Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 WaGuns goes to SHOT - 2019 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

BlDtyLry wrote:
Thanks PMB for going through my list. Really appreciate it. Friend of mine goes to Shot Show but he's not a gun guy (mostly knives) so I couldn't get a feel on what was good or not.

I'm running a TriggerTech Diamond and it sounds like my next Bolt build I will be going with the Elftmann 700 because I want the rifle to be able run on the bench as well as for hunting. 3oz-5lbs is quite the adjustment range. I have three Elftmann AR triggers so I had a feeling this would be a good product as well.

As an experienced trigger upgrade guy, can you address the pros and cons of the designed overtravel?

Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Ian, thanks for sharing those details and for joining us! thumbsup

No kidding.

Welcome!!

I am like a PA top ten customer!! A couple weeks ago I REALLY thanked one of your folks (Lyndsey) for the free PA knit cap (wearing now) and praised just how awesome you guys are. Almost always have stock and your shipping is the most rapid of any industry I have dealt with. Lightning fast! Keep it up. :thumbsup2: :bow: :wagwoot:
Lyndsey is the lady that straightens things out when UPS delivers a box that has been opened, re-taped, and is missing half the stuff. Any time there is a ripple in the stream at PA, Lyndsey is the customer service lady the smooth things out and makes it all better!

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:18 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

sinus211 wrote:
Born from the SOCOM PDW solicitation, the NEW Maxim Defense PDX™- I didn't see this one. Maybe because it's so small? PMB?

It was small! I had an extra day at SHOT because I'm not a lazy fuck who leaves SHOT a day or two early so was able to track it down.
Spoiler: show
:ROFLMAO: I kid, I kid for real. Your WaGuns SHOT crew is a good group, present writer may be the sole exception.

The display... so many goodies on display! Seriously, I can't go 50 feet at SHOT without being jaw-droppingly pumped about something cool. If I hadn't had the list to track down I easily could have stumbled by, all bleary eyed with awe and joy at a booth 20 feet in front of this one.
There's just too much too see in one week!

Here it is being held by the kind fellow who took the time to talk about the niceties of a supercool newfangled Tool of Freedom to a milsurp guy.
Yep, it's small.

Other than sharing an acronym with one of the shittiest of shithole cities in our beloved nation, Maxim Defense's PDX is pretty darned cool.
Available in 2 calibers : 7.62x39 and 5.56.
Bbl length : 5.5 inches
OAL : 18.75" Yep, it's small.
Weight bare : 5 pounds 11 ounces.
Muzzle Device : : "Maxim Defense HATEBRAKE Muzzle Booster"
MSRP : $1995 [$2299.00 after they start shipping, $1995.00 is the Pre Order Only.]

Quote:
PDX™
Voted BEST OF SHOT 2019 by RECOIL Magazine

It felt great in the hands... But seriously, I just might be the 2A equivalent of feeding caviar to a pig. I love Tools of Freedom and the companies who provide them to us. My reviews are honest even if they can seem sycophantic. I may need to start comparing two things rather than just stating whether I like it or not. I'll work on finding a way to work through this adoration of all Tools of Freedom that end up in my hands.

I drug Mr MadPick back to this booth on Thursday to see if I could get some help figuring out the physics of...
The Hate Brake.
The same fellow who had walked me through it pulled up the video on his cellphone... have to find it. Just searched YT and the video that I saw is not showing up in the first two pages.
That little tiny Hate Brake almost completely eliminated muzzle flash despite the 5.5" barrel length. :timeout: Slow down there hoss! It isn't calculating for me! I'm confident that the reason it doesn't make sense for me is because I'm using arithmetic and the fellows who designed the Hate Brake are using algebra or calculus. I'm going to send an email to Maxim Defense and see if the fellow who helped me out can post that video.
I do not like not understanding something... I want to figure out the how!
Perhaps Mr MadPick can correct my recollection if I stray from his memory of the description, but if I may be allowed to condense the description down, the Hate Brake is like a 1 chamber suppressor that isn't a suppressor because it doesn't make it quieter and that is not the intent, even if it drops a decibel or 3.
Somehow that 1 chamber is enough to allow all the unburned gases/powder that would be present without the Hate Brake to be fully burned in that chamber. So sure, it sounds easy, but the difference between unHate-Braked and Hate-Braked is so stark as to amaze. I surely hope that the Maxim Defense rep can log on and share that video that I haven't found on YT.
Maybe someone on WaGuns has found it?

The muzzle flash reduction isn't even "the purpose" of the Hate Brake.
Here it is from the brochure that I brought home:
Quote:
A common problem in short barrel PDWs with low-pressure cartridges is reliable cycling. Maxim Defense Hate Brake muzzle booster is designed to regulate firearm exhaust gases to ensure PDWs cycle more reliably.
The primary design features include the redirection of the sound signature, decreasing the flash signature, significantly reducing recoil and increasing accuracy.

Despite that "primary design features" line, it seems that the true primary design was to increase the cycling reliability of short barrel PDWs, and the rest are just "Holy smokes, this things is cool!"

Hate Brake specs :
Cals : 5.56, 7.62x39, and 9mm
Thread pitches in : 1/2-28, 1/2-36, 5/8-24, and 5/8-28
Mat'l : stainless and titanium
Weight: 4.6 ounces
Length: 2.4 inches (! ... ?! but the flash suppression... blows my mind!)
Diameter: 1.75"
MSRP : $199.95

Yesh, it is small too.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:31 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Regarding the Micro Roni that has been discussed, this is the fellow (Mikey Hartman) who chatted with Mr MadPick and me at SHOT:

https://youtu.be/VyGnsLO6rDY

It really is a neat little device. When the house is finished I'm going to start the process of getting one.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Personally, for a bolt gun overtravel is irrelevant as is reset; you have to release your grip to cycle the bolt so it doesn't really matter. For a semi-auto that's a whole different story.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:28 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Spoiler: show
The display... so many goodies on display! Seriously, I can't go 50 feet at SHOT without being jaw-droppingly pumped about something cool. If I hadn't had the list to track down I easily could have stumbled by, all bleary eyed with awe and joy at a booth 20 feet in front of this one.
There's just too much too see in one week!

Here it is being held by the kind fellow who took the time to talk about the niceties of a supercool newfangled Tool of Freedom to a milsurp guy.
Yep, it's small.

Other than sharing an acronym with one of the shittiest of shithole cities in our beloved nation, Maxim Defense's PDX is pretty darned cool.
Available in 2 calibers : 7.62x39 and 5.56.
Bbl length : 5.5 inches
OAL : 18.75" Yep, it's small.
Weight bare : 5 pounds 11 ounces.
Muzzle Device : : "Maxim Defense HATEBRAKE Muzzle Booster"
MSRP : $1995 [$2299.00 after they start shipping, $1995.00 is the Pre Order Only.]

Quote:
PDX™
Voted BEST OF SHOT 2019 by RECOIL Magazine

It felt great in the hands... But seriously, I just might be the 2A equivalent of feeding caviar to a pig. I love Tools of Freedom and the companies who provide them to us. My reviews are honest even if they can seem sycophantic. I may need to start comparing two things rather than just stating whether I like it or not. I'll work on finding a way to work through this adoration of all Tools of Freedom that end up in my hands.

I drug Mr MadPick back to this booth on Thursday to see if I could get some help figuring out the physics of...
The Hate Brake.
The same fellow who had walked me through it pulled up the video on his cellphone... have to find it. Just searched YT and the video that I saw is not showing up in the first two pages.
That little tiny Hate Brake almost completely eliminated muzzle flash despite the 5.5" barrel length. :timeout: Slow down there hoss! It isn't calculating for me! I'm confident that the reason it doesn't make sense for me is because I'm using arithmetic and the fellows who designed the Hate Brake are using algebra or calculus. I'm going to send an email to Maxim Defense and see if the fellow who helped me out can post that video.
I do not like not understanding something... I want to figure out the how!
Perhaps Mr MadPick can correct my recollection if I stray from his memory of the description, but if I may be allowed to condense the description down, the Hate Brake is like a 1 chamber suppressor that isn't a suppressor because it doesn't make it quieter and that is not the intent, even if it drops a decibel or 3.
Somehow that 1 chamber is enough to allow all the unburned gases/powder that would be present without the Hate Brake to be fully burned in that chamber. So sure, it sounds easy, but the difference between unHate-Braked and Hate-Braked is so stark as to amaze. I surely hope that the Maxim Defense rep can log on and share that video that I haven't found on YT.
Maybe someone on WaGuns has found it?

The muzzle flash reduction isn't even "the purpose" of the Hate Brake.
Here it is from the brochure that I brought home:
Quote:
A common problem in short barrel PDWs with low-pressure cartridges is reliable cycling. Maxim Defense Hate Brake muzzle booster is designed to regulate firearm exhaust gases to ensure PDWs cycle more reliably.
The primary design features include the redirection of the sound signature, decreasing the flash signature, significantly reducing recoil and increasing accuracy.

Despite that "primary design features" line, it seems that the true primary design was to increase the cycling reliability of short barrel PDWs, and the rest are just "Holy smokes, this things is cool!"

Hate Brake specs :
Cals : 5.56, 7.62x39, and 9mm
Thread pitches in : 1/2-28, 1/2-36, 5/8-24, and 5/8-28
Mat'l : stainless and titanium
Weight: 4.6 ounces
Length: 2.4 inches (! ... ?! but the flash suppression... blows my mind!)
Diameter: 1.75"
MSRP : $199.95

Yesh, it is small too.[/quote]

I sent a note to Joey Harris, Maxim Defense's National Sales Director and he replied with the MSRP correction plus links.

Quote:
Maxim Defense – Hatebrake Video (7.62x39mm with and without the Hatebrake).

https://www.facebook.com/maximdefense/v ... kxNTM5Mzc/

The Hatebrake doesn’t do anything for sound other than throw it forward. It does mimic the blowback of adding a silencer, and that is the heart of getting 100% reliability out of the PDX. The Hatebrake installs easily with a normal 3/8 drive ratchet & extension.

Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17