Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:52 am


Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar




Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Whisky Tasting & Learning - To benefit DocNugent's widow 
Author Message
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 44361
Real Name: Steve
Okay, it's happening!

When: Saturday, August 27th, 7:00 p.m.

Where: The Carriages Cabana (apartment complex), 15108 SE 179th St, Renton
https://goo.gl/maps/7uQVvTGfBkt

Why: To benefit Pamela Nugent, the widow of WaGuns member DocNugent who passed away recently (thread). All profits will be given to Pamela.

What: Breck (former username +ULFBERH+T) is a "brand ambassador" for the Diageo whisky portfolio. Yes, this means that he makes a living by knowing whisky . . . and he knows his stuff. Breck will bring about a half-dozen single malt Scotches, and you will have a chance to try each of them as Breck teaches us how to taste them, what we are tasting, and why. He will make "tasting mats" which describe each type of whisky that we're tasting, to use as a reference as he describes them. Breck is donating all of the Scotch and his time and expertise for this fundraiser. :thumbsup2: We will provide some food as well.

Donation: The suggested donation is $100; the minimum donation is $50.

Please sign up ahead of time; this will help us make sure that we have the right amount of food, glasses, etc. Please reply to this thread with "I'm in" and send your donation via one of these methods:
1) By PayPal to paypal@waguns.org.
2) Use our WaGuns "Donate" page: donate/. You do not need a PayPal account to do this, just a credit card.

Please put "DocNugent" in the PayPal comments field.

Some folks expressed interest in bringing other types of whisky to the tasting; if you want to do that, please post below or send a PM to Breck so he can coordinate and plan.

Thanks for your support! This is a good community. :wagwoot:

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:39 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 44361
Real Name: Steve
And I'll kick it off. Yes, I'll be there. PayPal sent.

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:39 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Bellevue
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015
Posts: 1759
Real Name: (Breck)
This will be a good one, folks. I give you my personal guarantee that you will walk away from this knowing more about whisky than you ever even knew you wanted to know.


Last edited by Breck on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:08 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: The banana belt of Sequim
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016
Posts: 1724
Real Name: Jay
In and donated. Even though MadPick will be there. :peep:

_________________
MadPick wrote:
. . . and the more I lubed it, the better it did.


Thread all the things and suppress all the threaded things.

Jay
I'm not interested in how or where a weapon is made, as long as it does the job it needs to do and I know how to use it.
As long as it fires ammunition and you've got lots of it, that's all you should be concerned about.
Andy McNab, SAS


Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:17 pm
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Marysville
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012
Posts: 11897
Real Name: Mike
On my 5th wedding anniversary, of course. Wish I could be there, enjoy the whiskey gentlemen. Great cause!

_________________
Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/


Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:27 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 44361
Real Name: Steve
sinus211 wrote:
On my 5th wedding anniversary, of course. Wish I could be there


You got something better planned?

Come on . . . think of the points you could score. "Honey, come spend the evening with me to support a great cause. Let's do this TOGETHER."

On that note, I think I have my gf half-convinced to go.

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:05 pm
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Marysville
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012
Posts: 11897
Real Name: Mike
MadPick wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
On my 5th wedding anniversary, of course. Wish I could be there


You got something better planned?

Come on . . . think of the points you could score. "Honey, come spend the evening with me to support a great cause. Let's do this TOGETHER."

On that note, I think I have my gf half-convinced to go.


First class to Vegas. Charlemagne suite at the Paris with view of the Eiffel tower and Bellagio fountains in the background. Dinner at Gordon Ramsay steakhouse LV. Beef Wellington and Wagu steak. Champagne. Lots and lots of sex.

Points will be scored. :thumbsup2:

_________________
Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/


Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:20 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 15093
Real Name: John
sinus211 wrote:
MadPick wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
On my 5th wedding anniversary, of course. Wish I could be there


You got something better planned?

Come on . . . think of the points you could score. "Honey, come spend the evening with me to support a great cause. Let's do this TOGETHER."

On that note, I think I have my gf half-convinced to go.


First class to Vegas. Charlemagne suite at the Paris with view of the Eiffel tower and Bellagio fountains in the background. Dinner at Gordon Ramsay steakhouse LV. Beef Wellington and Wagu steak. Champagne. Lots and lots of sex.

Points will be scored. :thumbsup2:


Now we know why you sold the 5R. :wink05:

_________________
Mr. Q wrote: so basically, if you have to smoke some asshole, make sure they become fertilizer and then Bounce? got it.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member


Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:22 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 44361
Real Name: Steve
A'ight, Mike. I can't argue with that. thumbsup

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:25 pm
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Marysville
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012
Posts: 11897
Real Name: Mike
usrifle wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
MadPick wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
On my 5th wedding anniversary, of course. Wish I could be there


You got something better planned?

Come on . . . think of the points you could score. "Honey, come spend the evening with me to support a great cause. Let's do this TOGETHER."

On that note, I think I have my gf half-convinced to go.


First class to Vegas. Charlemagne suite at the Paris with view of the Eiffel tower and Bellagio fountains in the background. Dinner at Gordon Ramsay steakhouse LV. Beef Wellington and Wagu steak. Champagne. Lots and lots of sex.

Points will be scored. :thumbsup2:


Now we know why you sold the 5R. :wink05:


The things we do for our women. :facepalm2:

There may be a 6.5creedmoor coming down the pipe soon. I kept my scope. Stay tuned...

_________________
Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/


Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:34 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 44361
Real Name: Steve
Who else?

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:54 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Burlington
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012
Posts: 4713
Real Name: Kyle
Im only coming if Breck wears his kilt!

Seriously guys, I've done a tasting that Breck hosted. Super informational, fun, even around complete strangers, and you get to taste some badass Single Malts. Its sort of a ways away for me, but going to check the schedule and try my damndest to make it. Thanks for doing this Breck!


Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:38 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Joined: Wed Mar 6, 2013
Posts: 12018
Dilemma...
We'll already be up there for the Shooting Sports Expo at Tacoma.

If I take a whiff of a fresh hard liquor I can get dizzy. A decent sip and my head buzzes.
I'll also have the 2.5 year old and the Missus. I can't travel without them (mostly because the Missus has my shock collar on a proximity setting.)

Maybe I'll just pitch the $ in an and bring a non-alcoholic drink.


Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:18 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Burlington
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012
Posts: 4713
Real Name: Kyle
PMB wrote:
Dilemma...
We'll already be up there for the Shooting Sports Expo at Tacoma.

If I take a whiff of a fresh hard liquor I can get dizzy. A decent sip and my head buzzes.
I'll also have the 2.5 year old and the Missus. I can't travel without them (mostly because the Missus has my shock collar on a proximity setting.)

Maybe I'll just pitch the $ in an and bring a non-alcoholic drink.


I dont know about you, but my 2 year old begged me to take him. But then again, he drinks me under the table.... :cheers2:


Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:43 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Joined: Wed Mar 6, 2013
Posts: 12018
Jagerbomber35 wrote:
PMB wrote:
Dilemma...
We'll already be up there for the Shooting Sports Expo at Tacoma.

If I take a whiff of a fresh hard liquor I can get dizzy. A decent sip and my head buzzes.
I'll also have the 2.5 year old and the Missus. I can't travel without them (mostly because the Missus has my shock collar on a proximity setting.)

Maybe I'll just pitch the $ in an and bring a non-alcoholic drink.


I dont know about you, but my 2 year old begged me to take him. But then again, he drinks me under the table.... :cheers2:


So far my little one hasn't gotten past IPA and an occasional cigar. Not only would your son be a bad influence on my daughter, sounds like he'd be a bad influence on me! :cheers2:


Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:46 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.966s | 20 Queries | GZIP : Off ]