Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:33 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 45ACP 

Curious: I didn't pay any attention to .451 TMJ/plated bullets having ancient stashes of cheap (then) Rainiers... Anybody remembers what were 230gr TMJ (and plated) RN bullet prices before the craziness hit? Say, circa 2019?

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:20 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Back in those old days :bigsmile: I was looking for 12-14 cents each.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

6.0 grains of titegroup?
Surprised you still have fingers to type the post.....

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:06 pm

MadPick wrote:

Thanks! Based on that got myself some 230gr RN Berry's at 14c recently to maintain stock (well, 18c delivered and taxed - but hey, times are tough... :) )

On a lighter side :) Lately I started wondering (quite idly) when pulling press lever on my seating die time after time - when you press a bullet into a brass case what happens to air in the cartridge? Compressed? Escapes? :) Had anybody ever heard a "bullet fart"? :bigsmile:

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SurfPerch wrote:
MadPick wrote:

Thanks! Based on that got myself some 230gr RN Berry's at 14c recently to maintain stock (well, 18c delivered and taxed - but hey, times are tough... :) )

On a lighter side :) Lately I started wondering (quite idly) when pulling press lever on my seating die time after time - when you press a bullet into a brass case what happens to air in the cartridge? Compressed? Escapes? :) Had anybody ever heard a "bullet fart"? :bigsmile:

Thank you I needed that. Bullet fart :ROFLMAO:

Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:35 pm

Large primers are not created the same? Switched from WLP to Federal150... Looks like Federal is larger than WLP - going in with more resistance.

S&B brass has especially tight primer hole (compared to PMC brass) - putting Fed150 into it became a real hard press... Am I doing something wrong? Does S&B brass require some work before putting in a primer?

Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:19 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've found S&B brass in general to be more difficult to prime. It still works, but it's a little tougher.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:43 am

SurfPerch wrote:
Curious: I didn't pay any attention to .451 TMJ/plated bullets having ancient stashes of cheap (then) Rainiers... Anybody remembers what were 230gr TMJ (and plated) RN bullet prices before the craziness hit? Say, circa 2019?

I recently bought (1000) 230gr X-treme plated bullets from Bass Pro. They cost about $142 + tax, shipping was free.

Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:18 am

Anybody tried Redding Dual Ring Sizing Die for 45? https://www.redding-reloading.com/onlin ... rbide-dies
I'm curious about concentricity of the two rings...

Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3