Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:53 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 May 6th 10:00 AM Sultan Basin RD Shoot and Cleanup. 

Hello All,

Reposting my thread in here per the recommendation of fellow members.

I went up to Sultan Basin RD last weekend to do some shooting and see that the snow is starting to melt. I figured once the snow melts we should get a few people together to shoot and cleanup one or two of the pits after the road becomes gravel. Would anyone be interested in doing such a thing? I'd be happy to coordinate if there is interest.

When and Where will we be meeting?:
We will be meeting at the Sultan Park and Ride at 10:00am May 6th, with the intent to be at the location at 10:30AM. I have sent the specific location to roughly 20 of you. If I missed someone please reply to the thread!

Purpose:
Clean up one of the few legal shooting spots off Sultan Basin RD and to meet and enjoy shooting with fellow WAGunners. I have spoke with the DNR and this spot will get closed down soon due to all the trash left behind.

Benefit:
To instill stewardship across the shooting community, keep one of the last shooting pits in King county open, and potentially put hours towards a free Discover Pass.

The cleanup will take place a few miles up this red line. I will provide coordinate to all of those wishing to attend. Do NOT go up here by yourself. People have created shooting spots on land owned by logging companies and in no shooting zones. If you mistakenly end up in this area you could get your gear confiscated or prosecuted for trespassing.

Weather:

Last edited by matt_brownies on Tue May 01, 2018 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:13 pm

Sorry for not following up on this in almost a month, I haven’t had much time with the new gig. However, I was finally able to get out to the spot with a DNR officer and it looks like I was looking at the wrong place. Thankfully this place does not have large garbage like fridges and the like, just a ton of small garbage. That being said this is the best local shooting spot I have found as it goes out to 100 or more yards. I have attached pictures of the garbage and range to this email.

I know a lot of you had already emailed me saying you are interested. I now have final so I will send everyone that expressed interest on this thread the coordinates ot this shooting spot.

We will be meeting Sunday May 6th, 10AM at the Sultan Park and ride. The DNR will be waiving the requirement for a Discovery pass for the duration of the clean only. If you wish to shoot you will either have to have a discovery pass, or ride with someone that has one. Unfortunately all the spots in my vehicle are already reserved.

Things that would be great if people could bring.

- Rakes
- Magnetic sweeper
- Canopies for shade

Pics of the Spot - ImageImageImage

Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:13 pm

Just got back from the clean up, it was a huge success and a pleasure working with such a GREAT bunch of people!! :wagwoot: Everybody involved put forth a tremendous amount of effort in getting this place cleaned up. :thumbsup2: A HUGE and SINCERE THANK YOU :bow: to all who attended!! Here are some after pics to go along with Matt's before pics above.

Attachment:
pic_1_after_s1.jpg

Attachment:
pic_2_after_s1.jpg

Attachment:
pic_3_after1_s1.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 06, 2018 2:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]