Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:48 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 WaGuns goes to SHOT - 2020 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

usrifle wrote:
Um, how much is that wonderful toy?

I’m curious too. We saw it today but I was afraid to ask the price. They’re really beautifully constructed!

Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:41 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

^ Haha, I saw that. We asked him what caliber it was, I was expecting to hear .45-70 or something. "9mm, takes Glock mags." Whoa!

Man, it was a looong day today. PMB, Sinus211, MyNameIs940 (who was there representing Precise Shooter) and I walked the floor. I didn't take a whole lot of pics, but we did see some cool stuff.

Early in the day we got some eye candy from F-1 Firearms. They've sure got some sexy ARs:

Here's me and MyNameIs940 taking a break . . . .

Then it was on to Palmetto State Armory. Two years ago they announced that they were building an affordable MP5 clone, though it stil hasn't made its way to market. Here's their current prototype:

They're still making changes to the design. They are planning to replace that Magpul lower with a different Magpul design that looks and feels better. They're hoping to have it released to market by Christmas . . . but we've heard that before, so who knows. They said that their original price target was to be sub-$1200, and right now they're hoping to be sub-$1000 but they really couldn't get specific, which I understand at this point in the project.

They also showed us this little beauty, in 300 Blackout:

That's the JAKL, an AR-15 . . . ish rifle that does not have a buffer tube protruding from the back, which of course frees you up to have different stocks, including folding stocks. They're still working on this one too, but planning to have it out in late 2020.

We stopped at the SCCY booth to see some of their new pistols. This one is the DVG-1, which is striker-fired and comes with a Crimson Trace red dot sight:

This is a 10+1 9mm pistol. Honestly . . . I didn't love it. The trigger was pretty hard, and the gun just doesn't feel good in my hand. Here's the double-action only hammer-fired version, the CPX-2:

I hate DAO, so this one isn't for me either. Normally I'm a sucker for the cheap guns, but I'm going to pass on these.

Timney showed us their Daniel Horner DH3 trigger for the AR-15:

Oooooh baby! This has an 8-ounce first stage, and about a 1-pound second stage although it's adjustable. Man, that was a nice trigger! I think this would be great for target rifles, though it's probably too late for your average run-and-gun blaster.

Even though I saw the Holosun HS507K at range day yesterday, I had to check it out in more detail today. Here's on mounted to a P365:

Again . . . it's the same footprint as the Shield RMSc red dot (and Sig RomeoZero), except that it only uses the two forward "posts." The two rear posts need to be removed. It has three reticles: Dot only, circle only, and circle+dot (my favorite). It uses a side-loading CR1632 battery, so you don't need to remove the sight to change batteries. It has auto-on (Shake Awake) and auto-off. Yup, I'll be buying one for my P365 as soon as they're out.

Holosun is also updating the HS507C to use a side-loading battery. If I understood correctly, it will be a CR1632 as well. They will be sacrificing battery life for the ability to replace without removing the sight. Some pics:

And last but not least, an AR-15 in .380 ACP!

That AR is from Black Creek Precision. To answer the question, "why 380," we were told that in some places in South America it's illegal for civilians to own 9mm, but .380 is okay . . . hence the design. Works for me! It uses Glock .380 mags.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:49 pm

usrifle wrote:

3,500..I reserved one in your name!

NRA Life Member

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:01 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for the update, fellas. Great pics!

If they're making a pistol caliber carbine in .380 ACP then maybe they'll make one in my favorite service-calibers-aren't-legal-here caliber, .30 Luger.

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, no booth girls this year?

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:06 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Bilgetroll wrote:
Thanks for the update, fellas. Great pics!

If they're making a pistol caliber carbine in .380 ACP then maybe they'll make one in my favorite service-calibers-aren't-legal-here caliber, .30 Luger.

You should talk to Madpick about that. He recently purchased a .30 Luger

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:

We saw a few, Madpick asked Sinus to pose with them but Sinus refused so I’m not sure if we’ll get pics this year. I’ll try to get some tomorrow for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:38 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MyNameIs940 wrote:
Arisaka wrote:

We saw a few, Madpick asked Sinus to pose with them but Sinus refused so I’m not sure if we’ll get pics this year. I’ll try to get some tomorrow for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Them chicks had mouth herpes the size of silver dollars! Let’s see if we can find some clean ones tomorrow

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cerberus Group wrote:
usrifle wrote:

3,500..I reserved one in your name!

Thanks Steve, so when can i pick it up? :bow:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You guys are having a blast!

If you see Innovative Arms, you might get the scoop on the new looking IA-SC9. Looks shorter maybe?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:29 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

surevaliance wrote:
Bilgetroll wrote:
If you guys happen by the Zastava USA table could you please hassle them about bringing in their stainless M70 Mauser that they sell all over the rest of Europe and the Commonwealth and also barreled actions?

Their catalog alleges that they sell blued barrelled actions in the US but they're not very good about answering emails. That would be ok for my project but what I'd really like is a stainless one.

Thanks and have fun!

Also, pls ask then what the hell happened to their "soon-to-be-released" PPZ pistol that they were planning to make in 9x19, .45 ACP and possibly 7.62x25 Tok.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zastava_PPZ

Ok, MyNameIs940 and I talked to Zastava.

M70 stainless action: Yes, it’s in work to sell in the US but they don’t have a time frame right now. They sell the blued rifles now; blued actions will come first, then stainless.

PPZ: Still a “future gun,” still hopefully in Tokarev, but they don’t know if this will become a reality or not.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tokarev = unuptainable ammo. IMO

I sold my gun and ammo a long time ago due to the fact of the ammo going up in price and completely disappearing.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone put their mitts on the new CZ 75 / 1911 hybrid called the DWX? :popcorn:

Divided we fall.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd be interested to know if the new magpul short tower glock drums fit into a Vector if you haven't been to their booth yet.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:56 am

Thanks gents. Glad to hear they have barreled actions on the importation radar screen. Much like with our legislators, writing emails to vendors is no comparison to bothering them in person.

I don't mind putting off the start of this project for a while. Hopefully they get these imports going in the fullness of time.

Speaking of Srpski shooting fun, any indication that Prvi Partizan is going to start producing 6.5CM? I kind of can't believe they let S&B eat their lunch on that one...

Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next