Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:20 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Black Lake Regatta - This weekend! 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Supposed to be a great warm weekend. Wanted to let you all know of an event that is close to me happening this weekend.

Annual Black Lake Regatta - Hydro Races - Olympia, WA

It's all taking place at 7540 Lakeside St - Olympia, WA. This will be the location of the Grandstands, Pit and Beer Garden. Black Lake FD will be there serving BBQ and refreshments too.

I should be there all weekend and I will be sporting my WaGuns shirt and/or hat.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:26 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

so what you are saying is there will be a party at your house right????? :-bd jestera

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:04 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

mash man wrote:
so what you are saying is there will be a party at your house right????? :-bd jestera

No need, beer garden with live band(s) after the Races on Sat until 10. Beer Garden till 7 on Sun!

Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice and warm first day. Lots of people came out too.

Sad day though because we had a fatality crash. 32 year old out of Buckley. Boat flipped and the survival capsule that is supposed to float, sank. Took the dove team 10+ minutes to locate it, and by that time, it was too late.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:14 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

We were going to come out today but I wasnt feeling well, slept most the afternoon.

That is sad, Saw it on the olympian website. Out of curiosity, why wouldnt there be some form of emergency air like a scuba tank in the capsule? Seems that could have saved him if the floating pod fails.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

There is, rumor has it he was knocked out in the crash, therefore unable to put on his mask.

The capsules ate designed to float, with an emergency hatch at the bottom. The boat and capsule are / were still at the bottom of the lake. I am going down there in a little bit to check in the park (this is my neighborhood). I'll see if the boat is out and get pics.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:09 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Damn, Dan . . . I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Let us know as you learn more.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:38 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

2nd day is done and the Regatta is over. Fast boats, hot chicks, good times. Olydeamon came down too! I wish he would have let me know, I could have gotten him in for FREE! lol. Sorry we didn't get a chance to chat longer, as you could see, was quite tied up.

To finish up the story about the crash. The driver died during the crash and didn't drown as we all had thought. his neck was broken from the violent tossing the boat took. According to the FD, it was instant, he didn't feel a thing. The boat has been recovered and the capsule is being investigated since it failed to stay afloat (the main reason there are capsules). No pictures as it's all under wraps (literally). I got a chance to see the helmet and it was all broken up. This was not a good ride. The family showed back up today to retrieve the RV and belongings and we all set out Memorial Fun donation jars and pulled in quite a bit from spectators and other racers as well. This should help offset the cost of burying the young man.

Next year it will be happening again. Always the weekend after the 4th of July!

Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Great to see ya Dan. Kids were ready to go by the time I saw ya. Next time I'll arrange a solo trip so I can stay to take photos.. maybe you can sneak me a pit pass :). I took a bunch of stuff, but im sure its no where as good as the people with lenses longer than my Mak90.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the kid that passed was a frind of my racing buddie and from the story i got he didnt drown spinal cord was the issue... just saying and its a very sad deal

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:28 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

never_to_much wrote:
the kid that passed was a frind of my racing buddie and from the story i got he didnt drown spinal cord was the issue... just saying and its a very sad deal

Man, really sorry to hear that.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

never_to_much wrote:

He was well memorialized this weekend. A lot of people came together out of this event closer and more compassionate towards the risks that these guys face when they chose to strap in and throttle up.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah I can immagine that it would bring lots just a little closer.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:47 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 13 posts ]