Switch to full style
Maps, Firearm Forms, Printable Targets etc.
Post a reply

Re: Curio & Relic (C&R) License: What it is and how to get o

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Very nice.... One of these day's.. I guess I'll need to do it too..

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:32 pm

bmour wrote:Hooray! Mine finally came today! Finally something other than bills and junk in the mail!

and the paper above is finally turned into something fun....

VZ 24 8mm Mauser

now to figure out how to get the cosmoline cleaned out and stock up on 8mm

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:38 pm

just printed out the form.

I feel my wallet getting lighter already

Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:59 pm

I surrendered mine when I moved up here, might get another one next year.

After I read about the 30 days prior thing, and the requirements on the form for a copy of the lease agreement I said fuck it.

Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:37 pm

It's a no brainer. :whatthe:

If you are into older guns... Mosin Nagant, VZ, Mauser's, M44 or any of all the old surplus rifles as a collection.

$30 for 3 years... for collecting... having them shipped to your front door... typically paying no tax (using an out of state dealer)... shipping is typically $11-$19 per rifle and NO need to use a standard FFL... priceless! :thumbsup2:

Paperwork takes less than 10 minutes to fill out... :facepalm2:

Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:39 pm

That reminds me, I have to stop at the post office after work tomorrow. I received a notice in the mailbox today that they have two parcels for me.

They noted on the slip that the boxes are "long." :rockout:

Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:35 pm

Time for Bump!

If you don't have one and you like surplus firearms!!! Get one!
$30 for 3 years...

Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:20 pm

jessecain1 wrote:just printed out the form.

I feel my wallet getting lighter already

Same here. :bigsmile:

Wed May 15, 2013 12:16 pm

Does any one know if the FFL 03 C&R license information is accessible by the general public? Since I will be filling the license out as an individual, I'd rather my person information/home address is not shared. We'll keep that between the dealers and me.

I've read through this topic, the provided links, and some searching and all I can find is the ATF FFL listing by state http://www.atf.gov/about/foia/ffl-list.html . I do not see any FFL 03 licenses listed on the spreadsheet for WA state. Does this mean the ATF does not publish FFL 03s?

Wed May 15, 2013 12:28 pm

03's are not listed as they are private, personal licenses designed for the collector, not for resale.

Wed May 15, 2013 12:35 pm

Sad to say but your name is out there once you are approved. But even their list do not list 03's I see the 01, 06 07...

http://www.atf.gov/about/foia/ffl-list.html

Wed May 15, 2013 1:48 pm

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure if answering #7 on the application as individual vs corporation/partnership made any difference on what information is disclosed by the ATF. The last thing I want is "hey this guy is a collector and here's his home address" for anyone to find by Google.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:05 am

Curious, don't grenade me for asking.....

I am looking to circumnavigate a FFL for a SKS that I would like to buy. The rifle is C&R eligible, can I use someone else's C&R for one gun? Or does that violate the theory of being a collector, i.e. not for re-sale or peer-to-peer transfer. I feel if I wait to long the rifle will be gone, so applying for the license seems feudal.

So, just bend over and take the transfer fee, and sales tax!

Thanks

:diggin:

Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:12 am

EverydayMinuteMan wrote:I am looking to circumnavigate a FFL for a SKS that I would like to buy. The rifle is C&R eligible, can I use someone else's C&R for one gun? Or does that violate the theory of being a collector, i.e. not for re-sale or peer-to-peer transfer. I feel if I wait to long the rifle will be gone, so applying for the license seems feudal

...or futile.

No, you can't use someone else's C&R FFL for that. As a C&R FFL you can transfer guns in and out of your collection (buy & sell them), but you can't act as a "dealer". (and in this case, I'd argue you are proposing a straw purchase rather than the C&R acting as a dealer)

If you have a friend who has a C&R FFL you can suggest that they buy it for their collection, and maybe years later convince them to sell it to you.

My local kitchen table FFL is $25 for long guns, takes all of 5 minutes. Just sayin.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:14 am

oldkim wrote:Sad to say but your name is out there once you are approved. But even their list do not list 03's I see the 01, 06 07...

http://www.atf.gov/about/foia/ffl-list.html

My name is not on that list. I have an 03.
Post a reply