea. Then they will limit the amount to 1 per transaction and charge shipping and hazmat making them $110+ each.

They will claim it is to make them available to more people while making bank on the inflated price and $20 hazmat fees.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:00 pm

Col_Temp wrote:
Bilgetroll wrote:
The bigger problem is getting shipping space to get them here. There is a lot of cargo piling up waiting for shipment due to the virus mickey mouse.

Importation is a long game, that's for sure. But if you can get Unis Ginex or Fiocchi or Wolf or whoever to pony up a few million primers and you get through the cargo queue in a couple months and then it spends a month on a ship and another month in Customs, that's still faster than I think CCI or Fed are going to cut any loose in quantities worth talking about.

Another factor to think about is I bet there's a net explosive weight limitation that curtails how much you can put in a container, which might really exacerbate the problem of tight cargo space on ships.

I haven't looked it up but I'd bet any amount of money that nobody is going to let you pack a 40 footer to the rafters with small rifle primers! In my mind's eye it's maybe a dozen pallets, carefully lashed.

TBC this is all just my opinionated rambling ;)

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bilgetroll wrote:
Col_Temp wrote:
Bilgetroll wrote:

Importation is a long game, that's for sure. But if you can get Unis Ginex or Fiocchi or Wolf or whoever to pony up a few million primers and you get through the cargo queue in a couple months and then it spends a month on a ship and another month in Customs, that's still faster than I think CCI or Fed are going to cut any loose in quantities worth talking about.

Another factor to think about is I bet there's a net explosive weight limitation that curtails how much you can put in a container, which might really exacerbate the problem of tight cargo space on ships.

I haven't looked it up but I'd bet any amount of money that nobody is going to let you pack a 40 footer to the rafters with small rifle primers! In my mind's eye it's maybe a dozen pallets, carefully lashed.

TBC this is all just my opinionated rambling ;)

I guess it all depends on who is transporting the cargo. (a certain alliance of friendly countries) used to have AN-22s (of a not so friendly alliance) hauling dangerous cargo out of (can't tell you) because they were the only ones that would do it. I imagine primers would be small potatoes to them.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:23 pm

Midway thinks they are helping its customers by limiting 1or 2 items every week. Midway is ok with having ignorant people pay 20-30 more per brick, totaling 110-130 with shipping. They are taking the 5k boxes and selling individually. They can claim to have more primers longer. Brownells also alienates users by allowing unlimited amounts and buying bots, leading into reselling on gun broker.

Trash

Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]