Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Upgrading “The Room” 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With the new “Room” construction completed I figgered it’s time to upgrade some of my reloading tools.
I added a lot of press mounting and storage products from Inline Fabrication which helps immensely because it is filling up fast.
First I ordered 2 light kits, a Junior Ultramount with quick change base plate assembly, 7 1/2" tall for the Pro1000 and then 2 extra top plates for the Turret and Classic cast press. I was able to obtain a blank top plate from a PIF here, thanks brother, that I mounted the HF mini chop saw with 300BLK cutoff jig on, it works slicker than owl shit on a rainy night... :bigsmile:

Attachment:
F4CE3102-D12A-4597-A5D7-2D7C5D5AAF90.jpeg

Press Storage

Attachment:
D50433F7-0491-4082-A605-8B0E689ADF42.jpeg

Attachment:
F5E2F976-D193-479F-B520-E2A55244424A.jpeg

Attachment:
EB803A8D-A88F-4DB2-9855-D2BA70D66DE9.jpeg

With the presses pretty much taken care of I wondered how & where I was going to mount the vise in the gun maintenance/build area. Well it just so happens that Inline Fabrication has the ideal product for this task, the Flush mount quick change base plate and flush mount quick change base plate that Dan drilled specifically for the vise. I routed out the void with a quickly built template that I threw together. Tapped it into place, drilled the mounting bolt holes, bolted it down and put the vise on the plate. It works great and if I need a clear bench top I pull it off and store it under the bench. The instructions show to overlap the front of the base mount but I could see future injuries from that option so I did the opposite and moved it back an inch, drilled oversized holes for the connector nuts (2” long) that tighten down the mounting plate. :wink05:

Attachment:
C6A309FE-5B0E-468C-AA8A-901DF7BE1FB4.jpeg

Attachment:
6357E291-B1D0-4DD1-9351-C18E19D5BAC6.jpeg

See the top two large holes.
Attachment:
7A832285-8D6F-40E8-A907-B4A35FDED5EB.jpeg

I just saw this sitting on the wagon wheel bench when I got back from the pit this afternoon... FUN FUN FUN. :bigsmile:

Attachment:
BB6F895B-BDBF-44B1-B26B-2CBB5E1347C3.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by Caveman Jim on Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We're gonna need some pics Jim. :thumbsup2: :popcorn:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:

Satisfied... :bigsmile:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:21 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow! :bow:

Very nice work with that, Jim. (Not just the room but also the pics, lol.) Getting your work space set up properly will make life a lot easier when you start cranking out that ammo!

I have a few things from Inline Fabrication (not as much as you do, probably), and yeah they have some really great products.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Very. :bow:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Wow! :bow:

Very nice work with that, Jim. (Not just the room but also the pics, lol.) Getting your work space set up properly will make life a lot easier when you start cranking out that ammo!

I have a few things from Inline Fabrication (not as much as you do, probably), and yeah they have some really great products.

Thanks Steve. The way I figure it I’m not getting any younger so I might as well make my hobby as comfortable as physically possible. If I had a bigger area I would not mind having four presses on one long bench but alas, I have a comfortable area that I plan to spend a lot of time in.
I’m generally not a fan boy of any thing but inline fabrications has the goods.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Very. :bow:

Thanks John. :wink05:
As you may well know, just a few months ago I finally figured out how to post pics... icon_eek

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:42 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Caveman Jim wrote:
The way I figure it I’m not getting any younger so I might as well make my hobby as comfortable as physically possible.

I think that's a good philosophy regardless of your age. Take care of your body when you're younger, and it will be in better shape when you're older. It's best to get your stuff set up in an ergonomic fashion, and in some cases that means spending more and buying better equipment to make the job easier.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:07 pm

Yes some picks and videos would be good because I gave up tring to make my Load Master do all its functions with one pull of the handle. I blew up six primers at one time which distroyed that primer feed and have flung so many shell casings against the wall I feed my casings manually. I bought the bullet drop feature but could not get that to work either.

Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:
The way I figure it I’m not getting any younger so I might as well make my hobby as comfortable as physically possible.

I think that's a good philosophy regardless of your age. Take care of your body when you're younger, and it will be in better shape when you're older. It's best to get your stuff set up in an ergonomic fashion, and in some cases that means spending more and buying better equipment to make the job easier.

Agree to most but I’m gonna slide into Hell ready for death... :bigsmile:
Yep, gotta adapt for all the fun I’ve had in 60+ years.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:
Yes some picks and videos would be good because I gave up tring to make my Load Master do all its functions with one pull of the handle. I blew up six primers at one time which distroyed that primer feed and have flung so many shell casings against the wall I feed my casings manually. I bought the bullet drop feature but could not get that to work either.

I haven’t got it set up, just pulled it out of the box last night, is surely is not in the same ballpark as a Dillon it Hornady from what I’ve seen so far. Hell I took a gamble on 3 Lee presses so far and am satisfied with them but not cranking out hundreds per hour.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:56 pm

A nice room with good lighting... Inline Fabrication mounts and other equipment are well made and the owners are nice to work with, I use similiar press mounting as yours.

Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks. Those LED lights are great, they are also programmable and require no switch meaning I cannot forget to turn them off. :bigsmile:
I know that I’ll never break anything as intended use, they are made that well.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:30 pm

Caveman Jim wrote:
hartcreek wrote:

I haven’t got it set up, just pulled it out of the box last night, is surely is not in the same ballpark as a Dillon it Hornady from what I’ve seen so far. Hell I took a gamble on 3 Lee presses so far and am satisfied with them but not cranking out hundreds per hour.

My uncle has a load master that works well. But like he said you need to strip it down and do a little finish work on things that move. There are a few good videos on youtube about how to slick up the loadmasters action.

Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For being a retired guy I’ve been way too damn busy lately for my liking so I still haven’t had time to mess with the loadmaster... One day it’ll happen.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next